Titan training

#11Psycho_KoalaPosted 7/21/2013 9:30:52 PM
numpteez posted...
nothing to do with this topic, but I found this quite interesting earlier. I was playing TDM in tempest, using the titan (which is to do with this topic after all XD) and I was doing pretty well because I was up against new players levels 0-20. But, what was weird was this infiltrator. He was using the nucleon charge rifle but he was only a level 9 infiltrator. if memory serves you have to be level 15 or above to unlock this weapon, right? well he was definitely level 9. and he was using it well as if he'd been using it a long time. couldn't tell what perks he had equipped but he shouldn't have had it in the first place... any idea how? maybe just another hacker.
back to the topic... in this TDM I used the slime cannon and techvolt because I was up against 3 snipers and 2 scientists. I called this titan "sniper buster" because I think it's the best setup for killing people who run away. slow them down then use techvolt with beam range perk, I always had them on the run which is what I wanted :)

Sniper buster eh? That...really intruiges me to test that claim..
---
PSN: Psychokoala. "The Glitcher Bounty Hunter."
#12numpteezPosted 7/22/2013 1:59:30 AM
Psycho_Koala posted...
numpteez posted...
nothing to do with this topic, but I found this quite interesting earlier. I was playing TDM in tempest, using the titan (which is to do with this topic after all XD) and I was doing pretty well because I was up against new players levels 0-20. But, what was weird was this infiltrator. He was using the nucleon charge rifle but he was only a level 9 infiltrator. if memory serves you have to be level 15 or above to unlock this weapon, right? well he was definitely level 9. and he was using it well as if he'd been using it a long time. couldn't tell what perks he had equipped but he shouldn't have had it in the first place... any idea how? maybe just another hacker.
back to the topic... in this TDM I used the slime cannon and techvolt because I was up against 3 snipers and 2 scientists. I called this titan "sniper buster" because I think it's the best setup for killing people who run away. slow them down then use techvolt with beam range perk, I always had them on the run which is what I wanted :)

Sniper buster eh? That...really intruiges me to test that claim..

yeah from personal experience this setup takes down snipers better than any other. I forgot to mention I used the flak shield w/ brute force too so they couldn't snipe me from a distance and I was able to get close enough. But, they were new players, so against the best snipers like yourself, it would be less effective, then again for some reason I have never me you before koala...that is odd...
---
"Some repairs sure would be nice!"
PSN: numpteez
#13Psycho_KoalaPosted 7/22/2013 10:43:33 AM
Well maybe one day we will meet. I see very few with a anti sniper build. As far as flak shiel goes i purposely shoot flak shields with a full charge shot to get rid of it then go for the kill.
Ever since i started building a rep for close range sniping alot of lowbies are using them now. Even my peers
---
PSN: Psychokoala. "The Glitcher Bounty Hunter."
#14zachandrew22Posted 7/23/2013 1:20:01 PM
while piloting a titan never hesitate back of or retreat you go down you go down swinging a titan is made to only go forward and be a brawler just thank your invincible and jump of in to a wave of enemies and most the time you will come up on top that's been my experience
---
the brawler from conquest
#15Polo5lash18Posted 7/23/2013 1:43:44 PM
^ pretty much. But if you want to reduce the casualties you need to play smart, if you need to escape just slime your enemy and go, even if a teammate gets you. If you don't have the slime cannon, you can throw the scrap maker at him/her and run.. Or better yet, transform into a tank, shoot at the floor with the tank cannon and dissapear like a ninja with the smoke of the impact.
---
PSN: Poloslash18. YOU GAT DA TOUCH!
#16X666akatsuki(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 2:10:05 PM
zachandrew22 posted...
while piloting a titan never hesitate back of or retreat you go down you go down swinging a titan is made to only go forward and be a brawler just thank your invincible and jump of in to a wave of enemies and most the time you will come up on top that's been my experience

I'll try to remember that, it's one of the main things I have trouble with where I tend to retreat when I get spooked or panicked and get put down very quickly by my attacker. I'll need to get out my Scientist way of thinking.
#17numpteezPosted 7/23/2013 3:29:55 PM
yup titans are made to brawl alright, if you show a hint that you are retreating those infiltrators and scientists will pursue you to the death lol. But I like to confuse enemies. If they hear my titan cry lol, something like "how'd my juice get this low!?" then they will chase me and think I'm an easy kill, until they round the corner or jump over my crate and there's a flash of blue (the energon harvester) and suddenly I'm back up fighting on 500 health and they're the ones running, so I slime them. But I only do this if my whirlwind is recharging, mostly I rush into people or use whirlwind to close the gap and unleash the harvester. that's the thing about the x18 scrapmaker- you can only walk slowly with it or roll. with the slime cannon you have a pretty fast foot speed so you are a more difficult target. We will have to party up sometime x666 :)
---
"Some repairs sure would be nice!"
PSN: numpteez
#18AKITAS_BRAVEPosted 7/23/2013 3:47:45 PM
I am no Titan expert, and I find their tissue paper armour too frustrating, so I don't play it much but the best advice I have heard is to Keep Moving. Too many Titans walk around as if they are invincible, and get taken down by a scientist with a NAR or Infiltrator with a Scatter Blaster.
The Titan is slower than the other classes, but when you see a good player running, jumping and rolling their Titan, you start to understand they can be an elusive target too.
---
PSNID :- AKITAS_BRAVE
#19X666akatsuki(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 3:48:59 PM
numpteez posted...
yup titans are made to brawl alright, if you show a hint that you are retreating those infiltrators and scientists will pursue you to the death lol. But I like to confuse enemies. If they hear my titan cry lol, something like "how'd my juice get this low!?" then they will chase me and think I'm an easy kill, until they round the corner or jump over my crate and there's a flash of blue (the energon harvester) and suddenly I'm back up fighting on 500 health and they're the ones running, so I slime them. But I only do this if my whirlwind is recharging, mostly I rush into people or use whirlwind to close the gap and unleash the harvester. that's the thing about the x18 scrapmaker- you can only walk slowly with it or roll. with the slime cannon you have a pretty fast foot speed so you are a more difficult target. We will have to party up sometime x666 :)

I'm guessing I'm one of the few Scientists who leaves people to just run from me then (unless I'm in a bad mood) XD I'm too soft I guess.

Yes, I'll try to get on tomorrow and if you're on we can hopefully team up for a little bit. Today just tumbled away from me since I was busy chasing cats around in the garden all day.
#20ElDiabloshadowPosted 7/23/2013 7:01:23 PM
X666akatsuki posted...
numpteez posted...

I'm guessing I'm one of the few Scientists who leaves people to just run from me then (unless I'm in a bad mood) XD I'm too soft I guess.

Yes, I'll try to get on tomorrow and if you're on we can hopefully team up for a little bit. Today just tumbled away from me since I was busy chasing cats around in the garden all day.

Please explain your cat-astrophe? LOL
---
PSN - Diabloshadow