sea monster contest started!

#121red_headedwenchPosted 7/21/2012 2:22:49 PM
Brycer4texans posted...
I've killed it twice now. Just wondering, is there any way to be able to attack it again and again? And how do I find it quicker? This is my first contest, so I'm a little green.

Add me!!! ----- Texans_all_the_way (code---- j3n9p3)

The glitch that allows you to attack over and over is very random and we're not sure if it shows up on all devices.

My advice - combine a couple of the tips in this thread and be patient! I was lucky enough with Sidheag's ship to stumble onto the mighty glitch with my Droid phone and was able to get four wins in just a few minutes. BUT getting Morvoren's gun on my Kindle Fire proved to be a little harder. I finally managed to get the final three wins this morning by doing the following - a caveat here - this worked for ME on a KINDLE FIRE and I can't guarantee that it'll work for anyone else on another device.

1. FORCE CLOSE your app in whatever way is appropriate for your device. Wait 30 seconds or so and start the game again. With the Kindle I had to turn the silly thing off each time, which slowed this process down quite a bit.

2. Once the game screen comes up, DON'T DO ANYTHING for at least 10 minutes. This is important! (This tip is thanks to NYTESONG)

3. Once your 10 minutes is up, purchase one each of the best offensive and defensive weapon you can for your level. In my case, one Genoa Sail and one Carvel Planking. (this tip is thanks to THE_NEZZLE). Wait to do this until the 10 minutes is up - don't do it first.

4. Go back to the game screen and start cruising slowly up the islands, picking up the flotsam gold along the way. For me, the compass would start shaking almost immediately. Then go find the monster and fight normally. For good measure you can pay to bring your health up to max, but I'm not sure it's really necessary.
If your compass stays still, click on your crew list, send out a few gifts from the gift screen and then go back to the game screen. Most of the time the compass is shaking once you get back.

So, out of a small sample size of four battles, I won three. The one I lost was the one I bought the sail and planking FIRST instead of waiting the 10 minutes.

Now for all I know this would have happened anyway and all that careful prep amounts to pirate superstition. It did work for me though and Morvoren is tickled that she has a special weapon now like her big sister has.

YMMV!
---
Please add Sidheag (code B2F1C1) and/or Morvoren (code V2H5Y4) to your crew!
#122Frits_NLPosted 7/21/2012 3:24:42 PM
Finally got it, and i did not even notice it!

During my last battle I got the "server is not responding" message and was kicked from the battle. I was sure of the win as my offence was higher then it's defense, kinda pissed me off...as i was sure that this meant another long wait.
Reloaded the game to find (to my surprise) 10 victory thingies!!!! And the Octogun in my possession, (looks rather nice next to the treasure chart on the wall)!

What did the trick! Closing and reopening the game, and attacking every time! Not toughing the game or purchasing a defense / offence item did not do anything. The last few battles i saw that i would win as long as my offence was higher then it's defense. Nothing else. my defence vs it's offence did not matter.
---
-
Add: Frits_NL
#123BadparentPosted 7/21/2012 5:43:18 PM
Arrr, finally number 1533....I hate squids

Opus and I are goin back ta da beach fire for a well deserved rest...Nyte put anuthar log on da fire we be comin in..
---
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies.
I am the Badparent
#124YngwieBjornPosted 7/21/2012 5:52:41 PM
Lads and gents, I present to you the 1540th winner, YngwieBjorn.

It took a day and a half but I finally got that octogun.
---
Add me: YngwieBjorn
Promo Code: I5F9V9
#125JikanEXEPosted 7/21/2012 6:24:52 PM
red_headedwench posted...
Brycer4texans posted...
I've killed it twice now. Just wondering, is there any way to be able to attack it again and again? And how do I find it quicker? This is my first contest, so I'm a little green.

Add me!!! ----- Texans_all_the_way (code---- j3n9p3)

The glitch that allows you to attack over and over is very random and we're not sure if it shows up on all devices.

My advice - combine a couple of the tips in this thread and be patient! I was lucky enough with Sidheag's ship to stumble onto the mighty glitch with my Droid phone and was able to get four wins in just a few minutes. BUT getting Morvoren's gun on my Kindle Fire proved to be a little harder. I finally managed to get the final three wins this morning by doing the following - a caveat here - this worked for ME on a KINDLE FIRE and I can't guarantee that it'll work for anyone else on another device.

1. FORCE CLOSE your app in whatever way is appropriate for your device. Wait 30 seconds or so and start the game again. With the Kindle I had to turn the silly thing off each time, which slowed this process down quite a bit.

2. Once the game screen comes up, DON'T DO ANYTHING for at least 10 minutes. This is important! (This tip is thanks to NYTESONG)

3. Once your 10 minutes is up, purchase one each of the best offensive and defensive weapon you can for your level. In my case, one Genoa Sail and one Carvel Planking. (this tip is thanks to THE_NEZZLE). Wait to do this until the 10 minutes is up - don't do it first.

4. Go back to the game screen and start cruising slowly up the islands, picking up the flotsam gold along the way. For me, the compass would start shaking almost immediately. Then go find the monster and fight normally. For good measure you can pay to bring your health up to max, but I'm not sure it's really necessary.
If your compass stays still, click on your crew list, send out a few gifts from the gift screen and then go back to the game screen. Most of the time the compass is shaking once you get back.

So, out of a small sample size of four battles, I won three. The one I lost was the one I bought the sail and planking FIRST instead of waiting the 10 minutes.

Now for all I know this would have happened anyway and all that careful prep amounts to pirate superstition. It did work for me though and Morvoren is tickled that she has a special weapon now like her big sister has.

YMMV!

Every time I encounter him, he kills me in like 2 hits and I do no damage to him.
#126Brycer4texansPosted 7/21/2012 6:27:21 PM
Exiled429 posted...
The contest is harder this time and more annoying because there are only 2000 winners, and more than 1400 have already claimed the prize.

In the last 2 contests I had the glitch when the kraken kept spawning and I could defeat it easily but I haven't had it this time. I've only beaten it 3 times :(

I really want that Octo Gun!

(By the way, I found out a glitch which allows me to send gifts to my crew more than 5 times a day! :D)

_______
Add me: Exiled429
I send gifts at least twice a day!

Hey exiled, how do you get that glitch?

Add me!!! ----texans_all_the_way
My other account----- reasise
#127A_BOATPosted 7/21/2012 8:35:56 PM
Exiled429 posted...

(By the way, I found out a glitch which allows me to send gifts to my crew more than 5 times a day! :D)

_______
Add me: Exiled429
I send gifts at least twice a day!

If you force close and go back on, when you go to bulk gift, your whole crew will show up, but you can only gift once every 24 hrs. The server goes through to see who you have already gifted. This has already been tested. Your crew only receives the first gift, nothing after until it has been 24hrs
#128FULLMOONFRANKPosted 7/22/2012 7:30:08 AM
Aaarrrrggghhhhh.....I give up! Sea monster only showed up about once an hour for me. Even with or without force closing. Got 8 wins since Friday. Contest is closed by now, I guess. Back to pillaging and plunderer....er..er..ing! Methinks the moon is full and the tide is high. Here I come, your time is nigh! Join me......FULLMOONFRANK