Lost a battle to an insanely weaker opponent

#11THE_NEZZLEPosted 5/29/2012 9:47:20 AM
Mmmmm.......trying to raise my def....down at the pawn shop sale everyday...lol.....invitemeigift....iattacked me when i had only about5%health....and beat me obviously..he was lvl.30 something...sneeky way to do it but no problem..left him be until he did it 3rd time...shame but had to sink him til he ran out of gold etc...pirates moan about big ships sinking them but whats a swashbuckler to do?!!!
#12Iam_NyteSongPosted 5/29/2012 9:55:41 AM
LOL @The_Nezzle...what indeed my friend. My mama always told me, don't start no fight. but if someone else does, you finish it! LOL

@ Chrysoloras..Hope ya don't mind mate, but I snuck aboard ta take a peek at yer hold. ya got 17 Tackle, 25 Amulets, 39 Weapons and 30 Cannons that could be sold off easy, ain't nobody using them. spend it all on planks. and get rid of some them Genoa sails! 2 sold = 1 planks.

ya don't need to make yer whole crew holding 5 items each... better to let them available to fetch ye yer lunch than to lower your att/def percentage.

Just my humble opinion of course. I am no Battleking_x_ray! and I'm basing all this on the success of the royal Warship and Disney logic. I worked fer the mouse and I know him. clever, clever mousey!
---
Siren of the night. I am...
NyteSong (K5W2N4)
#13nderwaterPosted 5/29/2012 11:07:35 AM
Chrysoloras posted...
It is IMPOSSIBLE to have good Defense statistics if you have maxed out your ship...
It is another in a long list of flaws for this game.

I don't think it's a flaw at all, but a feature engineered into the attack system when the night missions/top-tier inventory items were released. I believe that it was the developers' intent create an imbalance between attack/defense points to open the door for more frequent and more varied battle opportunities.
---
AteMate --- Master of the Night Seas & Daily Gifter --- Add Promo Code: H0F4B7
#14Iam_NyteSongPosted 5/29/2012 11:18:04 AM
ah AteMare, I still stick by my theory - the mouse wants your cash for gems. profiteers. no flaw. no glitch. careful clever mousey, I'll bet my bottom dollar that profit weighs much heavier to the developers that our varied attack pleasure.

sorry luv. I admire your intellect as always, but to some, cash is king. <sigh> you will notice, I am sure, that the only way to lift the defense using all crew members would be to invest iin gems for your defense weapon capability.

and the lovely new addition to allow us to purchase gem-only items prior to attacking a stronger opponent was introduced during the contest.
---
NyteSong (K5W2N4)
#15Airborne_78Posted 5/29/2012 11:19:30 AM
Chrysoloras posted...
I agree with you that Defense has been shown to be more important than most would have believed before the recent contest. But here's my problem:

It is IMPOSSIBLE to have good Defense statistics if you have maxed out your ship. I have the highest defense items (Dice and Planking) absolutely maxed out for my crew, meaning I have more of those items than I even have crew. My attack is still almost triple my Defense and my attack isn't yet maxed out. (I've maxed out Genoa Sails and am pretty close to maxing out the Barrel).

It is another in a long list of flaws for this game. We have 2 slots for Defense (Amulets and Tackle), but 3 slots for Attack (Cannons, Weapons, and Tackle). AND...The attack properties far outweigh the defense (i.e. On Tackle, Sail is worth 300 attack while Planking is worth 150 defense).

Now, I have no idea what could be done if I were to start spending gems like crazy, but as things are, there is no possible way for me to raise my defense other than adding crew. As I add crew though, my attack will be raised as well.

@ chrysoloras I'm in the same boat as you and probably a lot of other pirates out there. Maxed on defense for my crew, maxed on barrels now just as of today, and cannons will be the last to max... Of course you'll be maintaining as you get more crew, i do it in this order: planks, dice, genoa sails, barrels, then canons.

As for the small boat beatin ya seems like a glitch lol.

The royal ships, are just about patience, about 1 out of 5 is a win. I don't think it's worth selling off all my wares to get that sweet spot ratio, unless you have far more crew than you can get equipment for. In that case keep piling on defense stats first.
---
Airborne_78 Promo: L3K6D2
#16Chrysoloras(Topic Creator)Posted 5/29/2012 1:46:24 PM
Iam_NyteSong posted...

@ Chrysoloras..Hope ya don't mind mate, but I snuck aboard ta take a peek at yer hold. ya got 17 Tackle, 25 Amulets, 39 Weapons and 30 Cannons that could be sold off easy, ain't nobody using them. spend it all on planks. and get rid of some them Genoa sails! 2 sold = 1 planks.

ya don't need to make yer whole crew holding 5 items each... better to let them available to fetch ye yer lunch than to lower your att/def percentage.

I realize I have some excess supplies. I sell them every night and purchase the top tier items. I started with Carvel Planking and maxed it out, then the dice. After that my defense was maxed, so I started with offense and did genoa sails, and now I'm working on the barrel.

When I sell them at night, the first thing I do is make sure I have about 10 extra Planking, Dice, and Sails so that the crew I add the next day will have something to carry. Then I spend all remaining money buying up barrels. Eventually, the barrels will be maxed, then I'll move on to Cannons. Anyway, about 11:00 - Midnight Central Time, all my excess from to day will be sold to upgrade my crews gear.
---
Chrysoloras
#17Iam_NyteSongPosted 5/29/2012 1:50:44 PM
Chrysoloras, seems I am little to no help to ya me friend. Ye're waaaaay ahead of me in strategy. I know when I'm outgunned! LOL. I bow to a master.
---
NyteSong (K5W2N4)
#18BadparentPosted 5/29/2012 2:32:33 PM
I realize I have some excess supplies. I sell them every night and purchase the top tier items. I started with Carvel Planking and maxed it out, then the dice. After that my defense was maxed, so I started with offense and did genoa sails, and now I'm working on the barrel.

When I sell them at night, the first thing I do is make sure I have about 10 extra Planking, Dice, and Sails so that the crew I add the next day will have something to carry. Then I spend all remaining money buying up barrels. Eventually, the barrels will be maxed, then I'll move on to Cannons. Anyway, about 11:00 - Midnight Central Time, all my excess from to day will be sold to upgrade my crews gear.

Arrr that be what I have been doin all along also, tryin ta keep ya defence up is a busy thing t do. With me defence max out I Still add alot of dice and planking ta cover me new arrivals. I haven't been buyin musc at all for me attack because it be so much greater and I am gifted by me mates alot of da high end items like da sniper cannon and genoa sail. And what little money I have left over from sellin me over stock then buyin me defence I buy me some rum fer a job well done....
---
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies.
I am the Badparent