Guess pitch. Things you may not know.

#1phillyeagleflysPosted 3/12/2012 3:58:12 AM
With default guess pitch, if you guess an area correctly, your PCI (plate coverage indicator will lock in to a zone. You think you are done aiming, but you are wrong. If you just swing, you will swing to the middle of the locked in zone you are aiming for. If the pitch goes to the upper part of the locked zone, and you swing through the middle, you will likely hit a lazy fly for an easy out. Ball goes to the bottom of the locked zone, and you beat it into the ground. What most people don't do is reaim within the zone. If you see the pitch is up in the locked in area, you should aim up to get the most flush contact. Ball to the outer half of the locked in area. Aim to the outside, if the timing is right you should get flush contact. Etc etc.

Classic guess pitch will tell you exact location for guessing correctly. I personally don't use this, and only use default, but figure this info might help those struggling.
---
For Leagues without Cheese. www.SimulationGeneration.com
XBL mattman1228
#2randy_123rPosted 3/12/2012 4:59:30 AM
Is this for the zone analog type hitting? What if I just use the pure analog type hitting? I'm kinda new the The Show, so hitting is still a mystery to me.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/SaintMusik GT: Saint Muzik
http://i42.tinypic.com/2j5ndxz.gif http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o103/Flow05/hmm.jpg
#3nuschler2212Posted 3/12/2012 5:16:28 AM
Excellent info. Thanks!
#4phillyeagleflys(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2012 6:40:41 AM(edited)
This is for zone or zone analog. Me personally, I am a zone guy. There is only 1 game I liked the analog hitting, and that was ncaa mvp 06/07. Pure analog, and timing, the CPU controls your PCI. I prefer to control that myself. Once you know the ins and outs of zone, it becomes easier to hit. I still have my games where I can't hit to save my life, but I also understand the feedback after every pitch, and I understand why I got a good swing or not.

Also you don't have to center up on everything. On outside pitches, I like the PCI sweet spot to be slightly inside the pitch. This way with perfect timing, you are naturally driving the ball to opposite field. The opposite with inside pitches. I like to be slightly outside on them, so with perfect timing, you turn on it, and pull it with power.
---
XBL mattman1228
#5riotpatPosted 3/12/2012 11:17:36 AM
Guess pitch online is for weak players.
#6patriot_14Posted 3/12/2012 11:26:06 AM
One thing I have noticed is that when I get both the location and pitch matched up, I get so jacked about crushing the swing button that I jerk the controller and move the L3 stick. Many times when I have "missed" the pitch it's because of this.
#7phillyeagleflys(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2012 12:43:40 PM
guess pitch classic i agree is for weak players. guess pitch default can actually make you chase some bad pitches. since it will go off whether the pitch is a strike or not, just as long as it is in that area. Still online ingeneral with the disappearing ball isn't that good. psn is just way too laggy to handle baseball. thats the only thing the other game got right on 360. timing was actually half way decent.
---
XBL mattman1228