Gat vs. Boss

#31mfv12979Posted 8/27/2013 5:17:09 PM
I don't even remember how many times Gat says "don't worry about me you go on ahead I'll handle this". Gat tends to do things on his own while the boss take on a bigger fish. and people wonder why he gets hurt a lot.
---
copy ninja Kakashi has copied a thousand jutsu and i'm going to use them to their fullest Extent! - Kakashi Sensei Ep 266
#32ninjitsubob1Posted 8/27/2013 5:24:12 PM
Social_Sin posted...
TheBigRich posted...
VandorLee posted...
Apparently, this was just ignored and we'll continue to argue based around extreme fanboyism for Gat.

You have to throw in the fact that the boss loves Johnny like a brother and would have trouble killing him.

You also have to throw in the fact that they aren't going to lay out the character you are playing for a set amount of missions. It would be a pretty boring sitting in the hospital waiting for your crew to finish up the other missions leading up to the hospital escape.

Of course the protagonist is going to be on top in a gaming scenario in which we're playing as them. As two separate individuals outside the constraints of the "game world" and canon of having to make sure your character always comes out on top I feel Gat would have the slight combat edge, as much as I love the boss.

i don't even know what this means....If you take batman out of comic book context, he's just a dude in a goofy costume who doesn't use guns...gat would take him out too. but if you take gat out of game context...he'd be dead from all the damage he's suffered.
---
www.whatwedoradio.com We're Entertaining...enough. SUBSCRIBE ON ITUNES!
#33I have no namePosted 8/27/2013 5:38:28 PM
BiggyDX posted...
Wouldn't Gat be the strongest since...

(Spoiler)

When Gat gives his story about how he was taken by Zinyak, the argument then comes up with Shaundi or Pierce saying that because Zinyak captured him early before the initial invasion it meant that he felt that Gat was more of a threat than the Boss.

Obviously Zinyak didn't have the best judgment seeing as....

SPOILER

The Boss ripped his head off, took over his empire, and banged his favorite author just to spite him.

The Boss went from street thug to galactic ****ing emperor by sheer badassery. Johnny Gat would be crushed like an insect if he ever got on the Boss' bad side.

---
Please give generously to the 'Make The Lovely Aimi MacDonald a Rich Lady' fund. Send your contributions, however large, to me The Lovely Aimi MacDonald.
#34TopdrunkeePosted 8/27/2013 5:40:43 PM
i don't even know what this means....If you take batman out of comic book context, he's just a dude in a goofy costume who doesn't use guns...gat would take him out too. but if you take gat out of game context...he'd be dead from all the damage he's suffered.

He's referring to play mechanics. They're not going to pull a rockstar and force you to play as The Boss's random son no one cares about or The Boss's random WW II butt buddy like in Red Dead Redemption & L.A. Noire.

As for the topic, Gat probably wins out on raw fighting ability but The Boss is top tier everything else.
Gat is just some Hong Kong 80s action film badass. The Boss completely defies all logic. There's no logical reason as to how The Boss survived Saints Row 1's ending, he just did, coz he's badass.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/BoozeAholic
#35VandorLeePosted 8/27/2013 5:54:00 PM
I would think that this is like Batman vs Superman where the Boss is Batman and Gat is Superman.

Logically youd think superman would easily win but Batman wins because of.....something! Gadgets or kryptonite or something.

Theyd have Boss win because of "plot device" when its really because hes the main character so he has to win.

Other than what youve personally done vs what gats done which someone pointed out, we really have no comparison to make.

Gat says something like "the boss could do anything" which im paraphrasing a lot, in one of his audio's. I just take it to mean that if he WANTED to kill Gat he COULD but again, theres nothing much to use for comparing who would win.

If the Boss is looked up to and or well respected by Gat the super bad ass and by definition is his boss, and also the main character, then i have to side with Boss.
---
"God didn't create humans... No!, Its humans who created God"
"Dr. Londez, "Cowboy Bebop: Brain Scratch (#1.23)" (1999)
#36jaytheultimatePosted 8/27/2013 5:58:21 PM
Why fight, how about Gat & female boss love... World goes boom.
---
(X) Northwind Supra - Console and PC gamer
(V) (;,,;) (V) Zoidberg FTW
#37ninjitsubob1Posted 8/27/2013 6:17:08 PM
I get that he's reffering to play mechanics...but play mechanics and canon don't coincide...in canon...the boss is way better than johnny gat...it doesn't matter if you're always playing as the boss...what the boss does...is what happens...what johnny does in the story...is what happens...and evidence shows that the boss is a far tougher dude than johnny.
---
www.whatwedoradio.com We're Entertaining...enough. SUBSCRIBE ON ITUNES!
#38TheBigRichPosted 8/27/2013 6:21:08 PM
ninjitsubob1 posted...
i would hope johnny would feel the same way.

Johnny cares about him but they also hinted that Gat kind of blames the boss for Aisha.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibm3xEWMGIjfHg.gif http://i.imgur.com/9gNcUGM.gif
-CE's Official Dudeist Priest
#39TKDBoy1889Posted 8/27/2013 6:27:30 PM
TheBigRich posted...
ninjitsubob1 posted...
i would hope johnny would feel the same way.

Johnny cares about him but they also hinted that Gat kind of blames the boss for Aisha.

Which game? I don't recal any implications that Gat harbored any sort of blame towards the boss.
#40TheBigRichPosted 8/27/2013 6:36:55 PM
TKDBoy1889 posted...
Which game? I don't recal any implications that Gat harbored any sort of blame towards the boss.

Not just the boss. They imply that he blames himself, the boss, and the Saints as a whole for her death.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibm3xEWMGIjfHg.gif http://i.imgur.com/9gNcUGM.gif
-CE's Official Dudeist Priest