Gear shredder is still OP IMO

#1PootbirdPosted 4/28/2013 8:05:02 AM
And anyone who disagrees obviously spams the weapon like their life depends on it.
---
PSN: Goldengeartwo. Steam account: Galvatron
I am the pootbird, Pootbird is deadly, now you know why you shouldn't talk to me like that.
#2E5Double0Posted 4/28/2013 8:20:16 AM
I respectfully disagree with you Pootbird. And that is my least used weapon in this game. In fact, I was just about to start a new thread to ask people for tips on how to best use that over-popular noob weapon (no offense to people who genuinely love the weapon and are good with it, it's just that noobs are naturally attracted to it by default).

I don't know what it is but I just have a harder time using that weapon effectively than I do with the other three weapons for the Scientist. I'll try to kill someone with it at first but usually end up switching back to my primary weapon to do the job. Any tips... MG... anyone?
#3Polo5lash18Posted 4/28/2013 10:18:46 AM
E5Double0 posted...
I respectfully disagree with you Pootbird. And that is my least used weapon in this game. In fact, I was just about to start a new thread to ask people for tips on how to best use that over-popular noob weapon (no offense to people who genuinely love the weapon and are good with it, it's just that noobs are naturally attracted to it by default).

I don't know what it is but I just have a harder time using that weapon effectively than I do with the other three weapons for the Scientist. I'll try to kill someone with it at first but usually end up switching back to my primary weapon to do the job. Any tips... MG... anyone?

Try to hit the enemy without bouncing the gear, 3 hits = dead if you hit on the torso.

Use it as a close range weapon like we use the harvester if you're not very good using it from distance: shoot, melee, shoot, meele.

Its a little OP indeed...
---
PSN: Poloslash18/Joff814.
#4X666akatsukiPosted 4/28/2013 10:49:52 AM
I enjoy using the Gear shredder when you have an enemy hiding round the corner who refuses to come out so I aim the thing to either flush them out or kill them. Also when I'm running low on health it's a wonderful weapon when someone has you against the wall and you know your other weapons won't save you from that sticky situation. And I get caught in corners a lot XD

I'm still a noob player so it's a helpful weapon to build up confidence for close quarters fighting and steadily gain some experience points, then once I'm happy I move onto the other weapons and try to refine my aim, but I still can't hit enemies who stand still. It's a curse!

I don't really have much to complain about when it comes to any weapons whether they are being used by me or against me, it's just another challenge to over come and to get used to.
#5Pootbird(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 2:12:18 PM
X666akatsuki posted...
I enjoy using the Gear shredder when you have an enemy hiding round the corner who refuses to come out so I aim the thing to either flush them out or kill them. Also when I'm running low on health it's a wonderful weapon when someone has you against the wall and you know your other weapons won't save you from that sticky situation. And I get caught in corners a lot XD

I'm still a noob player so it's a helpful weapon to build up confidence for close quarters fighting and steadily gain some experience points, then once I'm happy I move onto the other weapons and try to refine my aim, but I still can't hit enemies who stand still. It's a curse!

I don't really have much to complain about when it comes to any weapons whether they are being used by me or against me, it's just another challenge to over come and to get used to.

If you over-rely on it then when you eventually try other weapons your just gonna switch back to the gear shredder because its in your comfort zone.
---
PSN: Goldengeartwo. Steam account: Galvatron
I am the pootbird, Pootbird is deadly, now you know why you shouldn't talk to me like that.
#6cadabarawiracanPosted 4/28/2013 3:07:32 PM
Definitely overpowered, but what annoys me most is that it is often in the hands of players who spend the entire game hiding in corners waiting for an opportunity to shoot you in the back. We all have opportunities to shoot opponents in the back, but players who only play that way for the entire game really annoy me, and if they have the GS, I am doubly annoyed.
---
PSN:- AKITAS_BRAVE
#7Mr75GreenPosted 4/28/2013 4:00:43 PM
E5Double0 posted...

It's all in the timing and aim. Sometimes you have to lead your shots to account for the enemy's movement. While a charged GS can be a OHK at close range, if you notice, I rarely ever use it charged. If you happen to miss your shot, your stuck trying to reload while your opponent is already rushing you. Besides, anything mid-range and beyond, charging is useless. Your better off using 3 well aimed consecutive shots, especially when combined w/your sentry. Later we'll make a lobby and mess around.
---
WFC Escalation King
#8E5Double0Posted 4/28/2013 7:32:55 PM
^^^ Sounds good.
#9CubBoltPenPosted 4/28/2013 8:39:47 PM
GS + rust sentry. I don't encourage the practice, but it is effective.
When I used the GS it was as the opening salvo and then I would switch over to the NAR to finish the fight. Now I just use the OP the same way. I haven't had a reason to go back.
#10UNCANNY_XBENPosted 4/28/2013 10:03:22 PM
It's a good distraction if you are a medic. When I play medical the team comes first over my kills and deaths. If you can fire some disks of death to get the heat off a team mate it's all good.