Love for the Throwback Blaster?

#1Banjo_ozPosted 9/11/2012 6:31:04 AM
I love playing with the Throwback Blaster... the sound it makes just improves single player fun tenfold, IMO. However, it's so wimpy it seems pretty pointless as a "real" weapon to play with. :(

Am I the only one who loves this gun? Am I the only one who'd love to see a patch to enable us to upgrade it (and the Slingshock), even if only once they're available to "everyone" via paid-for DLC.

Then again, I'm the guy who'd love to see them release a "retro" weapons DLC pack, with the two pre-order guns packaged up with a re-imagining of Prime, Megatron and Starscream's G1 cartoon guns. Heck, I'd be happy to pay if the guns were just a Path Blaster, Riot Cannon and Neutron Rifle with alternate sound effects! :D
#2ActionButlerPosted 9/11/2012 6:34:28 AM
I'm not sure what the point of adding the Throwback Blaster and the Slingshot was since we can't upgrade them. The Slingshot is a pretty decent gun on its own, but the Throwback is just average across the board.

I would have happily used the Throwback for the entire campaign if it would have been comparable to the other guns.
#3Special-EddPosted 9/11/2012 7:12:04 AM
The Throwback Pistol was funny to use but such a bad weapon in general. I like the sounds and the effect you get when you kill someone with it but it is outclassed by pretty much any other gun in the game. At least the Sling Shock was a good weapon even without any upgrades.
---
Playing: Smite Closed Beta, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, Sleeping Dogs
Anticipating: Borderlands 2, Dishonored
#4Gun SagePosted 9/11/2012 8:44:26 AM
It was there for the early game. It far outclassed the pathblaster and just about any other unupgraded weapon you had. Plus, soooo much reserve ammo.
---
Now these points of data make a beautiful line, and we're out of beta we're releasing on time! So I'm glad I got burned, think of all the things we learned!
#5Banjo_oz(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2012 4:47:21 AM
Exactly. I don't get why it can't be upgraded! I love the retro sound and feel to it, I love that it's one of the only "totally straightforward" guns (no special effects, tricks or gimmicks: it just blasts things and is the definition of "vanilla"). Why not let us upgrade it?

Heck, I'd be quite happy if the upgrades were just damage buffs and maybe a clip size increase and an accuracy buff... nothing fancy, High Moon! C'mon!
#6WingZero0782Posted 9/15/2012 5:54:53 AM
I always give it to Starscream in his campaign level as he used it a lot in the cartoon.
---
Currently Playing: who the **** cares.
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
#7scrawlx101Posted 9/15/2012 8:37:39 AM
wat is the throwback blaster?that gun which makes enemies fight for u?
---
PS3 tag:omegakid101
#8Rainbow_GnashPosted 9/15/2012 8:45:50 AM
scrawlx101 posted...

No that's the corrupter, this is a pre order bonus gun.
---
*Googles Jacob's Ladder*
Dammit dude it's way too early for me to be looking at other men's junk.
#9jenovaPosted 9/15/2012 9:08:38 AM
scrawlx101 posted...

Stay in school. Reading is a critical skill for success these days.
---
Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh; fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding a simple ending...
#10WingZero0782Posted 9/15/2012 8:22:10 PM
scrawlx101 posted...

G1 Megatron gun (what he transforms into in the cartoon), you got that Optimus Prime G1 skin and Shockwaves's gun in a pre-order DLC.
---
Currently Playing: who the **** cares.
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.