I'm not convinced reaper is the best perk.

#1ClunkerSlimPosted 11/12/2013 12:16:58 PM
First, Reaper gives you extra health back but does it actually deal more damage to the enemy? I'm not sure it does but others swear to it. I've never tested the harvester in private so I don't know.

I swear I've seen Numpz using R-infinity or whatever it's called and dealing major damage. I'm starting to doubt that he uses reaper.

What exactly are the harvester stats?
How much more health is reaper giving out?
#2PootbirdPosted 11/12/2013 12:36:27 PM
I don't think it does, I think it's just returns more health to you.
---
The official POOTIS of Gamefaqs.
"Did I ask for your help? No. So what makes you think I WANT IT?"- Galvatron, G1.
#3numpteezPosted 11/12/2013 3:54:17 PM
You will have seen me use every perk for every weapon except the gear shredder and chaos-rift combustor at some point. Those 2 are the only weapons I no longer use. Yes, I use the r-infinity and reaper and ion cartridge. It depends who I'm against and what map. Reaper is very powerful, dealing 275 damage at close range but against scientists on maps like Bowels I use r-infinity. However I would probably go with the reaper as my favourite, it cancels out the chaos-rift and I always seem to survive longer.
---
numpboiyugstarteezgle66wars
PSN: numpteez
#4Thunderbolt_777Posted 11/12/2013 10:00:28 PM
numpteez posted...
You will have seen me use every perk for every weapon except the gear shredder and chaos-rift combustor at some point. Those 2 are the only weapons I no longer use. Yes, I use the r-infinity and reaper and ion cartridge. It depends who I'm against and what map. Reaper is very powerful, dealing 275 damage at close range but against scientists on maps like Bowels I use r-infinity. However I would probably go with the reaper as my favourite, it cancels out the chaos-rift and I always seem to survive longer.

I think this post just came on the very right time and the very right place. Thank you guys and thank you numpteez.

Recently I have been trying to play with Energon Harvester (for Titan I use CSC and X18 most of the time) but I seem to be very weak at using the Harvester (I use reaper perk).

I launch 2-3 shots to infiltrator and still no Kill!!!!! Today I hit a Titan with a Tank Cannon then hit him twice with Harvester and still NOT dead??!!!!!!! WTF!!!

I have seen numpteez and other make impressive kills with it. So what the hell is wrong with me and the Harvester?? am I not getting close enough to the target or what?!!!!!!
---
"Play hard or not at all"
#5PootbirdPosted 11/13/2013 3:31:15 PM
Thunderbolt_777 posted...
numpteez posted...

I think this post just came on the very right time and the very right place. Thank you guys and thank you numpteez.

Recently I have been trying to play with Energon Harvester (for Titan I use CSC and X18 most of the time) but I seem to be very weak at using the Harvester (I use reaper perk).

I launch 2-3 shots to infiltrator and still no Kill!!!!! Today I hit a Titan with a Tank Cannon then hit him twice with Harvester and still NOT dead??!!!!!!! WTF!!!

I have seen numpteez and other make impressive kills with it. So what the hell is wrong with me and the Harvester?? am I not getting close enough to the target or what?!!!!!!

The strength of the harvester comes with it returning health to you, not the damage it deals.
My usual tatic is to fire a cannon tank at them (sometimes I miss, other times I hit), splash them with the corrosive slime cannon, then go straight into their face and whallop them, using the harvester when I need to keep my health up since melee is rather slow.
---
The official POOTIS of Gamefaqs.
"Did I ask for your help? No. So what makes you think I WANT IT?"- Galvatron, G1.
#6ClunkerSlim(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2013 5:46:35 PM
The strength of the harvester comes with it returning health to you, not the damage it deals.

Wouldn't you get more health back with ion cartridge though?
You'd have to hit the guy an extra time but still.
I thought Numpz would have posted all the numbers on this already.
Maybe he doesn't want to share tips for his bread and butter weapon?
#7numpteezPosted 11/14/2013 12:18:27 AM
Clunker why are you saying these things? I have already posted details. Look above. The harvester deals 275 damage with the reaper at close range if on target. This weapon isn't my "bread and butter" because the titan isn't my best class. I have no best class. I have no worst class. People associate me as a titan too often now and it's getting a bit tiring.
---
Accuracy > firepower
#8numpteezPosted 11/14/2013 12:28:17 AM
I don't know all the details about the harvester. I have never bothered to go into a private game and test everything with a friend. I know the weapon damages because it's easy to calculate them and when hit by them you can clearly see how much damage they do. I can fight without the harvester. I help my friends improve as much as possible, train them in a 1v1 and tell them my strategies. I'm not reluctant to share my thoughts. Look at the thread named "FoC tips and tricks".
---
Accuracy > firepower
#9Daneki85Posted 11/14/2013 3:48:04 AM
I use ion cartidge myself. I don't know damage numbers or anything, but 5 shots compared to 3 is what, 70% extra? So unless the increase reaper does is equal to that, surely that makes ion carriage the better choice?
---
If I told you I'm good, you'd probably think I was boasting. But if I told you I'm bad, you'd know I'm lying.
PSN - Daneki85
#10Elite_MegatronPosted 11/16/2013 12:34:28 AM
Reaper deals the same amount of damage as any other energon harvester perk... The difference being is that it returns more health to the user per shot... So it keeps you alive longer... It's especially useful against the crc... Providing you get around the barrier without being ensnared... Use it wisely and your health goes forever... Coupled with flurry of blows whirlwind to hit the fast little guys and to get your Reaper harvester in the target zone range... Throw in some x18 for shooting jets out the sky and you have a balanced Reaper perk titan.
---
Elite Overlord Co-Leader Lord Megatron