Create a stadium?

#1evans244Posted 3/8/2012 1:02:46 PM
This might sound like a dumb question but I'm brand new to The Show, getting it tonight, and was just curious in Franchise mode if in the off season you have the option build a new stadium?

I believe in MVP that was an option and I really want to do a Blue Jays franchise but just get so sick of playing in their boring stadium lol

Thanks guys
#2dutch4404Posted 3/8/2012 1:09:56 PM
No u can't build a stadium
#3harbol9zzPosted 3/15/2012 2:21:43 PM
I can understand the lack of create a team (even though i wish they would add this feature) but for a game that claims to be so realistic the lack of building a new stadium is odd

Every Current franchise in the real majors is able to build a new stadium if they want to and they have both the funds and the ownership of land. MLB 13 should add the build a new stadium feature into franchise mode, You would obviously need to raise the funds or take out a loan, but It should be an added feature

I love playing as Toronto but I wish that since i own the franchise i could get the hell out of The boring ass rogers center and play in a new park with actual grass
#4JCTiggsPosted 3/16/2012 3:13:54 AM
I completely agree. Skydome aka Rogers Center is officially the ugliest MLB baseball stadium (now that the Marlins and Twins have their new ball parks :-)
#5dutch4404Posted 3/16/2012 4:42:26 AM
Its a baseball game. Not an archetechure(can't spell) sim. Install CAD on your comp and build whatever u want. There's enough stadiums in the game. There's no room left to add entire new build engines. Remember the ps1 days when games came with like 4 discs? That's what it would take to add everything evedryone wants. And it would prob cost $120.
#6bguy9Posted 3/27/2012 12:31:54 AM
dutch4404 posted...
Its a baseball game. Not an archetechure(can't spell) sim. Install CAD on your comp and build whatever u want. There's enough stadiums in the game. There's no room left to add entire new build engines. Remember the ps1 days when games came with like 4 discs? That's what it would take to add everything evedryone wants. And it would prob cost $120.

Madden has a stadium builder. This would drastically improve and add a lot of cool customization to Franchise and they should really add it to future installations of the game. I dunno where you were going with saying there's not enough space on the disc to have a stadium builder added, but you're completely wrong. And they wouldn't have to charge 120 bucks to add a stadium creator in it, that isn't even logical.
#7dutch4404Posted 3/27/2012 5:54:26 AM
Well madden has been awful for like 5 years now so let's not strive to be madden. Plus all your doing in madden is changing graphics on the walls. Making a playable baseball field with dimensions is harder.
#8harbol9zzPosted 3/28/2012 3:10:32 PM
I would think Create a stadium is at the top of the list in terms of things fans want added. It's only a matter of time before they include it. We can only hope it's added sooner rather then later...how's about MLB 13?
#9dutch4404Posted 3/29/2012 4:37:55 AM
Well I can promise u it won't be in 13. So don't hold your breathe. And its at the bottom of my list of hopeful additions. So speak for yourself. Anyone who plays rtts will never use it. Anyone who plays online will never use it. So for the 1/3 of the people who play the show for franchise, maybe half of them would use it?