Peon Fusion Mini-Guide

#1the voidPosted 10/25/2012 5:40:12 PM
The fusion mechanics were a bit confusing to me, so I'm posting all I've learned about it so far.

Bear in mind that the cost increases with each subsequent fusion. For most classes the next fusion is usually about double the cost of the previous fusion.

Benefits of Fusion
1. Skill inheritance.
The first peon will obtain skills known by the second peon. The only skills transferred are those that naturally belong to the second peon's class. The second peon loses all skills.

2. Base Stats.
The higher your stats of the first peon, the higher the base stats will be after fusion. If you are familiar with yellow bars in disgaea, this seems to work the same way. Repeated fusions at low level will lower the base stats back down to their original amounts.

3, Level Up %s.
A peon's base stats multiplied by the Level Up % for that stat is how much the peon gains per level. The first peon's %s can be increased up to match the second peon's %s. The amount gained is determined by the second peon's level.
1-99: +1
100-999: +5
1000-4999: +10
5000-8999: +20
9000-9998: +30
9999: +40

Classes With The Highest/Lowest Level Up %
HP: Master Paladin (93) / Newbie Witch (46)
SP: Dark Puppeteer (72) / Passionate Warrior (31)
ATK: Mystic Warrior (65) / Newbie Witch (28)
DEF: Master Paladin (62) / Newbie Witch (28)
INT: Dark Puppeteer (67) / Passionate Warrior (31)
MND: Master Clock (59) / Passionate Warrior (26)
AGI: Phantom King (70) / Passionate Warrior (28)
TEC: Shooting Star(65) / Passionate Warrior (33)

Fusion Example
Create a Newbie Witch, which has 28% atk on level up.
Create eight Mystic Warriors, which have 65% atk on level up.
Level all of the Mystic Warriors to level 100.
Fuse the Newbie Witch with seven of the warriors. Make sure the Newbie Witch is picked as the first peon, and choose Newbie Witch for her new class each time.
Now fuse the Newbie Witch and the last warrior, and pick Mystic Warrior for the new class.
You should now have a Mystic Warrior with 102% atk on level up.

You can continue this process by making another Newbie Witch, fusing your warrior with it repeatedly until it has 102%, then changing it to Mystic Warrior so that it has 139%.

Credits to the Japanese wiki at wikiwiki.jp/mugen_souls for most of this info.
If anyone has any corrections or additional info, maybe we can make this sticky-worthy. In particular I'd like to add the max fusion cost, and max level up %s. A chart for base stats would be great too.
---
void in your head, void between your ears, void everywhere
#2Sunny3oyPosted 10/25/2012 5:58:11 PM
the void posted...

Fusion Example
Create a Newbie Witch, which has 28% atk on level up.
Create eight Mystic Warriors, which have 65% atk on level up.
Level all of the Mystic Warriors to level 100.
Fuse the Newbie Witch with seven of the warriors. Make sure the Newbie Witch is picked as the first peon, and choose Newbie Witch for her new class each time.
Now fuse the Newbie Witch and the last warrior, and pick Mystic Warrior for the new class.
You should now have a Mystic Warrior with 102% atk on level up.

You can continue this process by making another Newbie Witch, fusing your warrior with it repeatedly until it has 102%, then changing it to Mystic Warrior so that it has 139%.

Pretty interesting, So the newbie witch gains 37% in attack then she turns into the mystic warrior with the 37% gain in attack resulting in 102%. Then the process continues.
Feels like Failure Fusion from Phantom Brave. So there is no way to do this for Story mode characters? Another question, do those stat up vaules ever disappear? They stay with the Peon no matter what? If that is true we can make a uber peon lol
#3the void(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2012 6:59:51 PM
Sunny3oy posted...
Pretty interesting, So the newbie witch gains 37% in attack then she turns into the mystic warrior with the 37% gain in attack resulting in 102%. Then the process continues.
Feels like Failure Fusion from Phantom Brave. So there is no way to do this for Story mode characters? Another question, do those stat up vaules ever disappear? They stay with the Peon no matter what? If that is true we can make a uber peon lol

The level up % gains are permanent. You can leap-frog generic peons to get a high %, then fuse story character + generic repeatedly to give the story character a high %.
---
#4Sunny3oyPosted 10/25/2012 7:01:59 PM
Ah I see, Thank you for the tip!
#5galiferPosted 10/25/2012 7:37:04 PM
Do innate skill inheritance work the same way? Since I used one peon to give my main the 25% hp upon level up, but then when I tried doing it again for my side characters the innate skill wouldn't transfer.
#6Sunny3oyPosted 10/25/2012 8:06:18 PM
galifer posted...
Do innate skill inheritance work the same way? Since I used one peon to give my main the 25% hp upon level up, but then when I tried doing it again for my side characters the innate skill wouldn't transfer.

It should work as long as the peon's job remains the same. Remember, Peons can only pass stuff they normally learn. Once you change the job, you have to change it back to allow it to pass innate skills. For example, Newbie Witch can learn Great magician Tome(Innate for 25% int growth). If you want to pass that innate, your peon's job must be newbie witch.
#7cornett7Posted 10/26/2012 1:16:19 PM
Thanks for this but any idea what JP wiki means by

Be stored in the character data is only an elevated number of minutes, this limit is 600.
---
Some people are like a Slinky... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
#8PhadinPosted 10/26/2012 1:22:57 PM
Sunny3oy posted...
galifer posted...

It should work as long as the peon's job remains the same. Remember, Peons can only pass stuff they normally learn. Once you change the job, you have to change it back to allow it to pass innate skills. For example, Newbie Witch can learn Great magician Tome(Innate for 25% int growth). If you want to pass that innate, your peon's job must be newbie witch.

Will you be able to pass on skills if your in a higher class or different gender? for example, if you have +25% HP per level skill (which is learned by the tier 1 male warrior) could you pass it on if you were the tier 4 male warrior or the tier 1 female warrior?
#9Sunny3oyPosted 10/26/2012 7:46:00 PM
Phadin posted...

Will you be able to pass on skills if your in a higher class or different gender? for example, if you have +25% HP per level skill (which is learned by the tier 1 male warrior) could you pass it on if you were the tier 4 male warrior or the tier 1 female warrior?

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. You MUST be the same job and tier for it to pass. This is the same for Skills.
#10the void(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2012 2:57:00 PM
cornett7 posted...
Thanks for this but any idea what JP wiki means by

Be stored in the character data is only an elevated number of minutes, this limit is 600.

I think that means that the level up bonus caps at +600%. It will be a while before I can verify that.
---