Tips on how to catch a sturgeon?

#1bubblepuddlePosted 5/15/2013 5:34:36 AM
I wanna be able to catch one early so that I'll be able to reproduce them using the fishing shed. I've been trying but I still haven't caught one until now. Any tips? Ack, my arm hurts...
---
3DS FC: 3411 0411 7192
Add me! :D Please? ...no? :okay:
#2LirishaePosted 5/15/2013 5:58:11 AM
They are honestly just that difficult to find =/ It's possible that higher fishing skill helps, though it's equally possible I was just a little luckier as time went on. Just to make sure, you are using the Master Rod right? They can't be caught with the normal fishing rod. There aren't any real tips I can give you, but here's what I did when I fished up the five I have in my raffle prizes:

1. Receive Angler's Dream for my birthday. I got mine from the Harvest Goddess, but you have a chance of getting it from Klaus, Kosaburo, Iroha, Sandra, the Witch Princess, and Rebecca as well.

2. Leave for Snowland at 10 AM to give you the most time possible.

3. Run over to the fishing hole, equip the ice drill, drink the Angler's Dream, and save the game.

4. Drill the hole, then use Good Fish Food on it.

5. Fish all day. If I don't catch two sturgeon, I reset the day and try again.

Note that you'll have to drill the hole again every time you reset the game. That's why I said to save the game with the ice drill equipped, and play through the whole day instead of a few hours before resetting.

Hopefully this helps! Best of luck to you :D
---
"Little scratches on people's hearts will be gone if they pat them from behind, but the humans don't know that." -Li'l Cactus
3DS FC: 0619-3174-3155
#3bubblepuddle(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2013 6:09:48 AM
Yup, I'm using the Master Rod but I'm not using any fish food or stuff like that since I thought I could catch it with just my skillzzz. Guess not! XD

I'll go try using some fish food. I also had some fish that got away and they might've been the sturgeon. Darn. Anyways, I'll keep trying. Thanks! :D
---
3DS FC: 3411 0411 7192
Add me! :D Please? ...no? :okay:
#4LirishaePosted 5/15/2013 6:25:22 AM
Good Fish Food will up your bite rate by 20%, so it's a must when you're fishing in a vacation spot with finite time :D And I've had the exact same experience/feeling! >.< If you're not using Angler's Dream, it helps to put the 3DS on a flat surface. It makes it easier to press the A button faster that way.
---
"Little scratches on people's hearts will be gone if they pat them from behind, but the humans don't know that." -Li'l Cactus
3DS FC: 0619-3174-3155