What should I do first?

#1hurley4Posted 4/15/2013 7:57:24 AM
I just picked up this game. I don't watch baseball nor do I fully understand it. Where should I start with this game?
---
PSN: ChristianFour
#2hurley4(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 7:50:02 AM
Wow, this game is awful, who wants it? Baseball is just as boring on a VG than on TV.
---
#3catecholaminesPosted 4/16/2013 4:30:19 PM
Yes, people who hate baseball ALSO hate baseball video games. Thanks for the strong contribution. Go post on a board where your words may actually have purpose... trolling is pretty weak dude.

Back on topic: I love baseball, and I enjoy this game quite a bit. I would suggest playing some exhibition games with the difficulty set to rookie. The game will provide some in-game tips, but what's really cool is the 'strategy guide' found in the menu... it literally breaks it down completely for those who don't know the game, while offering more advanced tutorials for those at a more familiar level.

The amount of info provided in the 'strategy guide' and 'transaction handbook' found in the menus is stellar. Give it a shot. It's a complex game (baseball in general), with a subtlety that some perceive as boring. You be the judge... but hitting a major league fastball is the hardest thing in all of the common American sports. A curved bat and a round ball take a lot of skill to connect correctly - and the best still fail 7 out of 10 times.

*Heads for the ps3 and boots up the game*
---
My name is my obsession... controlling these molecules and creating a suitable life.
#4catecholaminesPosted 4/16/2013 4:34:25 PM
Hmmm.... I didn't realize you were the topic creator, and topic destroyer... sorry for assuming you were a troll. It seems like you got frustrated pretty quick (it happens).

Anywho, my advice still holds true, but maybe you should buy games that relate to something you don't hate.... I don't know, still a little confused about the two posts....
---
My name is my obsession... controlling these molecules and creating a suitable life.
#5Eightlie33Posted 4/18/2013 9:32:11 PM
This has to be the most pointless topic of all time.
---
http://www.last.fm/music/Youth+Canoe
#6hurley4(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 2:26:32 PM
catecholamines posted...
Hmmm.... I didn't realize you were the topic creator, and topic destroyer... sorry for assuming you were a troll. It seems like you got frustrated pretty quick (it happens).

Anywho, my advice still holds true, but maybe you should buy games that relate to something you don't hate.... I don't know, still a little confused about the two posts....

Lol, and I thought I was going to have to point out how ridiculous calling me a troll was. Yes, I almost always only buy games that I know I will like, but I really wanted to get into baseball as my local team finally has a chance. I tried Rookie on an exhibition game, and I just couldn't get a base, I felt like I was really missing something and that pressing X was just not enough to hit the ball.
---
#7peace69Posted 4/22/2013 12:13:29 PM
hurley4 posted...
catecholamines posted...

Lol, and I thought I was going to have to point out how ridiculous calling me a troll was. Yes, I almost always only buy games that I know I will like, but I really wanted to get into baseball as my local team finally has a chance. I tried Rookie on an exhibition game, and I just couldn't get a base, I felt like I was really missing something and that pressing X was just not enough to hit the ball.

Go to settings and change hitting to timing only. Then you only need to swing with x, o, or square.