How is the Fireblast upgrade for the Scatter Blaster?

#1RKO_ViperPosted 9/9/2012 10:15:11 AM
I'm about to unlock this upgrade, and just wondering if it's any good?

It seems like it would be a good choice for people who aren't that good at aiming the Scatter Blaster (like me). Incase I do get lucky and land a shot, it'll do DoT.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#2Gun SagePosted 9/9/2012 10:19:55 AM
It's a psuedo-range upgrade, giving you a DoT on hit, no matter the hit, that does decent damage.

You can also hit cover a bit more often with it as they will be burning while you're moving around cover, meaning no shield regen/continued damage. Hit a few shots, duck behind cover, reload, and then go at it again. As long as they don't run you can use it to really change your playstyle for the better.

Ultimately? If you want to use the scatterblaster for brawling you're better off with sonic blast...
---
Now these points of data make a beautiful line, and we're out of beta we're releasing on time! So I'm glad I got burned, think of all the things we learned!
#3RKO_Viper(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2012 10:48:17 AM
Well I'm not that good at aiming the SB, so it seems like it'll be perfect for me. I can just hide behind cover if possible and take pot shots at the enemy.

Does the DoT stack with each shot by any chance? Like if I shoot someone with it 3 times, will the fire damage be tripled?
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#4Gun SagePosted 9/9/2012 11:12:11 AM
No, it just refreshes.
---
Now these points of data make a beautiful line, and we're out of beta we're releasing on time! So I'm glad I got burned, think of all the things we learned!
#5thebest99Posted 9/9/2012 12:32:44 PM
I found fireblast to be a terrible upgrade. Sacrifice your blast damage in hopes that the dot kills them isn't worth the gamble. Stick with Sonic Blast.
---
New Commentary! watch this ****ing ****9/6/12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzeAJ4OF-Wg
#6ShuyinVsTidusPosted 9/9/2012 1:29:13 PM(edited)
I actually tried this out a couple hours ago after unlocking it. I think it sucks.
---
Foolish mortals and your petty squabbles
Giga-Graviton > Zanmato
#7VaporFoxPosted 9/9/2012 1:41:32 PM
Long story short: You're trading stopping power (which the SB feels kind of underpowered to me in the first place) for a CHANCE to cause constant slow-draining damage; you're not even guaranteed to set them on fire with each shot.

It can be useful against the people who try to hit-and-run the second they take any damage, since it prevents their shield from regenerating while they're aflame, but if you tend to favor up-close slugfests/sneak attacks more often, as Sage suggested, you're better off sticking with the other upgrades.
---
"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
Xbox Live Gamertag: Valorik
#8Rainbow_GnashPosted 9/9/2012 2:13:42 PM
still sucks, will always suck unless it is buffed to such a level the DoT does OP damage.

"When the enemy is in your face, and you need to kill him now, greater damage is just seconds away."

For hit and run tactics I wouldnt use a weapon that forces me to commit like a shotgun, I'd stick with the pistol, where this upgrade could have been an interesting option if it werent so nerfed that it needed magma dampener. Certainly much more interesting than Lights Out, which hardly anyone uses because it is a conceptually stupid attachment for the weapon. I have literally only seen one blue laser in the entire time I've played this game.
---
*Googles Jacob's Ladder*
Dammit dude it's way too early for me to be looking at other men's junk.
#9TornadofoxPosted 9/9/2012 5:59:28 PM
The way i look at it, each good loadout has a weapon for killing weenies and one for titans and destroyers. Fireblast makes the scatter blaster better for killing scientists and other infiltrators who like to keep distance or hit and run, where sonic blast is more effective for big targets up close.
#10sicNMEPosted 9/9/2012 6:06:35 PM
It's not that great. Stick with the upgrade that increase fire rate.