is devil may cry good?

#1chillipepper14Posted 11/22/2011 7:18:22 PM
ive always wanted to try this series but never got around to it
---
ppl who complain bout grammar clearly hav no lives
#2chillipepper14(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2011 7:30:28 PM
and one more thing, does this come with every game in the series or is it leaving out some?
---
#3Merc123Posted 11/22/2011 8:06:08 PM
Devil May Cry is a very good series for the most part. DMC1 was my second PS2 game, and i find the combat to be very fun, the characters and story to be interesting, and i like the whole atmosphere of the series.

DMC1 is a great game, kind of has a Resident Evil survial horror atmosphere, though a bit different as well, thats because it started development as a resident evil title. DMC3 lost that feel and went for a more over the top crazy feel but that one is my favorite of them

DMC2 was a mistep, its a decent action game but for a devil may cry title it was bad. The story wasnt good and Dante lost alot of what made his character interesting. It was decent but alot of people were dissapointed.

This HD collection comes with Devil May Cry 1, 2 and 3. The only one that does not come with it is DMC4, which is already on 360 and if you buy used can get it for less than 10 bucks. DMC4 was pretty good too.
---
"What doesn't kill you usually succeeds in a second attempt" - Mr. Krabs
#4CupONoodles69Posted 11/22/2011 10:52:12 PM
Yeah, it's an awesome series. 1 is the best, with perfect enemy, weapon, and level design. You'll never forget it.

3 has a fun combo system and a few great bosses, but is sloppy otherwise. The normal enemies are one of two things: punching bags (Hells, Abyss) or incredibly annoying and unfun (Enigma, Soul Eater, Fallen). Most people consider this the best DMC game, which is incredibly stupid since DMC4 improves on it in every way, but whatever.

2 sucks, don't waste your time. The collection is worth it for 1 and 3 though, especially since you've never played them.

Buy 4 if you're interested. It's the second best one, and should give you an idea of what the others are like, since it incorporates elements from both 1 and 3.
#5buakawppPosted 11/23/2011 12:25:37 PM
It's AMAZING.
#6chillipepper14(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2011 12:33:49 PM
CupONoodles69 posted...

2 sucks, don't waste your time. The collection is worth it for 1 and 3 though, especially since you've never played them.

i might play 2 just to say ive played it
---
#7Krio Lv3Posted 11/23/2011 5:56:25 PM
Just do what I did. Play 2 first.

It is the worst, but by playing it first, you'll see why DMC1 was so awesome, well at the same time still enjoying DMC2 for what it is.

When I first played DMC and Onimusha, I played them in the order 2 - 3 - 1 - 4. Sadly Onimusha was the best one, save for maybe 4, but DMC2 was good, but the worst, 3 was better than 1 in every way BUT nostalgia.. And 4 was second best to 3, more content, but the weapons in DMC3 were so much funner to use..
---
Taylor Lautner - Giving me strength since the New Moon
#8pigboyPosted 11/23/2011 10:27:13 PM
In my humble opinion, Devil May Cry is the BEST hack & slack action game I ever play. It is famous for having one of the coolest video game main character Dante and super addictive combat system. Most fans agree on DMC 1 & DMC 3 are the best in the series.

If you are interested in 3D hank & slash game, I highly recommend this game.
#9pigboyPosted 11/23/2011 10:28:48 PM
By the way, personally I don't think DMC 2 sucks, but the stage design is not as interesting as the other DMC games. However, DMC 2 is still a very good game comparing to other 3D hack & slash games.
#10noregrets225Posted 11/23/2011 11:17:16 PM
For all of its faults, I kind of like DMC 2.