IGN review

#1binrobPosted 6/26/2012 9:08:09 AM(edited)
It's finally up

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/26/the-amazing-spider-man-review

EDIT: And the gamespot review

http://www.gamespot.com/the-amazing-spider-man-2012/reviews/the-amazing-spider-man-review-6384285/
#2Skynet82997Posted 6/26/2012 9:11:19 AM
7 and 7.5 - what I expected. Didn't expect it to get Arkham scores.

Overall they like the game quite a bit. Cool - I'm really having a blast so far. : )
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#3patkelly929Posted 6/26/2012 9:17:14 AM
I find it funny that they give the game those scores, yet they couldn't stop ranting and raving about it. IGN even nominated it for Best in Show for E3. Clearly two different people were involved in that.

I'm not saying get people who enjoy those types of games on the review for them (they may come off as biased), but don't go around saying this could very well be game of the year, and then give it a 7.

I don't care much for reviews, and I play what I want to play. I have no problem with any score they give as far as rating the game is concerned. I'm just wary of their practices when it come to reviewing games. Giving people the wrong impressions and all.
---
"Gary was here. Ash is a loser!" = Greatest Tramp Stamp Ever
#4Skynet82997Posted 6/26/2012 9:19:16 AM
Obviously i just started playing it, but as far as the way it looks and plays (locomotion and combat wise) I'd give it somewhere in the 8's....
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#5bnrulzPosted 6/26/2012 9:22:01 AM
patkelly929 posted...
I find it funny that they give the game those scores, yet they couldn't stop ranting and raving about it. IGN even nominated it for Best in Show for E3. Clearly two different people were involved in that.

I'm not saying get people who enjoy those types of games on the review for them (they may come off as biased), but don't go around saying this could very well be game of the year, and then give it a 7.

I don't care much for reviews, and I play what I want to play. I have no problem with any score they give as far as rating the game is concerned. I'm just wary of their practices when it come to reviewing games. Giving people the wrong impressions and all.

yeah man, IGN is notorious for the glowing preview and crappy review. They just did that with lollipop chainsaw too, and prototype 2, etc. IMO previews are paid for by companies, meaning IGN will gladly gush over something that isn't out yet, but they turn on their version of integrity when they write the actual review. It's really frustrating though and it makes it so you can't trust their previews (but I'm still preordering War for Cybertron)

I totally agree with you, they either need to scale it back in the previews or get the same guy who hyped the game up to do the final review - then at least he could explain why the final product is inferior to the hype he himself helped create
#6XxGhaleonxXPosted 6/26/2012 9:27:11 AM
Too easy? Looks like I'll be starting on the harder difficulty. Unless you have to beat the game first like AC. Regardless, this is what I expected. I almost always think games are at least 1.5 more than what they're rated so an 8.5/9 is amazing! Can't wait.
---
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=521302869
PSN: acetonskyhigh
#7patkelly929Posted 6/26/2012 9:28:16 AM
bnrulz posted...
patkelly929 posted...

yeah man, IGN is notorious for the glowing preview and crappy review. They just did that with lollipop chainsaw too, and prototype 2, etc. IMO previews are paid for by companies, meaning IGN will gladly gush over something that isn't out yet, but they turn on their version of integrity when they write the actual review. It's really frustrating though and it makes it so you can't trust their previews (but I'm still preordering War for Cybertron)

I totally agree with you, they either need to scale it back in the previews or get the same guy who hyped the game up to do the final review - then at least he could explain why the final product is inferior to the hype he himself helped create

I love Lollipop Chainsaw. It's being shelved for a few weeks, but God I love that game.
---
"Gary was here. Ash is a loser!" = Greatest Tramp Stamp Ever
#8JenniferTatePosted 6/26/2012 9:28:44 AM
I might be wrong, I only watched the leaked video last night, but the guy doing the video review sounded like the same guy from E3 who was all but going down on Dee Brown about how amazing the game was.
---
Careful kid, with that wolf whistle. You never know what you'll attract.
#9Liquid Snake2Posted 6/26/2012 9:48:50 AM
The graphics dont look bad to me, and is copying Batman supposed to be a bad thing?
---
"They must find it difficult...those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority."
Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Guneagle01
#10midnyghtsson265Posted 6/26/2012 10:18:58 AM
Liquid Snake2 posted...
The graphics dont look bad to me, and is copying Batman supposed to be a bad thing?

Same here about the graphics. Saw a couple vids and it looks good to me. And as far as the batman comparison...I drew it instantly when I first saw him fight, and to see they indeed DID try and copy batman makes it a must buy for me! Batman had one of the best combat systems ever IMO, and spiderman looks to be a natural fit for that style!

I'm lucky I didn't know this was being released today till last night when I saw a video.. No long anticipation for me...lol I'm on my way to Gamestop.

Thanks for the reviews TC, thats what I came here for!
---
XBL Gamertag- BKB Black Steel
Main Pawn-Jasmine (Strider)