I think this game is in its death throes

#1cadabarawiracanPosted 5/16/2013 3:33:07 PM
We are all aware that HMS have other things on their minds nowadays, but the quality of gameplay is becoming so bad as to be almost a waste of time. I had an entire day yesterday struggling against lag, guns that wouldn't fire, vehicle weapons that disappeared, falling through the scenery and so on. You have all experienced this I am sure. I also seem to lose my connection on most host migrations lately. This is only going to get worse I am sure, and I doubt any contact with HMS is going to bring about improvements.
Not much we can do about it I suppose, but it was fun while it lasted.
---
PSN:- AKITAS_BRAVE
#2R3DAL3RT813Posted 5/16/2013 3:39:56 PM
I generally only encounter one or two laggy, glitchy matches in a day, so maybe it's something on your end. But it's far from ruined. If you want to see what a game's death throes look like, go try playing WFC.
---
PSN: BadPrime31
#3X666akatsukiPosted 5/16/2013 3:40:00 PM
It would be great if another company could literally buy FoC and WfC from High Moon in order to run the simple things like repairs and patches, but I can only dream. If I ever catch anyone from High Moon Studies at any of my conventions then they will get an ear full from me, that's for sure.
#4BiggaberthaPosted 5/16/2013 5:55:45 PM
I agree, it's a real shame. The main reason I stopped playing was just how hard it is to kill some players and my own discouragement from not being able to get the Heavy Metal War trophy. As lame as it sounds, at the time, it really didn't seem like it'd be possible fo rme to get it just because of all the host migrations, TDM being pretty much just 3 on 2 or 6 on 1 (and me being that 1...). Nice challenge, sure but still, it was very soul destroying at the time.

I always keep up with the game from time to time though and I really like reading up on everyone's escapades as well as improvements but yeah, it seems really hard to play in random match-ups. Maybe it's time we grouped together in private matches..? But it's not quite the same...
#5R3DAL3RT813Posted 5/16/2013 6:23:06 PM
X666akatsuki posted...
It would be great if another company could literally buy FoC and WfC from High Moon in order to run the simple things like repairs and patches, but I can only dream. If I ever catch anyone from High Moon Studies at any of my conventions then they will get an ear full from me, that's for sure.

If only repairs and patches WERE simple. But WFC was hard to patch and had poor coding, a bad combination. I'm not sure any company would want a glitchy, nearly three year-old mess.

FoC...maybe, but still, I'd be a bit more hesitant to hand over the keys. We could go back to more awful crap like the Bay movie games.
---
#6X666akatsukiPosted 5/17/2013 1:44:23 AM
*Sigh* We can still dream anyway... I will never go near the Bayverse games anymore, I tried one online match for Dark of the Moon and people felt sorry enough towards my poor jet to just leave me alone, my gameplay was that bad XD
#7dalsdPosted 5/20/2013 7:05:54 AM
X666akatsuki posted...
It would be great if another company could literally buy FoC and WfC from High Moon in order to run the simple things like repairs and patches...

That's an interesting business idea. I'll bet that it could be made lucrative.
#8Dirk_McHardpeckPosted 5/27/2013 11:51:02 PM
I don't see that guns that wouldn't fire, vehicle weapons that disappeared, falling through the scenery and so on have anything to do with the age of the game. Those behaviours wouldn't be influenced by the day to day up-keep or lack thereof.
#9BADPRiME31Posted 5/28/2013 8:54:14 AM
Dirk_McHardpeck posted...
I don't see that guns that wouldn't fire, vehicle weapons that disappeared, falling through the scenery and so on have anything to do with the age of the game. Those behaviours wouldn't be influenced by the day to day up-keep or lack thereof.

This. People need to stop blaming Activision/HMS on issues caused by third-world ISPs. Not to imply that I like either company, but it's getting annoying seeing those topics pop up constantly.
---
"Hey guys, Yuggle her" - YUGGLE213