The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Easy mode...

#1GnosticWytchPosted 4/3/2012 9:21:21 AM
My roommate, a noob to games, is trying to get easy mode to activate on DMC1. He's died, used a yellow orb to continue, then finished mission 2 but it's not asking him if he wants to switch to easy before the next mission. I remember that's how you got it, back in the day with the original PS2 version. What is he doing wrong?
#2soylentpeoplePosted 4/3/2012 9:24:43 AM
if i remember correctly you have to die around 3 times in the first few missions
#3GnosticWytch(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2012 9:43:33 AM
Cool, thanks! That worked; but he's curious as to what all it affects: are the enemies easier to kill or does it only have to do with the automatic combos?
#4HyperProtomanXPosted 4/3/2012 10:08:49 AM
Both. Enemies do less damage, you do more, combos can be done with just button mashing, you have more health and DT from the start (if I recall correctly), so, yeah. Was a nice surprise when I first played the game and wasn't a very good player.
---
Not changing this sig before cows fly!
#5_Shuyin_Posted 4/3/2012 3:04:32 PM
it's always appreciated when a game can offer both Easy and Hard difficulties for a game, so the gamer can play according to their personal preference. Do they want a challenge, or just sit back and enjoy the ride?
---
"At times we must purge things from this world because they should not exist. Even if it means losing someone that you love"
~ Deadly Premonition
#6psosebee828Posted 4/13/2012 4:41:20 PM
It's always the "roommate" or the "friend" that wants to know how to unlock easy mode.
#7chuckersilPosted 4/13/2012 6:33:29 PM
I just picked it up today and started playing. The game asked me if I wanted to play in easy mode and I never died. I did use a star to replenish my health, but never died or used a continue.
---
My Ninja's have gone feral. - RedBullBear
#8RoxasANobodyPosted 4/13/2012 7:24:10 PM
_Shuyin_ posted...
it's always appreciated when a game can offer both Easy and Hard difficulties for a game, so the gamer can play according to their personal preference. Do they want a challenge, or just sit back and enjoy the ride?

The only DMC game that allows you to pick Easy or Normal from the beginning is Devil May Cry 4. In DMC and DMC 2, you can only advance the story from a previous completed save if you play on DMD. If you don't, everything gets erased and you're forced to start all over.
---
"And she spoke words that would melt in your hands."
Currently Watching: www.youtube.com/user/OKAYSIAN
#9snake_5036Posted 4/14/2012 9:49:54 AM
In DMC1, the difference in Easy mode from the others is the following:

-Enemies do far less damage, and you of course do a lot more damage
-Some enemies, like Fetish, are missing entirely(Shadows are in some secret missions, but don't appear in normal missions)
-The game takes control of your combos, not helping you at all if you plan to move on to harder difficulties, where mashing the attack button will just make you do the 3 hit combo over and over
-You cannot carry over items, health, weapons, etc into any other difficulty. EA mode only allows you to continue in EA mode after beating the game
-No King of Hell picture for achieving S rank in all missions
-No need to hold R1 down to shoot with the guns
---
Useless Sig.
Same Time Posts:45....500th posts: 5