So how was the movie? spoilers maybe

#11feeltheninjutsuPosted 7/4/2012 9:20:24 PM
The "best promises are the ones you can't keep" thing is totally setting up to have Gwen Stacy murdered. I hope not, because then we'll have to deal with the ginger again.
---
"Not everything is a lesson. Sometimes you just fail." - Dwight Schrute
"I don't get high, life keeps me at a decent height." -Lupe Fiasco
#12Homie_202Posted 7/4/2012 10:19:12 PM
feeltheninjitsu posted...
The "best promises are the ones you can't keep" thing is totally setting up to have Gwen Stacy murdered. I hope not, because then we'll have to deal with the ginger again.

At least it won't be Kirsten dunst.
#13Bluegazer30Posted 7/4/2012 11:11:12 PM
*spoiler*

Anyone else laughed and love the stan lee cameo. It was hilarious XD
#143D3Posted 7/5/2012 12:15:02 AM
Pros
- Spider-Man actually talked a lot more when he was fighting/swinging
- Spider-Man was much more agile
- I think Andrew Garfield played a great Peter Parker/Spider-Man and actually kinda played him out of the box unlike Tobey Maguire's generic Peter Parker/Spider-Man
- Loved that he used his web several times when he fought but I don't think he actually ever ran out. I'll have to watch it again to make sure because my friend says that he ran out twice

Cons
- Spider bite felt a bit underwhelming
- Kinda disappointed how they kinda forgot about the burglar who shot uncle Ben
- Nitpicking but I like the original trilogy's soundtrack more
- Where the **** is my boy Jamison?!! lol I can't imagine him being played by anyone else besides JK Simmons.

Mixed feelings about the web swinging through buildings, it definitely seemed much more complicated compared to the original trilogy, I mean had to get those cranes set up for him just so he can swing a lot easier. In the original trilogy, swinging was a breeze but in this one, he would swing a web and then run on the walls of the buildings.

Dr. Connors also had full conscious when transformed to the Lizard which I recall he would lose his conscious when he was the Lizard. But I guess the story wouldn't go anywhere if he didn't have conscious as the Lizard.

I'm not certain, but it seems like they're gonna bring back the Green Goblin for the sequel and I'm honestly feeling a bit meh about the Green Goblin right now.
---
Because Naughty Dog
Joel+Ellie=Jelly...You Jelly?
#153D3Posted 7/5/2012 12:17:06 AM
Homie_202 posted...
feeltheninjitsu posted...

At least it won't be Kirsten dunst.

And this, but I can't see Emma Stone dying but I guess she has to so MJ can come in.
---
Because Naughty Dog
#16korpze187Posted 7/5/2012 9:27:18 AM
3D3 posted...
Pros
- I think Andrew Garfield played a great Peter Parker/Spider-Man and actually kinda played him out of the box unlike Tobey Maguire's generic Peter Parker/Spider-Man
- Loved that he used his web several times when he fought but I don't think he actually ever ran out. I'll have to watch it again to make sure because my friend says that he ran out twice

Cons
- Where the **** is my boy Jamison?!! lol I can't imagine him being played by anyone else besides JK Simmons.

Mixed feelings about the web swinging through buildings, it definitely seemed much more complicated compared to the original trilogy, I mean had to get those cranes set up for him just so he can swing a lot easier. In the original trilogy, swinging was a breeze but in this one, he would swing a web and then run on the walls of the buildings.

Dr. Connors also had full conscious when transformed to the Lizard which I recall he would lose his conscious when he was the Lizard. But I guess the story wouldn't go anywhere if he didn't have conscious as the Lizard.

I'm not certain, but it seems like they're gonna bring back the Green Goblin for the sequel and I'm honestly feeling a bit meh about the Green Goblin right now.

I'm not sure if Marc Webb thought of it this way, but I think the fact that Spidey had more trouble swinging lends to it being a more realistic experience. If Spider-Man swung off the sides of buildings, he'd swing right into the building. That's why you really only see Spider-Man swinging under bridges and off things like the cranes that he can actually swing from. When he was between buildings, he ran on them/climbed them. It made it feel more real, and I appreciated it.

And as far as the Green Goblin goes, I don't know how you are coming to that conclusion for the sequel. We had some scenes where Osborn is mentioned throughout the film, but that's it. The post-credits scene is completely ambiguous (Marc Webb even said in an interview that he is leaving the identity ambiguous), so you could guess that it might be Osborn, but I would imagine Green Goblin would be in the 3rd film, leading to the death of Gwen Stacy.
#17korpze187Posted 7/5/2012 10:19:33 AM
Actually, in reference to the post-credit scene, according to Rhys Ifans (actor who played Curt Conners), it ISN'T Norman Osborn:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/56771
#18karellan1978Posted 7/5/2012 11:36:38 AM
*spoilers*

The only thing that I really didn't like about the movie was that it didn't feel like Spider-Man... it felt like Batman. They changed his motivation and background, so the character arc didn't feel like Spider-Man's character arc.

In the movie, when uncle Ben gets killed because Peter let a badguy go, Peter obsesses over catching the badguy, which leads to him becoming a vigilante. In the comics and pretty much every other version of Spidey, when uncle Ben dies, he focuses on his own mistake, and it's guilt that drives the character, not vegeance.

This is a key difference because it changes who the character is. Comics Spider-Man always does the right thing, even when it's not in his own best interest to do so, because he feels he HAS to, because with great power, etc. It's one of the things that makes Spidey one of the most heroic characters in comics. Look at SM2, for example. Peter's whole life is ruined because of Spider-Man, and when he goes off after Doc Ock, he chooses to continue being Spider-Man anyway, because it's the noble, selfless choice to make.

In this movie, it at least starts with Batman-style, "you killed my parents" kind of vengeance. There's a little guilt with Conners' transformation, since Peter helped create the serum that led to the Lizard, but there's not really any indication that Peter is going to continue feeling personally responsible for everything bad that happens from that point on. He certainly didn't feel that way because of uncle Ben; it was only after the Lizard showed up that he started thinking that way. With the Lizard in jail and back to human form, Peter might just go back to being a thrill-seeking, hot-headed punk like he was earlier on.

*end spoilers*

It was a great movie, but as a huge Spider-Man fan, I was just a little disappointed that it didn't feel more like Spider-Man.
#19Valentino16Posted 7/5/2012 11:43:41 AM
I choked on my popcorn during the subway scene right after he gets bitten.

I was laughing so hard.
---
GT: Obstreperosity
"Zur-En-Arrh"
#203D3Posted 7/5/2012 12:49:54 PM
korpze187 posted...
3D3 posted...
Pros

Cons

I'm not sure if Marc Webb thought of it this way, but I think the fact that Spidey had more trouble swinging lends to it being a more realistic experience. If Spider-Man swung off the sides of buildings, he'd swing right into the building. That's why you really only see Spider-Man swinging under bridges and off things like the cranes that he can actually swing from. When he was between buildings, he ran on them/climbed them. It made it feel more real, and I appreciated it.

And as far as the Green Goblin goes, I don't know how you are coming to that conclusion for the sequel. We had some scenes where Osborn is mentioned throughout the film, but that's it. The post-credits scene is completely ambiguous (Marc Webb even said in an interview that he is leaving the identity ambiguous), so you could guess that it might be Osborn, but I would imagine Green Goblin would be in the 3rd film, leading to the death of Gwen Stacy.

Not really, playing Spider-Man 2 and watching the original trilogy and Spider-Man cartoon, Spidy can easily swing from building to building without hitting the walls, he just has to swing from left building to right building etc.

And I said Green Goblin because they did mention Osborn, maybe not 2 but there's definitely a high chance of having the Green Goblin in a sequel.
---
Because Naughty Dog