This or FO3:GOTY?

#1Crow_67Posted 4/20/2012 9:19:27 PM
I want to try a Fallout game, and will probably only get one (time limitations and all, somewhat busy in life now).

I hear New Vegas is the one with better writing/roleplaying/story/characters
While Fallout 3 has atmosphere/better location

I am leaning towards New Vegas because I prefer roleplaying/writing more, but I wanna know, with the Ultimate Edition how's the location now? I assume they add more places and all that..

Thanks in advance!
#2fredw1019Posted 4/26/2012 5:58:56 PM
cant go wrong either way but for some reason fo3 seems longer..............(insert joke here)...............
---
gamertag - fredBnice
#3Crow_67(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2012 10:36:11 PM(edited)
Thank you (finally a reply!). Though.. I wanna know more about the setting/location. How's the *location* (the atmosphere, and the significance of the location) in NV Ultimate Edition compared to Fallout 3 GOTY?

Don't worry about story, from the stuff I've looked into I think I am interested in New Vegas story. I'd like to know what the setting feels like with the add-ons in Ultimate Edition (when compared to Fallout 3 GOTY). Basically.. which "world" would you rather be in?
#4bill_z_bobPosted 4/29/2012 11:15:09 AM
If I could only pick one, it would be Fallout 3. It truly felt like you were in a post apocalyptic world. Exploring ruined cities is awesome. New Vegas doesn't have that nuclear wasteland feeling.
---
#5Grogg183Posted 4/30/2012 2:56:30 AM
I would say FO3 game of the Year Edition New Vegas unlimited is not bad but like the other post FO3 just feels more Wastlandish to me
#6Tidus9927Posted 4/30/2012 1:25:36 PM
Definitely FO3. It's cheaper and the DLC's are better ,longer and more varied than FNV.

Just don't play Mothership Zeta. Don't.
---
"well if i remember i think the Kirby games psychologically damaged me the most" xrsx29
#7mkavanagh43Posted 5/1/2012 9:22:27 PM

Fallout 3 has to win for setting, hands down. The Mojave desert is downright depressing in its bland landscape, although they seemed to have realized this by the time they made the DLC, which had some much more interesting settings.

But nothing beats Fallout 3's game and DLC settings. I just wish they had the storytelling and better RPG elements of New Vegas to go with it.

#8CloudKiller01Posted 6/1/2012 11:08:24 AM
Like the others already said, FO3: GOTY Edition is where it's at. I would give both games a 10 easy, but FO3 gives you an eerie sense of something always going on behind the scenes that you don't know about yet. NV lacks a bit of that IMO.
---
The Witches are crying because when Chuck Norris wants something....he gets it.
DaemonFyre From the Left 4 Dead message boards.
#9Ctrl_Alt_DeathPosted 6/2/2012 10:53:30 AM
Fallout 3 in terms of environment. New Vegas was just bland; what's the difference between a regular desert and a irradiated one? And when I saw the Washington Monument for the first time. Chills.
---
"I feel more normal already! Crab-walk home?"
#10_LordAndSaviorPosted 6/12/2012 6:46:44 PM
They are both amazing, and I will tell you this now after you play one you will have to play the other, the games are both simply amazing, and you won't get enough.

I'v done a couple of playthroughs in each game I say get Fallout 3 because it extremly cheap right now and the afterwards play New Vegas but I'll tell you which ever way you go you can't go wrong. It's like asking me to pick who is my favorite brother, you'll love them both.
---
Will not change this sig, until Carlito is a World Champion! 7/10/11 (Unofficial Date: 6/11/05)
R.I.P Shauwk, Gone but Never Forgotten. You will be missed.