new to the game and I some questions

#1CaptainjackdaniPosted 10/22/2012 7:52:41 AM
Hi this is Captain Jack Daniels I just started the game yesterday. I'm at level 15 and I think I'm doing pretty good. I'm playing this game on Android phone so it may differ from you iPhone users.
I have some questions:

Are gifts received automatically or do you have to go accept im somewhere?
If you do have to accept them where do you go?
Is it worth buying the house is?
Why in some battles does the opposing ship fire like ten cannon balls at once?
Should I spend gems to help with getting the hints on the treasure hunts?

Also I need crew members very badly, I gift daily energy or weapons. Please add me - CaptainJackDaniel

Thanks for your help
#2arghjanPosted 10/22/2012 8:51:30 AM
Your gifts are automaticly accepted, but it is important that you have enough crew to equip it with.

Each crew member can be equiped with 1 cannon, 1 weapon, 1 amulet, 1 offensive ships tackle, and 1 defensive ship's tackle.

It is definitely worth buying the houses, because they earn you money and gems.

Please do not spend gems on treasure maps, because the hints will come automaticly as you do quests.

When a ship fires 10 cannonballs at a time, then the opposite ship is probably much bigger then you, you'll see as you grow bigger.

You said you were on android?, there is a topic made by a forum member here called " a present for all of you, well most of them" created by aaarrrrrhhh, look it up, and you will find what you need! ;-)

For more hints go to www.atemate.tumbler.com, there you will find a wonderfull guide made by another forum member here.

I hope this is a little helpfull!
---
Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life
Arghjan and Arghjan2 both daily players who gift the most energy possible!
#3Captainjackdani(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2012 9:18:04 AM
arghjan posted...
Your gifts are automaticly accepted, but it is important that you have enough crew to equip it with.

Each crew member can be equiped with 1 cannon, 1 weapon, 1 amulet, 1 offensive ships tackle, and 1 defensive ship's tackle.

It is definitely worth buying the houses, because they earn you money and gems.

Please do not spend gems on treasure maps, because the hints will come automaticly as you do quests.

When a ship fires 10 cannonballs at a time, then the opposite ship is probably much bigger then you, you'll see as you grow bigger.

You said you were on android?, there is a topic made by a forum member here called " a present for all of you, well most of them" created by aaarrrrrhhh, look it up, and you will find what you need! ;-)

For more hints go to www.atemate.tumbler.com, there you will find a wonderfull guide made by another forum member here.

I hope this is a little helpfull!

Loads of help!!! The only thing is i out performed the opponent I battled in every way, he just shot way more cannonballs and did it more often.
#4Jeff67piratePosted 10/22/2012 9:18:53 AM
Don't forget to put your name on the complete add list. Some people will add you from that list, but your best bet is to start at the top (or bottom) and keep adding. That's what I did when I joined the forum. It pays to be a hard working pirate! ;)

And don't forget about everyone's favorite pirate…alanboaty. Lol
---
jeff67pirate
The great question. which I have not been able to answer... is, "What does a woman want?" Dumas
#5BadparentPosted 10/22/2012 9:31:24 AM
Arrr, I thought I was everyone's favorite pirate...I'm da one wid da cookies an wee little swords and umbrelees...
---
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies.
I am the Badparent (W7D4GZ)
#6MengsaiPosted 10/22/2012 8:56:28 PM
Captainjackdani posted...

Why in some battles does the opposing ship fire like ten cannon balls at once?
Should I spend gems to help with getting the hints on the treasure hunts?

Your questions have been answered by the fine pirates of the board but let me chime in on a few....

The stronger the enemy Attack Number, the faster the reload of cannon fire of the enemy ship on your battle screen.
The stronger the enemy Defense Number, the faster the enemy ship is on your battle screen, (Your movement buttons reload slower than the enemy's).

So if you attack a ship with more Attack than you, that's why you see massive cannon fire comin' yer way.
If you attack a ship with more Defense than you, your movement buttons will reload more slowly than your opponent and it will be hard to dodge cannon fire.

I preferred having an equal Defense number as my Attack which allows you to take damage if your opponent has the same attack as you. This helps you not get ravaged due to the Battle System of pitting fair opponents to your stats. I maintained that to about 500K at which point I learned there were Titanus Blasters and Genoa Sails to be found on the treasure maps, then my Attack was growing faster than my Defense. har har har

Save your gems for only reallocating points for an energy boost (deplete to 25 and recharge to full, for 5 gems) or for Mercs. I don't recommend buying Titanus Blasters or Nana's Drachmas since for 100 of each you get only 100,000 attack for 9000 gems or 50,000 defense for 7000 gems. If you spent that on Mercs you'd get more attack and defense once those crew are maxed. Then again you can add crew for free so use gems to save time with Energy banks for quests and treasure hunting. =)
---
Mengsai
(Yarr Level 200, Highest Swashbuckling Items Daily Gifter) Promo Code: X1E4T7
#7thejohnhenryPosted 10/22/2012 9:01:27 PM
Captainjackdani posted...

Also I need crew members very badly, I gift daily energy or weapons. Please add me - CaptainJackDaniel

If you need crew SEND OUT INVITES. Don't just add your name to the "Add List" thread. Be proactive. Send your own invites.

The following threads have names of other players that you can send invites to:
"New Complete Add List"
"List of Pirates to add from the Beta Test..."
"I'm bored, seeing how many invites..."

Also, for more names, go to:
Aaarrrrrhhhs Alternative Leaderboard
and the PotC MotS Facebook page

There. That's well over 10,000 names. Get to invitin'

(Alternately, get some Fairydust and buy a bunch of mercenaries.)
#8nderwaterPosted 10/23/2012 6:09:34 AM
There's some great advice in this thread. As already mentioned, your strength in this game is directly related to the size of your crew - more is always better, so invite all you can!

I've posted lots of advice in my guide for new players. Copy the link from my sig below for the info.
---
AteMate --- Level 200 Daily Gifter --- Master of the Seas Game Guide: www.atemate.tumblr.com
#9arghjanPosted 10/23/2012 6:24:50 AM(edited)
nderwater posted...
There's some great advice in this thread. As already mentioned, your strength in this game is directly related to the size of your crew - more is always better, so invite all you can!

I've posted lots of advice in my guide for new players. Copy the link from my sig below for the info.

Oh my bad, i mentioned your guide in my previous message, but now i see i spelled it wrong.

Sorry for that.
---
Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life
#10arghjanPosted 10/23/2012 6:28:39 AM
Badparent posted...
Arrr, I thought I was everyone's favorite pirate...I'm da one wid da cookies an wee little swords and umbrelees...

You will always be my favourite pirate (comforts BadParent by tapping him lightly on his head) ;-)
---