The map is rotting?

#1X666akatsukiPosted 6/13/2013 8:02:09 AM
Is it just me or is there a part on the Bowels map that is literally rotting away? It's a patch of ground that seems to act like it is sticky and if you aren't fast enough it just eats you and you get stuck in the ground until someone comes along with either the CRC or the CSC to kill you and get you out.

I noticed this a few days ago when an Infiltrator was having a squabble with me at base C in Conquest in Bowels and the second he transformed his vehicle acted strange then got swallowed up into the floor. I could see him through the grating and he did not look happy. I could have just left him there but I spared him and used the CRC on him since the Riot Cannon wasn't working at all on him. Then today when I was trying out the NCR with my Infiltrator in TDM I drove over the same patch of ground, it slowed me down and the rear end of my vehicle began to sink. I just managed to escape by jumping and transforming, and the same thing happened a few times in that match, yet it had no affect when walking over it in robot mode.

I'm not sure if the problem affects anyone else or any other classes since so far it has only acted as an infiltrator trap.

If people don't know the area I'm talking about then feel free to catch me next time I'm online and I'll show you where it is exactly.
#2YUGGLE123Posted 6/13/2013 8:12:21 AM
Hmmmm, interesting, I'll have to check it out
---
Yuggle- 17 Badprime - 6. Ass whooping Mr. Big Mouth at its finest.
#3Psycho_KoalaPosted 6/13/2013 10:13:40 AM
You are 100% right. I have that problem all the time when i drove over that spot for weeks/months i hated it. Its not just me going through that.
---
PSN: Psychokoala. "The Glitcher Bounty Hunter."
#4Daniel_R_CPosted 6/13/2013 11:03:06 AM
It's a map trap! Like the ones in GOW ascension!
---
PSN: Daniel_R_C
PSN: Superiorwave (For Fall of Cybertron only)
#5E5Double0Posted 6/13/2013 11:42:03 AM
Yeah what you are talking about is a map bug. It only affects the wheeled vehicle mode of the infiltrators and destroyers while boosting over that patch of ground. However, you can hover over it just fine as a hover-car/truck without getting stuck. That would also explain why titans and scientists aren't affected by this map glitch since they don't have wheels.
#6X666akatsuki(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2013 1:33:18 PM
I'll have to see if there are other patches like this lying around, then get my red tape out and mark them as danger spots.