DMC1: What's the best way to jump on the statue's spear in Mission 1?

#1Uriel1988Posted 4/28/2012 7:04:20 AM
I'm doing a Hard Mode fresh run and I know of the orb cache on top of hte statues spear in the big hall, problem is that I have trouble landing on it, I sometimes succeed but it's mostly just luck.

Anyone here who knows the best way to consistently land on top of it? I've sometimes had Dante "auto jump" onto it the same way he raises himself up certain ledges but, like I said, I can't do it consistently.

So yeah, help please.
#2Ultimate_FinalePosted 4/28/2012 7:38:13 AM
Jump onto the statue's head. Once on there, face the spear and jump without moving the stick. When you reach the highest point in the jump, press jump again. You will go above the spear and land ontop of it.
---
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l4hx89SeIJ1qabfaxo1_500.jpg
#3snake_5036Posted 4/28/2012 8:53:08 AM
Yeah, just stand next to the spear and double jump without moving. Dante should land on it.

Alternatively, there is also a spot where Dante jumps up and grabs onto it automatically, but you'll have to memorize the sweet spot for that.
---
Useless Sig.
Same Time Posts:45....500th posts: 5
#4Uriel1988(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2012 1:23:15 PM
Thanks for the advice, guys. I still haven't nailed it but I'm getting better at it.
#5SuperBassPosted 4/29/2012 6:23:35 PM
Jump onto the statue and hold the jump button. Then move around. If you walk over the right spot while holding the jump button, Dante will automatically jump onto the spear.

Here's a more detailed description of what I said.

To begin with, collect 100 red orbs on the horserider's spear tip. Jump onto the horse from the stairs first of all, and then hop-jump again onto its neck (if the first jump didn't get you there). From the neck, there are two ways of getting on top of the spear. The first way is to stand next to the spear, do a full jump straight up, then press X to do a kick-jump onto the tip. The second way is to hold down X (you can't stop Dante from doing an initial jump first), and then walk around the base of the neck with X held down - there is a trigger point which, if you pass over it, will make Dante automatically jump to grap the tip and haul himself onto it. You don't want to be messing around for 5 minutes trying to land on the spear tip, so practice for a while and find the method which you can do fastest.
---
I need not a signature