Anyone read "Ends Of The Earth"? If so, how is it?

#1PrinceFoxelfPosted 7/12/2012 10:50:06 AM
I don't follow a whole lot of modern comics in general since I've been pretty disillusioned with a lot of terrible Spider-Man stories for the last twenty years or so (Clone Saga, Sins Past, One More Day, etc.) not only are they awful but they've ruined the entire series for me. It's VERY rare that I indulge in recent Spider-Man comics, and the latest one I've read/gotten that I enjoyed is "Matters Of Life And Death" with the whole awesome "Nobody Dies" thing.

However, "Ends Of The Earth" caught my eye, and it looks like something really special for some reason, especially since it's supposedly to celebrate Spider-Man's 50th anniversary of existence, and I always love a real good Dr. Octopus/Sinister Six story. But I'd like to hear it from someone who's read it, is it really that good or would I just be wasting my time? I don't want to be disappointed again.
#2akaCitizenSnipsPosted 7/12/2012 12:10:08 PM
Imo post One More Day these arcs/storylines are very good:

New Ways to Die (Anti-Venom debut, Thunderbolts are in it)

The Gauntlet/Grim Hunt (Return of Kraven is lame, but the Gauntlet includes classic villains fighting Spidey like Lizard, Rhino etc, the story is pretty good despite KRaven being revived)

Ends of the Earth (Pretty good, although I did not like the ending when it comes to Dr. Octopus' fate)

There are probably a couple stories here and there I am forgetting, but those 3 are really good. Some people really like American Son but I didn't think it was that great. It was good, maybe it got too much hype because I didn't think it was graet
---
"Be still, Mouse. You can change your pants in a moment"
JL: GL
#3PrinceFoxelf(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2012 12:52:41 PM
I read parts of The Gauntlet and all of the conclusion of Grim Hunt, I enjoyed those. I love Kraven as much as the next guy but I agree that bringing him back was a little weak, still he's an awesome character.

Thanks for your opinion on Ends Of The Earth, I think I'll check it out when I can afford it. I'd still like to see what a few other people say but I'm still excited to give it a chance. I love Doctor Octopus, he's one of my top favorite Spider-Man villains.
#4karellan1978Posted 7/12/2012 1:30:14 PM
If you haven't read Big Time yet, you really should. That's probably my favorite Spidey storyline since things went to hell with the Brand New Day reboot.
#5akaCitizenSnipsPosted 7/12/2012 2:09:10 PM
If you haven't read Big Time yet, you really should. That's probably my favorite Spidey storyline since things went to hell with the Brand New Day reboot.

Yeah Big Time overall is pretty good, I can't think of any bad storylines they have in it.
---
#6SpideyftwcobPosted 7/12/2012 3:26:22 PM
akaCitizenSnips posted...
Imo post One More Day these arcs/storylines are very good:

New Ways to Die (Anti-Venom debut, Thunderbolts are in it)

The Gauntlet/Grim Hunt (Return of Kraven is lame, but the Gauntlet includes classic villains fighting Spidey like Lizard, Rhino etc, the story is pretty good despite KRaven being revived)

Ends of the Earth (Pretty good, although I did not like the ending when it comes to Dr. Octopus' fate)

There are probably a couple stories here and there I am forgetting, but those 3 are really good. Some people really like American Son but I didn't think it was that great. It was good, maybe it got too much hype because I didn't think it was graet

These stories, as akacitizensnips said, are very good. For me the worst story, among others, is "Sins Past" because it ruins Gwen story (if you compare what happened with the old stories there are so many inconsistencies) although I donīt know if is canon or not (hope someone replies me).
#7akaCitizenSnipsPosted 7/12/2012 3:57:24 PM

These stories, as akacitizensnips said, are very good. For me the worst story, among others, is "Sins Past" because it ruins Gwen story (if you compare what happened with the old stories there are so many inconsistencies) although I donīt know if is canon or not (hope someone replies me).

If you mean Norman bangs Gwen and impregnates her then I think that's canon, or at least from what I've read they never retconned it. And yes, that is incredibly stupid. However it is not part of Big Time and really it should just never be read lol.
---
#8SpideyftwcobPosted 7/12/2012 5:15:54 PM

If you mean Norman bangs Gwen and impregnates her then I think that's canon, or at least from what I've read they never retconned it. And yes, that is incredibly stupid. However it is not part of Big Time and really it should just never be read lol.

Haha thanks for the clarification dude, that's just what I meant but I didn't want to say it because I don't know how to use that "gray spoiler bar" xD and yes, I was unfortunate in reading Sins Past xD however even though I have read a lot of comics ( a friend lend me them) I have a silly question :P Is there only ONE true or original universe of Spidey? I mean, I know there are more universes but is there only one and "original" universe?

Thanks!
#9akaCitizenSnipsPosted 7/12/2012 5:48:28 PM(edited)
If you are using FireFox you can dl GameFox which gives you easy access to the spoiler bar, all you have to do is click it. Otherwise there is a specific way to enter it which is <.spoiler><./spoiler> with no "."

And yeah I almost stopped reading after Sins Past because I thought it was incredibly stupid. I officially stopped after Back in Black because I thought that was also pretty lame and One More Day was the final kick in the nuts. However I started reading them again about a month ago and I caught up to where the comics are now and I think the stories have been really good the past couple storylines

The "main" universe is the 616 universe which is what Amazing Spider-Man (the comics) is in. The Ultimate universe is a separate, newer universe. You can think of 616 as the "original universe," lots of the famous Marvel titles fall under it, but there are also a bunch of Ultimate versions as well.
---
#10SpideyftwcobPosted 7/12/2012 6:38:37 PM
If you are using FireFox you can dl GameFox which gives you easy access to the spoiler bar, all you have to do is click it. Otherwise there is a specific way to enter it which is <.spoiler><./spoiler> with no "."

And yeah I almost stopped reading after Sins Past because I thought it was incredibly stupid. I officially stopped after Back in Black because I thought that was also pretty lame and One More Day was the final kick in the nuts. However I started reading them again about a month ago and I caught up to where the comics are now and I think the stories have been really good the past couple storylines

The "main" universe is the 616 universe which is what Amazing Spider-Man (the comics) is in. The Ultimate universe is a separate, newer universe. You can think of 616 as the "original universe," lots of the famous Marvel titles fall under it, but there are also a bunch of Ultimate versions as well.

I see...thanks for answering me dude! oh and one last question who are in charge of Spiderman nowadays? (I got lost of what is going on after so many bad stories xD)