Phantom orb farming in DMC 1?

#11ViolaPhasePosted 4/21/2012 5:04:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyySZIymuFU
#12AlexxShadenk777Posted 4/21/2012 8:24:46 PM
>farming

Just get Special Bonuses, twerps. If you get the S rank orbs plus 2000 orbs from the SB every mission, you will never need to farm. It's not even that difficult on Normal. By the beginning of Mission 4 you will have been able to buy Air Hike, Stinger lvl2, Vortex and 2 Purple Orbs.
---
PSN: AlexxShadenk777
#13Skeleton_AthenaPosted 4/22/2012 12:31:53 AM
I actually thought of that once, when I had just gotten the game on ps2 lol

I never did get the knack for slashing back fireballs....well, hope you have fun killing phantom again and again and again.....and maybe again.
#14Liquid_AcidPosted 4/22/2012 2:37:35 AM
Vortex Level 2 makes you invincible...so I use that to take him out without taking any damage...
---
Sony should make a Blu-Ray less PS3. (4 min later) PS3 games are on Blu Ray disks? Wow, this explains everything. - videogamer1030
#15ReVenANT1489(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2012 11:00:46 AM
AlexxShadenk777 posted...
>farming

Just get Special Bonuses, twerps. If you get the S rank orbs plus 2000 orbs from the SB every mission, you will never need to farm. It's not even that difficult on Normal. By the beginning of Mission 4 you will have been able to buy Air Hike, Stinger lvl2, Vortex and 2 Purple Orbs.

Farming is a lot easier than trying to S rank every mission all the time. A lot faster as well, takes about a minute to kill Phantom, save, and reload.
---
psn: randy_marshh
not changing sig till bears win the superbowl started 12-30-09
#16AlexxShadenk777Posted 4/22/2012 11:23:40 AM
This is why you will remain a worse player for relying on this tactic.
---
#17Ultimate_FinalePosted 4/22/2012 11:48:08 AM

How are you remaining to be a worse player for farming? You can't exactly judge how good someone is at a game for farming Red Orbs to get skills. In case you haven't noticed, most of the "pro" players using farming techniques for speed runs, boss fights etc.
---
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l4hx89SeIJ1qabfaxo1_500.jpg
#18crazyj10Posted 4/22/2012 3:29:54 PM
It's a good thing I play this game for "fun". You know, where you try to have a good time? I couldn't care less how you think I should play.
---
"What makes me a good demo-man?If I were a bad demo-man, I wouldn't be sittin' here, discussin' it with you now would I?"
#19AlexxShadenk777Posted 4/22/2012 4:54:02 PM
Ultimate_Finale posted...
How are you remaining to be a worse player for farming? You can't exactly judge how good someone is at a game for farming Red Orbs to get skills. In case you haven't noticed, most of the "pro" players using farming techniques for speed runs, boss fights etc.

As I said, as long as you get Special Bonuses you don't need to farm on its own. I don't mean you don't need to, I mean you LITERALLY will NEVER need to farm in DMC1 for any amount of time. I honestly can't remember the last time I did that for the sake of it. I'm not saying farming is wrong and shouldn't be done by the way but Special Bonuses are way more efficient and lots more interesting. And sometimes you do get to do some farming to get the Special Bonuses too anyway, if you paid a bit more attention to SB's you would know this.
For example, on Normal Mission 2, you can get the Special Bonus by ignoring ALL the Marionettes in it, and then Critical Hitting Sin Scissors in the long hallway before finishing the mission, it's the safest way to meet the orb requirement if you don't want to kill Marionettes along the way.

And I do know what playing for fun is, in DMC1 that implies getting an S rank, regardless of how much damage I took. Besides that, I go for Special Bonuses.
---
#20Ultimate_FinalePosted 4/23/2012 6:41:41 AM
AlexxShadenk777 posted...
Ultimate_Finale posted...

As I said, as long as you get Special Bonuses you don't need to farm on its own. I don't mean you don't need to, I mean you LITERALLY will NEVER need to farm in DMC1 for any amount of time. I honestly can't remember the last time I did that for the sake of it. I'm not saying farming is wrong and shouldn't be done by the way but Special Bonuses are way more efficient and lots more interesting. And sometimes you do get to do some farming to get the Special Bonuses too anyway, if you paid a bit more attention to SB's you would know this.
For example, on Normal Mission 2, you can get the Special Bonus by ignoring ALL the Marionettes in it, and then Critical Hitting Sin Scissors in the long hallway before finishing the mission, it's the safest way to meet the orb requirement if you don't want to kill Marionettes along the way.

And I do know what playing for fun is, in DMC1 that implies getting an S rank, regardless of how much damage I took. Besides that, I go for Special Bonuses.

I do pay attention SBs, I even got an entire playthrough where I got a SB on every mission. Even then I still had to farm Marionettes on the 1st mission just to get the Red Orb requirement. So saying you don't need to farm and just go for SBs is pointless because you will have to farm orbs and enemies just to get a SB
---
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l4hx89SeIJ1qabfaxo1_500.jpg