PS3 Controllers

#1Mdutcher1Posted 9/12/2013 7:44:39 AM
Hello,

I need to get a new controller and was wondering what others who play FOC use.

If its just the standard PS3 one, that's fine but recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks,
Mdutcher1
#2Mdutcher1(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 8:19:45 AM
Oh, and just to be clear: I am not going to get a modified or modded controller. It's not my thing, I only own 2 games and I am not sure how I feel about the ethics of that type of controller. My interest In Getting feedback is finding a controller where I don't transform in the middle of a battle because I looked at the L3 button lol
#3ILH_FearMePosted 9/12/2013 8:28:09 AM
I use a regular controller but I'd greatly recommend a scuf controller
---
When you win say nothing, when you lose say less.
PSN: Brutal_Sloth
#4ClunkerSlimPosted 9/12/2013 9:19:44 AM
I hate the L3 button.
I tried to change the controls in the settings menu but the options they give you look even worse.
#5Daniel_R_CPosted 9/12/2013 11:46:48 AM
I hate the L3 button and the Home button. I accidentaly press both in the heat of battle, its so annoying.
And i don't even know how i accidentally press the Home button, it has only happened like 3 times, but its the most annoying thing in the world. Worst than accidentally transforming.
---
PSN: Daniel_R_C
PSN: Superiorwave (For Fall of Cybertron only)
#6Mdutcher1(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 11:55:13 AM
Clunker and Daniel: I thought I was the only one. Who ever I am fighting has be saying, "What's this guy trying to do, run away?" lol!
#7Polo5lash18Posted 9/12/2013 12:08:02 PM
Ehm...
You can incorporate your vehicle form in your combat. When you run out of bullets in your clip, instead of just reloading, you can transform, jump back and shoot. Then transform again and you will have your ammo restored.

Repeat...?????... Profit!!!
---
PSN: Poloslash18. YOU GAT DA TOUCH!
#8ClunkerSlimPosted 9/12/2013 12:31:09 PM
Polo5lash18 posted...
Ehm...
You can incorporate your vehicle form in your combat. When you run out of bullets in your clip, instead of just reloading, you can transform, jump back and shoot. Then transform again and you will have your ammo restored.

Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. There's a long pause in between all that where the other guy is still firing and punching. Usually when I do it I try to get one good hit in with the vehicle weapon before I go back to robot.
#9Polo5lash18Posted 9/12/2013 12:45:55 PM
ClunkerSlim posted...
Polo5lash18 posted...
Ehm...

Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. There's a long pause in between all that where the other guy is still firing and punching. Usually when I do it I try to get one good hit in with the vehicle weapon before I go back to robot.

Then you are doing something wrong. That tactic is when facing multiple enemies (destroyer, titan).

Facing 2 enemies for example: you kill one with your robot weapons while damaging the other one with the splash damage, then transform, jump like a bonnie and kill the second one. It only won't work when you are facing 4+ well separated enemies. If you are good enough, you will be able to take 1 or 2 before you die.
---
PSN: Poloslash18. YOU GAT DA TOUCH!
#10ClunkerSlimPosted 9/12/2013 1:01:22 PM
Polo, we were talking about random L3 presses. Not planned tactics.