Import RTTS player from '11?

#1ro_ninPosted 6/7/2012 5:29:32 PM
Hey all, I picked up '11 late last year and I've got 2 seasons in the majors under my belt (No simming) and I was interested in buying '12 now that I'm really starting to get the hang of it.

What I'm wondering is if I'll be able to import my RTTS player from '11 and play from the same point in '12?

With the amount of time I've put in to this point I'd hate to start over when my RTTS player is only 21 and has a whole career ahead of him. If it doesn't import I'll probably stick with '11 for the rest of the year and wait for '13.

Thanks guys.
#2alienfreaks04Posted 6/7/2012 6:11:00 PM
I dont have 12. But Ive been playing with my '10 players cuz I didnt want to start over in '11. I tried it for the new system for a bit, but I still play with my '10 guys.
---
My signature is better than yours.
#3FishBelly13Posted 6/7/2012 7:25:04 PM
You have to restart with new versions of the game.
#4ro_nin(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2012 7:35:56 PM
FishBelly13 posted...

Ahh that sort of sucks. Seems like it'd be a nice option to have that would encourage upgrading to the newest year.

Thanks for the answer though, much appreciated.
#5BJaco0678Posted 6/8/2012 11:09:00 PM
ro_nin posted...
FishBelly13 posted...

Ahh that sort of sucks. Seems like it'd be a nice option to have that would encourage upgrading to the newest year.

So are the roster updates, new stadiums this year, next years moving of the astro's to the AL and the new wildcard system...
---
PSN: The83RedBull
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed 3 times out of 10 and be considered a good performer -Ted Williams G.O.A.T.
#6FishBelly13Posted 6/9/2012 1:50:09 AM
So are the roster updates, new stadiums this year, next years moving of the astro's to the AL and the new wildcard system...

Not exactly a ringing endorsement since they should have already found a way to add in the extra playoff teams into 12 by now.
#7ro_nin(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2012 5:35:58 PM
BJaco0678 posted...
ro_nin posted...
FishBelly13 posted...

Apparently those updates aren't enough, because I will be skipping this year. If I could import my RTTS player I'd have gone and bought it a couple days ago.

They designed a mode that can take you years to complete and then don't give you the option to import the player to the next years game. It's their success in creating a great RTTS experience which is holding me back from upgrading and putting $60 in their pockets.
#8FishBelly13Posted 6/9/2012 6:28:08 PM
don't give you the option to import the player to the next years game

I honestly don't get how people expect this though in sports games. I usually play every game, and can get into like 3-4 years in easily before the next version comes out......8-10 if I play hardcore. Do you want to only play one season per year? If so, then what happens to all the trades, free agent signings, stats from that year? Do you keep those, or do you reset to real MLB numbers/rosters with the new version?
#9ro_nin(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2012 6:47:17 PM
FishBelly13 posted...

I honestly don't get how people expect this though in sports games. I usually play every game, and can get into like 3-4 years in easily before the next version comes out......8-10 if I play hardcore. Do you want to only play one season per year? If so, then what happens to all the trades, free agent signings, stats from that year? Do you keep those, or do you reset to real MLB numbers/rosters with the new version?

Well I play every game as well and I'd like to be able to play the entire career from start to retirement. I've played maybe 1500 at bats (not counting spring training) in the last 6 months and my player is only in his 2nd full year in the majors. He's 21 or 22 and I imagine he could play into his 30's barring injury. That would take me like another few years at least.

I'd expect that an import system could bring in the player, and all the data that goes along with it, so that you'd still be playing with your old stats/trades/rosters etc. So basically you'd just get the new game for the new mechanics/ballparks etc but keep the core of your career intact.

There are probably some differences in how it creates the database from year to year but they could write a tool to convert old saves into new ones. You can do this in a lot of modes on the NHL series so you don't lose what you've worked on.

I mean it's not a huge deal, I'll just wait until the next year, but it would be a nice addition, and would have gotten them at least one more sale this year.
#10vsalinas005Posted 6/9/2012 7:30:39 PM
ro_nin posted...
FishBelly13 posted...

Well I play every game as well and I'd like to be able to play the entire career from start to retirement. I've played maybe 1500 at bats (not counting spring training) in the last 6 months and my player is only in his 2nd full year in the majors. He's 21 or 22 and I imagine he could play into his 30's barring injury. That would take me like another few years at least.

I'd expect that an import system could bring in the player, and all the data that goes along with it, so that you'd still be playing with your old stats/trades/rosters etc. So basically you'd just get the new game for the new mechanics/ballparks etc but keep the core of your career intact.

There are probably some differences in how it creates the database from year to year but they could write a tool to convert old saves into new ones. You can do this in a lot of modes on the NHL series so you don't lose what you've worked on.

I mean it's not a huge deal, I'll just wait until the next year, but it would be a nice addition, and would have gotten them at least one more sale this year.

But then you'd have a player that logically aged one year, but due to having played his career to 10 years into the future, he'll have aged faster than what would be considered possible, effectively causing a Time Paradox.

Less confusing way of saying that is:
Your player's career would be drastically shorter in the "updated" file due to age since it would be tracking all of the data that would be necessary for importing, and would give no option to edit the data to make him younger.

The only way that I can see this being plausible is if there was an unalterable "hidden" save like for Mass Effect where it will just use it when you select a player from an older game and allow you the option to continue playing with the knowledge that it isn't going to be tracked what so ever, but even then, the roster data for the file could be fubar'd as the former minor league CaP's are changed to reflect the actual player the season afterwards and so on and so forth.