The significance of the Engergon Recharger

#1rumblefactoryPosted 7/7/2013 12:30:53 PM
How important is the Energon Recharger to your game? I hear some complain about it being used as a crutch but does anybody pass it up if you come across it? I've been amazed at how consistently some players are at always having the recharger throughout a game and I've come to the conclusion that monitoring the clock may be the secret to getting it. The recharger reappears after 1 minute. Because of its speed, the scientist class would have the easiest time returning to location of the energon recharger repeatedly, every minute.
---
PSN: Ti-6AL-4V
#2TerraponPosted 7/7/2013 5:32:24 PM
Usually scientists will have it. (And even more so go for it.) In my opinion its one of 2 things that shouldn't exist in the game... It usually allows for you to fight 2-3 people easily.
---
xENDERgotGAMEx (PSN)
#3beloved_slackerPosted 7/7/2013 5:39:03 PM
Well I actually don't use items that often. I only grab an item if it's on the way to an objective.

The main reason I don't use them that often is that I've found they tend to be more of a distraction for me. While in the middle of a fight if I use the recharger I've found that I get killed more often than not. So if I do grab the recharger i'll only use it between fights to refill my health.
---
PSN: techno234
#4Jkg1610Posted 7/7/2013 8:13:00 PM
It hate it and rarely use it for the reason that i dont want anybody having an excuse for dying by me.
But this recharger thing is better than a overshield. And i pass it up when im against noobs, but i tell one of my teamates its there most of the time so that they can get it.
---
psn Jkg1610
#5sephiroth068Posted 7/14/2013 1:10:20 AM
most of the time I tend to get it and use it immediately as an emergency healing since I almost always come across it when low on health....however im not going to pass it up whenever i see it at full health simply because I am at full health at the moment...i will grab it and I will use it if the situation deems it necessary, which to some people might seem noobish but I call it smart
---
Chapter 7, that's all you need to say to a Valkyria fan, they'll know what you mean-Celestial Damnation (see quote)
#6YUGGLE123Posted 7/14/2013 7:02:04 AM
I also personally think it should be taken out of the game. I myself will pick it up whenever I see it, unless I am on my way to capture a node( although most of the maps the recharger is on the way anyway) however, the main reason I take itc, is so people don't use it against me. The fact that a destroyer can just run into like 4 people and splash damage everywhere, because when he hurts himself it will just come back, is ridiculous, as well as the fact an infiltrator could use it and take down. 2 or 3 enemies. It makes the game unfair. Personally, I think it should have been removed from the game, replaced, or kept as a killstreak, so you earn it, not just speed to it at the start of a game. And on that note, and can't believe this game doesn't have killstreak rewards :(
---
Yuggle- 17 Badprime - 6. Ass whooping Mr. Big Mouth at its finest.
#7GEARS1984Posted 7/14/2013 7:56:39 AM
It's, my,... precious.

gollum, gollum!
#8ElDiabloshadowPosted 7/14/2013 9:52:21 AM
GEARS1984 posted...
It's, my,... precious.

gollum, gollum!

*hands cup of water* Sounds like you need to clear your throat.
---
PSN - Diabloshadow
#9AKITAS_BRAVEPosted 7/14/2013 6:31:16 PM
Actually I think Gears' affection for the Energon Recharger rivals that of Gollum's for The Ring. I think he would fight harder to keep it. Would probably make love to it if he could.
---
PSNID :- AKITAS_BRAVE
#10ElDiabloshadowPosted 7/14/2013 11:27:51 PM
AKITAS_BRAVE posted...
Actually I think Gears' affection for the Energon Recharger rivals that of Gollum's for The Ring. I think he would fight harder to keep it. Would probably make love to it if he could.

I've already heard him call it many things, but now every time he uses is I will imagine him... making love to it! DX Ewie! All those poor bots getting his love juice all over them as they die!

Too much?
---
PSN - Diabloshadow