The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

How is the PS3 version?

#1kentuckybobPosted 3/18/2012 5:47:32 AM
How is the PS3 version of the ultimate edition? I hear it lags like crazy after a certain amount of time. I want to buy this but dont want to buy a broken, unplayable game. Is it worth buying?
---
"You know what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like this?"
#2Ehhhhhhhhh89Posted 3/18/2012 10:18:32 AM
Well I just bought it yesterday and yes it does lag like crazy after a certain amount of time, but so did the original. The cure for that is simply turning the game off and restarting it. It's not unplayable by any means, atleast from my experience, and the extra stuff is pretty cool. I say get the game because it's just as playable as the original and you start off a lot better. I haven't touched the DLC yet, but i'm looking forward to lonesome road.
---
PSN:omegachuck23 " Failure will spell doom for all mankind" Roy Campbell
#3kentuckybob(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2012 11:34:54 AM
How long are we talking? like after 1 hour does it start to lag?

What about long term players? like does the lag come often after 80 or so hours?

Is this as unstable as fallout 3 GOTY or worse?
---
#4Ehhhhhhhhh89Posted 3/18/2012 11:43:51 AM
With me, crazy lag happens about every 3 or 4 hours of gameplay. As far as long term playing, this is my first time playing the Ultimate Edition, but there are people on this board that have completed the game, DLC and all, so i assume that long term players can get enjoyment out of this. I never played fallout 3 GotY, but i did hear that the lag was atrocious. Everyone has a different experience with this game, but mine is pretty good so far.
---
PSN:omegachuck23 " Failure will spell doom for all mankind" Roy Campbell
#5kentuckybob(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2012 12:09:08 PM
^ thankyou friend, you have been very helpful.
---
#6MelvinSmileyPosted 3/22/2012 11:26:54 PM
I'm at nearly 80 hours, and it's getting to the point where I can't get from 1 town to the next without the frame rate dropping to 1 per 5 seconds.

I am really enjoying the game though, just gets frustrating having to restart the system every 10 minutes.
---
If it can't be fixed with pantyhose and fencing wire, it's not worth fixing.
PSN: PointHrO STEAM: PointhrO
#7kentuckybob(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2012 8:25:58 AM
Melvin Smiley posted...
I'm at nearly 80 hours, and it's getting to the point where I can't get from 1 town to the next without the frame rate dropping to 1 per 5 seconds.

I am really enjoying the game though, just gets frustrating having to restart the system every 10 minutes.

Lets say you just turn the console on, how long until the lag hits?

FNV:UE basically sounds like Skyrim pre-patched. Am I right in this assertion?
---
#8MelvinSmileyPosted 3/25/2012 5:44:31 PM
100% correct.

I just then started a game to try and progress, I lasted a whole 4 minutes before I had to restart my system due to a freeze.

I actually have a running tally in my comment box on psn of the freezes lol
---
If it can't be fixed with pantyhose and fencing wire, it's not worth fixing.
PSN: PointHrO STEAM: PointhrO
#9SamcittPosted 3/30/2012 1:06:14 PM
On my PS3 the game plays quite well. It does lag in a few occasions (and only a few) but these have all seemed to be resolved via saving, quitting back to PS3 main menu and restarting.
#10TheBluntTruthPosted 4/14/2012 3:54:55 PM
The same as any other version. If it starts lagging, save the game. If it freezes completely, restart your console. Not a permanent fix, but it's effective.