DMC2 Trophy: Using Trish in Lucia Must Die Mode

#1enma05Posted 6/13/2012 8:02:27 PM
Hi. I just finished Hard mode in Lucia disc using Trish. I think I'm more convenient using Trish than Lucia so I plan to beat the Lucia Must Die mode using Trish. Will I be able to get the trophy by doing the aforementioned? Thanks.
#2AlexxShadenk777Posted 6/13/2012 9:06:57 PM
Your post makes me feel stupid. Which trophy are you talking about? I can only assume, the one about beating Must Die mode? You don't get a unique trophy for beating it with each character, you only get one trophy for beating "any" MD mode once. So it does not matter which character you use.
---
PSN: AlexxShadenk777
#3enma05(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2012 9:14:14 PM
Hi. Thank you for the reponse. Yes, I am refering to the trophy that you will beat the game in MD mode. I was just wondering that the trophy is only limited to Dante or Lucia. Just want to make sure before I start my MD playthrough :D Thanks again!

Btw. Sorry, English is not my primary language if my communication is a cause of concern.
#4RaengPosted 6/14/2012 2:40:07 AM
Should be noted that for the S-rank trophies you need to do it with the actual character, not Trish. Good luck!
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
#5Shadow ReaverPosted 6/15/2012 9:00:57 PM
you can do Must Die mode on Lucias disk with Trish to save time BUT i warn you the fish boss will be hell.
---
We each play out the parts Fate has written for us. Free will is an Illusion. - Kain
#6DamthielPosted 6/15/2012 11:14:38 PM
Shadow Reaver posted...
you can do Must Die mode on Lucias disk with Trish to save time BUT i warn you the fish boss will be hell.

This is what I've read as well. It seems that in MD mode the boss stays invisible throughout most of the encounter.

I finished Dante's MD mode with Trish, and it was amazingly easy. I suppose it depends on how you feel you want to go about doing it, but with Dante you can use this method here for farming red orbs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sov8kgv9w5A

With it, you can max out your items, making the entire run a breeze. Although it can technically work with Trish in Lucia's story, it's a lot more difficult to pull off, and I wouldn't even suggest trying it. But you may not be interested in making it that easy on yourself regardless.
#7Anodyne11Posted 6/16/2012 4:36:21 AM
It stays invisible throughout the entire fight. It doesn't become visible at any point so Lucia will make it A LOT easier. (drop cranky bombs from the hole at the top)
Though you can easily switch character midway through the game and it shouldn't affect the trophy so you can play as Trish but switch to Lucia for that mission.
---
Valkyria Chronicles is the best RPG this gen!
Official Ultimecia of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim boards
#8AlexxShadenk777Posted 6/16/2012 5:44:15 AM
When using Lucia you can just spam her super move, you don't even need infinite DT for it apparently, unless they fixed that bug (didn't try it myself).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjbRGVsyaQM&feature=player_detailpage#t=311s

The input is just [] + /\.
---
PSN: AlexxShadenk777
#9Shadow ReaverPosted 6/16/2012 6:56:02 AM
Anodyne11 posted...
It stays invisible throughout the entire fight. It doesn't become visible at any point so Lucia will make it A LOT easier. (drop cranky bombs from the hole at the top)
Though you can easily switch character midway through the game and it shouldn't affect the trophy so you can play as Trish but switch to Lucia for that mission.

if you switch to Lucia from Trish it will only affect the Trish trophy not the Must Die trophy.
---
We each play out the parts Fate has written for us. Free will is an Illusion. - Kain
#10enma05(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2012 7:30:27 PM
Yeah, had some trouble with the fish boss. Forgot if I used a healing item or not throughout the playthrough. :D Anyway, I didn't had much problem overall and got the trophy. The remaining problem is the Bloody palace, I used Dante and ran out of gas in the 6k-ish levels. lol shouldve used trish instead. Might try again within the week to play 4-5 straight hours. I'm just playing a chapter or two per day of DMC3 for the mean time cause I also got stuck in DMC DMD mode. lol

Thanks to all who responded to my queries.