Based on e3 footage, this looks sweet.

#1evilmonkey210Posted 6/8/2012 9:54:53 AM
It's like they took Spider-Man 2 and added a fresh coat of paint, which is a good thing. The combat looks good, the swinging looks fun, and the web rush is a good addition. Biggest gripe so far; why can't he dodge bullets? Spider-Man is always flying past them and bug like speeds.

For said footage:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-the-amazing/730857

I hope this team gets to work on a 616 Spider-Man game so they can give us something similar to the ps1 classic. Cameos from other heroes, what if.. mode, bunch of costumes that actually add something to the character's stats, and epic Mysterio fight.
#2AzureVergilPosted 6/8/2012 10:03:54 AM
I don't like the camera being so close to Spidey when swinging, its gave me a headache.

Its almost as bad as the First Person trailers of the Amazing Spider-man.
#3moxxidudePosted 6/8/2012 10:09:08 AM(edited)

I hope this team gets to work on a 616 Spider-Man game so they can give us something similar to the ps1 classic. Cameos from other heroes, what if.. mode, bunch of costumes that actually add something to the character's stats, and epic Mysterio fight.

I hope they don't add other characters, other costumes that add to character stats, other modes like What if? and I really hope they take away the sandbox free roam New York - they just need to make a Spider-man game that takes place in a Days Inn Hotel Room (one level) and his webs have to attach to the lamp or the picture of the sailboat above the bed.

Of course, I don't think this. But it seems for every awesome idea that someone wants, someone else is right there, saying that would suck or be terrible. I just wanted to be that guy, even for a short time, to experience life from his perspective and I have to say, I hate myself.

Those are great ideas and it would be nice to see them come back again!
---
GameFOX for Gamefaqs Firefox users is a must have add-on.
#4evilmonkey210(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2012 10:13:39 AM
I'd dislike the close camera if I hadn't read an interview somewhere along the line saying it's supposed to make you feel the same effects as vertigo. You're supposed to feel like Spider-Man playing.

I'm guessing it'll be like 3D and shakey-cam movies; some people like them, some people get headaches or even nauseous. Probably wouldn't recommend this game to pregnant women, but to make me feel like I'm swinging through a city is an accomplishment.
#5SonicNashPosted 6/8/2012 10:18:14 AM
Look like a poor copy of Arkham City. It will probably collect dust on the shelves like Shattered Dimension and Edge of Time.
---
PSN: brandaman69
Platinum in Blazblue:CT, Tekken 6, MvC3, UMvC3, SSFIV. That's mean I am better than you in those games.
#6moxxidudePosted 6/8/2012 11:39:25 AM
SonicNash posted...
Look like a poor copy of Arkham City. It will probably collect dust on the shelves like Shattered Dimension and Edge of Time.

To be honest, a year ago, I wouldn't have even agreed it looked like a poor copy of Arkham City, but a year makes a big difference. I went from thinking this game was going to be an epic fail, to thinking it might be the best Spider-Man game we've seen in years.
---
GameFOX for Gamefaqs Firefox users is a must have add-on.
#7Kal_HellPosted 6/8/2012 8:04:22 PM
"Biggest gripe so far; why can't he dodge bullets?"

That's what the L1 escape button is for - Too many guys shooting at you? Hit L1 to web-zip to a safe distance and start slinging web-balls at the shooters, then take them out - What I love about the game is that now you can do stealth attacks instead of just charging in and button mashing - Can't wait, I'm 29 and I'm more excited for this game than my kids -
#8ukloukloiyPosted 6/9/2012 3:39:00 AM
"I don't like the camera being so close to Spidey when swinging, its gave me a headache."

Well.. this time im happy with the camera. In every free roam game i felt like playing mini spider man. Buildings look bigger when the camera is closer to spidey.. they always felt little
---
Naked General for special things,.....Unity In Nudity
PSN: Czlapaj
#9AzureVergilPosted 6/9/2012 6:09:25 AM
ukloukloiy posted...
"I don't like the camera being so close to Spidey when swinging, its gave me a headache."

Well.. this time im happy with the camera. In every free roam game i felt like playing mini spider man. Buildings look bigger when the camera is closer to spidey.. they always felt little

Well, if you want to see bigger buildings, go outside. Video games is about having fun, not get a headache just by travelling.
#10GeminiEntityPosted 6/9/2012 7:16:59 AM
ukloukloiy posted...

Agreed. The pulled back camera really brings the city and Spidey to life more.
---
Rock You
---