Voice acting

#1spyder9899Posted 12/3/2013 3:52:46 AM
To me the only true voice for the boss is male voice 1. He has done an AMAZING job in the last couple games. His performances (especially in SR3) was perfect. So good that I just cant play with any other.
#2XclaimPosted 12/3/2013 8:31:51 AM
Agreed. I've been a fan of Troy Baker for a few years now, and he's my go-to guy when playing the Boss. His absence in SR2 is one of the reasons that game falls short for me compared to 3 and 4.
---
"Jean and Emma are not trained killers. I fear nothing but failure." - Psylocke, X-Men Legends
#3CykloneTigerPosted 12/3/2013 11:29:40 AM
Well, according to Troy Baker, Laura Bailey (female 1) was the best voice. In SR3, he was the "template voice" and all the other VAs for the Boss had to match his timing. In SR4, Laura Bailey was the template and the other VAs for the boss had to match her timing.

Proof here:
http://youtu.be/6qxK9wh_KOk?t=16m25s
---
I like what I do, I do what I like
I can quit and get it back like I'm ridin' a bike
#4spyder9899(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2013 8:59:27 PM
I'll have to try hers out sometime. If I make a female boss, it'll be her voice I choose.
#5_Shuyin_Posted 12/4/2013 12:43:43 AM
CykloneTiger posted...
Well, according to Troy Baker, Laura Bailey (female 1) was the best voice. In SR3, he was the "template voice" and all the other VAs for the Boss had to match his timing. In SR4, Laura Bailey was the template and the other VAs for the boss had to match her timing.

Proof here:
http://youtu.be/6qxK9wh_KOk?t=16m25s

Really weird since Troy Baker's boss has kind of become like Default Male Shepard from the Mass Effect games, being on the trailers and box art of the games.

Laura is one of my favourite voice actors though. Very sexy voice, and she's easy on the eyes to boot. Too bad she seems rather underrated.
---
"In a world without gold, we might have been heroes"
~ Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
#6XclaimPosted 12/4/2013 8:06:47 AM
_Shuyin_ posted...
Really weird since Troy Baker's boss has kind of become like Default Male Shepard from the Mass Effect games, being on the trailers and box art of the games.

Right? I've gotten so attached/used to the Boss' portrayal in the trailers and ads, that with the exception of a few tattoos and 30% more muscle, I've kept him exactly the same.
---
"Jean and Emma are not trained killers. I fear nothing but failure." - Psylocke, X-Men Legends
#7Unable2ConnectPosted 12/4/2013 10:07:30 AM
Am I just having a weird glitch, or did they cut a lot of Troy Baker's dialogue from 3 for stuff like jacking cars in this?

I've gone back to playing this one ready for the new DLC and he's just completely silent when hi-jacking anything. I miss his funny comments he'd make in the third.

---
#8enterthemadroxPosted 12/7/2013 4:33:26 PM
I've used Bailey for the last two SR games so...

I find her voice so alluring and really cool to listen to.
---
"If you don't like something, don't watch it again. Why whinge about it on a forum to a load of divs? Don't worry about it." - Karl Pilkington
#9XclaimPosted 12/7/2013 9:48:27 PM
Unable2Connect posted...
Am I just having a weird glitch, or did they cut a lot of Troy Baker's dialogue from 3 for stuff like jacking cars in this?

I've gone back to playing this one ready for the new DLC and he's just completely silent when hi-jacking anything. I miss his funny comments he'd make in the third.

No, he still makes comments when stealing vehicles. In fact, I specifically remember him making a Sons of Anarchy reference when stealing someone's motorcycle.
---
#10Unable2ConnectPosted 12/8/2013 7:13:42 AM
I thought there should be something there, I remember using the Nolan North voice and him having comments for it.

What about stuff like lines when dismissing people and bumping into people on the street? All that seems to be gone too.

---