Questions about vergil

#1Master_strikerPosted 4/8/2012 12:17:25 PM
Since i basically deleted my Dante save and didn't touch DMC3 because of that, i want to start playing the game as vergil (NO MOVEMENT OPTIONS LIKE TRICKSTER IS F****** UP MY MIND) but he seems quite interesting.

I want to unlock the super costumes, if i finish the game with him in Very hard mode, will i unlock them? and what are his DarkSlayer features at Lv3?

Thanks in advance!
---
Not changing this sig until JET SET RADIO FUTURE 2 is announced!!!
UMVC3 Pro, SSF4 casual, KoF13 Newbie. PSN : HateTheZero
#2DRX777Posted 4/8/2012 12:31:11 PM(edited)
I think here in the HD Collection, you gotta clear the game as Dante before you can play as Vergil. ;D

Clearing Very Hard will unlock Super Vergil, not sure if you get Super Nelo too though - that might be clearing DMD.

Dark Slayer plays a little like Trickster. I think max level is just that it increases distance he warps?
---
Oh no, there goes Toh-kee-yoh!
http://www.rockband.com/users/Dark_Raven_X
#3Master_striker(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2012 12:39:51 PM(edited)
DRX777 posted...
I think here in the HD Collection, you gotta clear the game as Dante before you can play as Vergil. ;D

Clearing Very Hard will unlock Super Vergil, not sure if you get Super Nelo too though - that might be clearing DMD.

Dark Slayer plays a little like Trickster. I think max level is just that it increases distance he warps?

Oh yea, i unlocked Vergil and was almost done with hard mode with dante, till i decided to start vergil and saved over my dante file =/

Gonna finish the game with vergil and see. Thanks alot!

EDIT : Nevermind, i'm finishing this game on Easy and Normal to get my Vergil maxed and i'm finishing Bloody Palace to unlock super Vergil.... should have checked cheat code section
---
#4BillysanPosted 4/8/2012 12:44:49 PM
Master_striker posted...
i want to start playing the game as vergil (NO MOVEMENT OPTIONS LIKE TRICKSTER IS F****** UP MY MIND) but he seems quite interesting.

Which is why you don't get dependent on trickster. Has useful has it is, I try to avoid it simply because of how easy you tend to depend on it.

It also makes me get sloppier personally.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#5GodzFollowerPosted 4/8/2012 11:55:33 PM

Since i basically deleted my Dante save and didn't touch DMC3 because of that, i want to start playing the game as vergil (NO MOVEMENT OPTIONS LIKE TRICKSTER IS F****** UP MY MIND) but he seems quite interesting.

I want to unlock the super costumes, if i finish the game with him in Very hard mode, will i unlock them? and what are his DarkSlayer features at Lv3?

Thanks in advance!

Vergil can still teleport with darkslayer, and he's actually a bit stronger then Dante IIRC due to him having more variety limitations. His spirit swords when upgraded are pretty godly as well.
---
Gfaqs is the home of the echo posters
#6BillysanPosted 4/9/2012 12:06:14 AM
Yeah jamming on the gun button while doing everything is vital for Vergil...makes him godly.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#7KeyserVancePosted 4/9/2012 12:12:34 AM(edited)
The lv3 DarkSlayer unlocks the R1-Fwd-Circle input IIRC,which teleports Vergil up and forward. Very useful since he gets no Air Hike, and super fun because you can do the teleport--HelmBreaker loop he does in the boss fights.

Edit: Billysan raises an interesting point and one of my favorite features about Vergil. You can keep a constant barrage of Summoned Swords going at all times and during all other actions. Some complicated controller clawing is required :P

---
Diamond Friend Code - KEYSER, 2921 9164 8828
SoulSilver Friend Code - KEYSER, 1634 6957 5881
#8Master_striker(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2012 12:24:30 AM
Just finished the game on hard and easy with, I don't think I pressed L1 this much in a game before lmao. The summon swords are absolutely ridiculous haha, managed to get at lvl 9800 on bloody palace thanks to them.

Is there any way to easily beat the last 10 levels of bloody palace? They're such a pain, I keep getting bodied :(
---
#9FF ObliviatorPosted 4/9/2012 2:05:37 AM
For Vergil, assign the Phantom Sword button to a shoulder button (I prefer R2) so you don't have to perform thumb gymnastics to keep the sword barrages up. Most people if they want an easier time to perform complex combos usually use a custom control scheme.
---
What is the Meaning of Life?: To marry a Hypello.
PSN ID: Gmanweapon (New Zealand)
#10vhunter14Posted 4/9/2012 5:53:28 AM
Super corrupted vergil, stay in DT = bloody palace being like a daycare, health refills nonstop, high defense and power and plays like DMC1 dante.
---
Official Nemesis Of the UMVC3 Board...S.T.A.R.S.