is it impossible to get hits?

#11rswsc0407Posted 6/8/2012 7:24:45 AM
Tainted_ posted...
The moment I decided to stop using the guess pitch feature and just watch the ball and hit it like in the baseball games of my youth I started hitting much better. I think the penalties for guessing the pitch and/or location incorrectly are much worse in this game, or the benefits for guessing correctly aren't as good as in past iterations.

You won't swing and miss at as many out of the zone but correctly guessed pitches, and I found it greatly improved my pitch recognition ability as I really didn't realize how much of a crutch the guess pitch feature had become for me until I stopped using it.

Trust me-- take the leap and stop guessing pitches. Just watch the ball and if it's getting enough of the plate, let 'er rip!

Eventually you can figure out what parts of the zone you're better at hitting balls in and you can from then on be even more selective-- looking not only for strikes, but THAT strike that you're going to hit out of the park. For me it's outside fastballs. If they're high, I tend to wait on them and go opposite field-- I probably hit most of my fastball homers to opposite field. If they're low, however, I find it easier to pull them almost right down the line. And then anything offspeed in the zone is just a matter of being patient and unloading on it at the last second. I smack hanging sliders/change ups/breaking balls to all fields for homers, and I find they're the easiest to hit out of the park because the pitcher has typically made a mistake in location and as long as you're patient and wait to unload on it, it'll go boom.

^This is so true, I also started hitting even better than I already was when I turned guess pitch off. I have no idea why I waited this long to do this. Also since no one has mentioned this yet in this topic, if you are going to use guess pitch don't use 1/4, it's broken apparently.
---
Red Sox World Series Champions 2004 & 2007= My ID. PSN ID- rswsc0407