DMD Nelo 3 is wrecking me. D:

#1DRX777Posted 4/10/2012 7:41:08 AM
Any advice? I am totally open to spamming him with items, but I am trying to keep some reserved for Nightmare 2/3 and Mundus. Any cheese tactics particularly useful here?
---
Oh no, there goes Toh-kee-yoh!
http://www.rockband.com/users/Dark_Raven_X
#2soylentpeoplePosted 4/10/2012 7:44:40 AM
grenade rolling usually works
#3jayganautPosted 4/10/2012 8:30:38 AM
Whenever he does his 4 hit combo (where he taunts after) or whenever he's widely open use Ifrtit and do,

P > P > K > Auto Kick13 cancel > Grenade shot > P > charge punch > (DT)Inferno > Grenade shot dodge.

After the first grenade he will block and your first punch will whiff, then the fully charged punch will break his guard so you can hit him with Inferno. You can get in a cheeky Grenade for DT after Inferno but just be warned it makes dodging his next attack a little tight.

Whenever he does his Phantom Sword stuff run round jumping (carefully not spamming) and if you have Ifrit equipped it can destroy some of them before they hit you. If they're circling above you and they rise up off the screen stay still as they hit the areas around you.

All in all just play it safe and only commit to attacks when you KNOW he's not about to do anything, that shoulder barge counter is a b1tch.

Defiantly the most frantic difficult part of the game IMO Good luck!

Oh and DON'T use any items, if you don't mind using items to complete a play through don't waste them on Nelo. Maybe a Vital Star but if you were thinking of using an Untouchable or something, save it for Nightmare's final core or Mundus 2 like you said. They just aren't effective enough against Nelo to make it worth it and you'll end up wasting the items.
If you're gonna use items I suggest,

Use Devil Stars for Flying shoot 'em up Mundus
Holy waters in the Mundus 2 fight to rid the arena of his "turrets/Dragon" stuff
Untouchables for Mundus 2 or Nightmare 3 when his does his spinning arm attack (which you can jump into with Ifrit to make it disappear FYI) or if he has any red cores.
#4Anodyne11Posted 4/10/2012 12:36:06 PM
I used Alastor and was always dodging and onyl attacked straight after he does that combo (then taunts) or when he used that blue ranged attack.
Not the fastest strategy but I found it reliable and easy to use.

The main thing that messed me up were those blades he summons.

Oh, plus I grenade rolled a bit to help keep my Devil Trigger high (I went into DT for every combo)
---
Valkyria Chronicles is the best RPG this gen!
Official Ultimecia of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim boards
#5VesperasPosted 4/10/2012 1:17:49 PM
Why do people say to use untoucheables forNM's final core?

Fill up your DT before the final hits, the Air Raid. Use 1 devil star TOPs...
---
PSN: Vesperas
Former Legendary Leader of Fierce Uprising <3 Dejoule
#6jayganautPosted 4/10/2012 3:07:57 PM
For people starting out sometimes aiming Vortex can be a bit tricky and some people don't even realize how to properly do it. granted you can use that method but if you've got a possible 15 untouchables at that point and are going to use them against Mundus you may as well use one of them here to get it over and done with.
#7jayganautPosted 4/10/2012 3:12:06 PM
jayganaut posted...
For people starting out sometimes aiming Vortex can be a bit tricky and some people don't even realize how to properly do it. granted you can use that method but if you've got a possible 15 untouchables at that point and are going to use them against Mundus you may as well use one of them here to get it over and done with.

I'm blind....... I read Vortex >.<
Air raid still seems a bit risky though, they might be in low health and get hit by some random stuff.
#8snake_5036Posted 4/10/2012 9:27:57 PM
Are you familiar with the term sword canceling or slash canceling? Basically, you do a one two combo or 1 2 34 combo with alastor and move the left analog a little to cancel out of the lag from slashing. Using this, you can trap him in a loop by jumping backwards after 4 one two combos or two 1 2 34 combos. If you jumped back correctly, he'll start a meteor attack. Run back up to him before he launches it and do the same combos with slash canceling. Assuming you don't screw up or get hit by a meteor, he can be trapped in this loop for the entire fight, allowing an easy way to win instead of dealing with his phantom swords and attacks that take off well over 50% of your life bars easily.
---
Useless Sig.
Same Time Posts:45....500th posts: 5