Okay...Nightmare on DMD

#1Demoskinos85Posted 4/30/2012 12:01:52 PM
So, I'm at chapter 16 er 17? Whatever one you fight 2nd Nightmare at... and I read up about forcing a ice beam and what not and if I manage to get on his head and combo him with Ifirit then I get some decent damage in... thing is seems like 70% of the time he will hit me with his machine gun attack thing at the last moment enough to stun me to actually get hit by the ice beam. And even if I do dodge that I find it hard to land on his head consistently. If i can just get through these last two nightmare fights I think I got DMD on lockdown.

I think I got the basic theory of this boss fight down its just I'm lacking in execution.... unless I'm missing something or there is a better way? I've come too far to quit now. Last trophy I need for my Plat !
---
They thought they could kill me... Keep me out... but they were wrong DEAD wrong!
#2snake_5036Posted 4/30/2012 12:33:02 PM
How to dodge the machine gun fire: Run one direction. Don't stop until his attack starts. All there is to it.

When the core first opens, what for the white lasers to go away and then jump and killer bee(or flame kick or whatever you want to call it) the core. You should land right on top of Nightmare, ready to be punched and kicked to death with a fully charged PPKK combo.
---
Useless Sig.
Same Time Posts:45....500th posts: 5
#3BigStud0746Posted 4/30/2012 11:40:03 PM
I always use air raid to fly over his back and drop right down next to the core. Keeps you pretty safe and is really easy to do.