Titan training

#1X666akatsukiPosted 7/21/2013 6:31:11 AM
Yeah... I need help with handling the Titan class. I'm truly miserable handling the Titan, when I play it's pretty much a case that if you stand still I still probably couldn't hit you, I'm that bad XD

I've been using it a little more for the past couple days with only one good match where I struck it lucky and had a ninja tank in Spire during a TDM and I used the Energon Harvester for the first time so I managed to score 21K and 1D, can't remember the assists though.

So any hits and tips or training would be great as I would like to be a little bit better with the Titan class. That would just leave me to try and up my skills with the Infiltrator afterwards. I'm not having too many problems with the Scientist and Destroyer I'm having a holiday from since I got bored with it.

Also I've noticed the Warhead clan playing a lot of Conquest recently, yay! I wondered where they had gone.
#2numpteezPosted 7/21/2013 6:35:03 AM
X666akatsuki posted...
Yeah... I need help with handling the Titan class. I'm truly miserable handling the Titan, when I play it's pretty much a case that if you stand still I still probably couldn't hit you, I'm that bad XD

I've been using it a little more for the past couple days with only one good match where I struck it lucky and had a ninja tank in Spire during a TDM and I used the Energon Harvester for the first time so I managed to score 21K and 1D, can't remember the assists though.

So any hits and tips or training would be great as I would like to be a little bit better with the Titan class. That would just leave me to try and up my skills with the Infiltrator afterwards. I'm not having too many problems with the Scientist and Destroyer I'm having a holiday from since I got bored with it.

Also I've noticed the Warhead clan playing a lot of Conquest recently, yay! I wondered where they had gone.

I will gladly help you with the titan, it's my best class and if you need any tips just message me, I have been training ILH_FearMe for a while and Yuggle with the flak shield, so I have plenty to tell :)
---
"Some repairs sure would be nice!"
PSN: numpteez
#3X666akatsuki(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2013 6:40:24 AM
numpteez posted...
I will gladly help you with the titan, it's my best class and if you need any tips just message me, I have been training ILH_FearMe for a while and Yuggle with the flak shield, so I have plenty to tell :)

That would be great, thanks :)
#4E5Double0Posted 7/21/2013 10:23:02 AM
From my personal experience playing with you as both ally and enemy, I've mainly seen you use Scientist. With the Titan your playstyle will have to be the complete opposite of what you are used to doing.

While the Scientist was all about speed, finesse, and ranged fighting, the Titan is all about raw damage and high defense. Never run away from a fight cause you will surely die. Stay out of open areas or you'll be rifle fodder. If you are having a hard time hitting your target it means that you aren't close enough to your target. Get up in their face, your 500 health means that you have the advantage in a pure melee brawl.

Your abilities will help you demand your personal space, so use them wisely. While whirlwinding a little scout who has his back turned to you might seem tempting, you might regret it when you turn the corner and find yourself facing a destroyer and titan. Then you might wish you had saved that ability to light your darkest hour. The shield will protect you from all ranges and can bash away encroaching enemies, even other whirlwinding titans!
#5ElDiabloshadowPosted 7/21/2013 10:38:16 AM
If no one else is on I can show you a thing or two as well. :3
---
PSN - Diabloshadow
#6numpteezPosted 7/21/2013 10:54:26 AM
nothing to do with this topic, but I found this quite interesting earlier. I was playing TDM in tempest, using the titan (which is to do with this topic after all XD) and I was doing pretty well because I was up against new players levels 0-20. But, what was weird was this infiltrator. He was using the nucleon charge rifle but he was only a level 9 infiltrator. if memory serves you have to be level 15 or above to unlock this weapon, right? well he was definitely level 9. and he was using it well as if he'd been using it a long time. couldn't tell what perks he had equipped but he shouldn't have had it in the first place... any idea how? maybe just another hacker.
back to the topic... in this TDM I used the slime cannon and techvolt because I was up against 3 snipers and 2 scientists. I called this titan "sniper buster" because I think it's the best setup for killing people who run away. slow them down then use techvolt with beam range perk, I always had them on the run which is what I wanted :)
---
"Some repairs sure would be nice!"
PSN: numpteez
#7adogsghostPosted 7/21/2013 11:08:34 AM
I can help if you're using the flak shield I'm pretty good with titan
---
Psn: adog1334ghost
#8IrontheHedgehogPosted 7/21/2013 11:17:19 AM
I'll help but I use a sorta cheap setup CSC with EH. And whirlwind I'm not very good with Techvolt.
---
PSN: IrontheHedgehog
FoC CTF Destroyer Class: "Til' all are one.." Optimus Prime
#9X666akatsuki(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2013 4:42:00 PM
Thanks guys for the tips and also for offering training :)

I'll probably still use the Scientist like there's no tomorrow for Conquest but that's because I'm desperately trying to claw my way up the leaderboard rankings and I've found the Scientist best for that. Plus I need the turret because I have a habit of getting a match where nobody helps me so I'm always on my own and I'm an impatient person.

But yeah, I would love to get the hang of the Titan class so feel free to give me a poke and if I'm not completely engrossed in a match already then hopefully I'll join and force myself to use the Titan until I get it running smooth.

Thanks again :)
#10X666akatsuki(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2013 8:45:09 PM
numpteez posted...
nothing to do with this topic, but I found this quite interesting earlier. I was playing TDM in tempest, using the titan (which is to do with this topic after all XD) and I was doing pretty well because I was up against new players levels 0-20. But, what was weird was this infiltrator. He was using the nucleon charge rifle but he was only a level 9 infiltrator. if memory serves you have to be level 15 or above to unlock this weapon, right? well he was definitely level 9. and he was using it well as if he'd been using it a long time. couldn't tell what perks he had equipped but he shouldn't have had it in the first place... any idea how? maybe just another hacker.
back to the topic... in this TDM I used the slime cannon and techvolt because I was up against 3 snipers and 2 scientists. I called this titan "sniper buster" because I think it's the best setup for killing people who run away. slow them down then use techvolt with beam range perk, I always had them on the run which is what I wanted :)

I think there's been an odd glitch affecting some people where they can access things earlier than intended. I've seen a lot of Infiltrators below level 15 with the NCR recently, but back when I had a level 7 Destroyer I had accessed to the Hover ability Divebomb (is that the name? Can't remember) which is the last ability to unlock for the Hover Slam. I think it's a simple glitch.