Tournament Proposal: Conquest Champions!

#1OrdinaryJonPosted 11/1/2012 11:18:51 AM
Hey everyone!

As the title suggested, I'm suggesting we have a little tournament :). I'm open for any suggestions/modifications to what I have now and will edit this initial post with any changes everyone really wants to see.

Overview: (read below for expanded reasoning behind decisions)

1. Mode: Conquest - (Private matches to customize teams)
Teams: 4v4 - 1 of each class per team
2. Progression: Best of ? - Winning team faces other winning team of another bracket
3. Proposed date: Winter break - most people will be off work/school and will have a day to play (Dec. 22 - Jan. 5th) (Subject to change depending on feedback)
4. Problems: Honesty required in reporting win/losses of teams and/or any cheating.

Overall: i think I'd be awesome to have a little tournament amongst the fans of this game just for fun. I'm sure everyone who wants to be involved in this would be truthful and follow the rules.

Explanations:

1. So first off, I'd like this to be a conquest tournament. I think the best set up would be a 4v4 scenario (one of each class on each team for the sake of fairness). Anything goes in terms of what you can put on your character as long as their is only one of each class per team. The only problem with this is that level 25s are favoured because they have access to all the unlockable perks and whatnot, but if you are choosing someone to play a certain class on the team, they will most likely be 25 so I don't think that's an issue. (most people that will participate in this will most likely be 25 prime in all classes anyway)

2.The average conquest game I find is around 10-15 minutes so depending on how many teams we get that will play, will determine what best of series each teams will have to play to advance.

3. Any date in the near future can work, I just picked a time where I think most people will have free time to play, also gives people time to find a team and level up.

4. The only major problem here is that this will require a huge amount of honour system reporting. I will have to rely on everyone telling the truth of who won in the match and who lost because there is no way I can host every match and just wait to see the outcome, that would take forever. Also everyone would have to make sure they don't have double of any class in their team, this also requires people play fairly and don't pick double classes on purpose. They only way to prove a team did this would be a screen shot or recording showing them cheating.

SO, sorry for the huge post, just read the overview if you don't want to read further. Please let me know what you guys think and suggest any things to change to make it more appealing to everyone.

I really want this to happen as I really enjoy this game and want to see the best of the best placed against each other in friendly competition!!
---
Check it out for awesome FoC games and Walkthroughs!
http://www.youtube.com/user/OrdinaryJon?feature=mhee
#2TheBlackRequiemPosted 11/1/2012 1:05:01 PM
Count me in! :D I'm about to become Prime for the second time on my alt, so I should be Prime 25 by the time the tournament starts.

I like the idea of only having one of each class in a game since most public games end up with half of the players playing as Scientist. :/
---
PSN ID: SniperMusician75
Currently Playing: Transformers: FoC, Starhawk, and LittleBigPlanet 2
#3TerraponPosted 11/1/2012 1:12:14 PM
Just be a scientist and go to someplace no one will go for the honor system issue. i call infiltrator.
---
xENDERSgotGAMEx (PSN)
#4TheBlackRequiemPosted 11/1/2012 1:43:33 PM
Terrapon posted...
Just be a scientist and go to someplace no one will go for the honor system issue. i call infiltrator.

He said it would take too long to monitor every game himself...
---
#5sephiroth068Posted 11/1/2012 2:25:25 PM
I would love to take part in this tournament...however im not sure if I will be able to participate during Winter Break because I am unsure of what my plans are for the Winter this year...if im at home though (which is likely but it may change) then Ill definitely participate in this tournament and Ill be one of your guys that monitors matches for you to make sure its honest

i may hate losing but i never sink so low as to falsify match results

you should implement a system where someone in a match is the "referee" so to speak that has reports in what the match result was that is backed up by other players in the match so that the one person reporting the result has evidence by other players in the match

obviously there may be some flaws with this but they can be ironed out im sure...im just throwing out the idea
---
Chapter 7, that's all you need to say to a Valkyria fan, they'll know what you mean-Celestial Damnation (see quote)
#6OrdinaryJon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2012 4:27:06 PM
I did think of just being a scientist and staying high above the match but depending on how many teams are formed, it would take forever for this to end because matches couldn't take place at the same time and would have to be done 1 by 1. Although if we do get a small amount of teams I could just "referee" each match. Let's see what kinda turnout we get. Let all your FoC friends who would be interested in it know about it!
---
#7NhellaPosted 11/1/2012 10:47:05 PM(edited)
I'd be interested in joining and/or monitoring a match.

Perhaps someone could also record and post matches as well? That might take care of the whole honesty thing.

EDIT:
To add on the whole referee thing, may I also suggest making teams 5 v 5 and having one person on each team be a dedicate ref. Preferably, it could be, again, someone who can record the game. The ref would not be involved in the actual match and should be freely allowed to go anywhere to view the match.

Just a thought.
---
I'm The N-Hella, and I approve of this message.
#8eclipsetzPosted 11/2/2012 5:25:45 AM
I would not mind helping and participating, I can record matches too.
---
http://livinglegacy.enjin.com/ PSN: eclipsXe
http://www.youtube.com/user/eclipsXe
#9OrdinaryJon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2012 8:12:05 AM
Nhella posted...
I'd be interested in joining and/or monitoring a match.

Perhaps someone could also record and post matches as well? That might take care of the whole honesty thing.

EDIT:
To add on the whole referee thing, may I also suggest making teams 5 v 5 and having one person on each team be a dedicate ref. Preferably, it could be, again, someone who can record the game. The ref would not be involved in the actual match and should be freely allowed to go anywhere to view the match.

Just a thought.

Great idea, problem is not many people can record matches i think. Also with there being two "refs" in the game I can guarantee that people will kill them by accident if they are too close to the action trying to record it. The other problem is even finding people willing to be a "ref" on each side.

If you guys didn't already know, I record some good matches on my youtube channel and I really think recording every match would be awesome from a spectator view. The possible solution here would be to make teams 3v3 with one character reserved for the ref/recording of the match. EX: one of each class except infiltrator or scientist as they are the quickest to get around and if everyone knows that this class isn't in the match they shouldn't kill me too often lol. Problem with this is that many people may want to play as the scientist or infiltrator on a team. I'm thinking scientist will be more missed (healer for a team possibly) The plus side is that if it's 3v3, there will be more teams and it'll be more competitive. I don't know, lets here from some more people !
---
#10TheBlackRequiemPosted 11/2/2012 11:48:47 AM
The PBR + Gear Shredder + Sentry Turret Scientists are so annoying. >_> (ESPECIALLY the ones who ALWAYS have to have revenge.)

I think you should make it a rule so that a Scientist has to use at least one support weapon/ability. (Orbital Pistol, Heal Beam, etc.)
---