Just got the game and have a question on DLC...

#1RayReptilePosted 12/26/2012 6:34:31 PM
Hey guys,
I just got the game for Christmas and am excited to play it since I loved War for Cybertron. However, I noticed there is a LOT of DLC out there for the game, so I have two questions...

1) Is all the DLC related to online multiplayer games and not single player based?

2) Is there a "season pass" type plan that gets you all the DLC? If not... are there packs that include everything so I don't actually buy things multiple times?
#2FullMetalMegaPosted 12/26/2012 6:43:35 PM
I think most of the DlC is just extra characters to use in Multiplayer. Not really any requirement to play online.
---
GT: Dark Guardian88
3DS FC: 1375-7986-1634
#3Optimus MagnusPosted 12/26/2012 10:09:50 PM
The only DLC that has anything to do with the single player is a Gen1 Optimus Prime skin (which can also be used in multiplayer), a Gen2 Bruticus skin, and two weapons. Other than that, all the DLC is only for multiplayer. And while there's no "season pass", you can get groups of skins in one download.

The Multiplayer Havoc Pack has Perceptor, Ultra Magnus, Blast Off, Wheeljack, and Zeta Prime.

The Dinobot Destructor Pack has all the Dinobots except for Sludge.

The Massive Fury Pack has the Insecticons, G1 Optimus (campaign and multiplayer), Hound, and G2 Bruticus (campaign only). This pack also includes two weapons for the campaign.
---
"One sh³all stand. One sh³all fall."- Optimus Prime Leader of the Autobots.
"Bringing the Mother-****ing death by Konami!!"- Jan Valentine
#4RayReptile(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 11:14:22 PM
Thanks. Just trying to figure out what I need to get.
#5MushdogPosted 12/28/2012 4:52:20 PM
Are the extra weapons worth it?
---
The best offense is a good defense.
#6Optimus MagnusPosted 12/28/2012 7:28:43 PM
The Shockwave one is actually pretty powerful and useful, even on Hard. The Megatron one is rather pathetic in terms of power/usefulness. But it's hilarious to use. But neither one is really necessary. I wouldn't recommend buying the DLC just for the weapons and I'm not sure if they can be purchased individually, though they probably can be.
---
#7dcc76Posted 1/6/2013 10:03:45 AM
What are the names of the two weapons? I'm pretty sure one of them is the sling shock cannon (complete with 80's sound effects and I assume that's the Shockwave weapon), but which is the Megatron weapon? I can never remember.
---
If we never make love again... would you still want to call out my name...
#8Optimus MagnusPosted 1/6/2013 12:50:06 PM
As far as I remember, the Sling Shock Cannon doesn't have any unique sound effects, it's the Retro Laser (the one based on Megatron, and I'm not too sure that's the correct name) that has the sound effects.
---