Traded in the middle of the AAA playoffs...

#1SirusRiddlerPosted 3/17/2012 3:53:02 PM
Just an anecdote of my experience playing a bit yesterday.

So my RTTS player just got assigned to be the full time closer for the Buffalo Bisons (big Mets fan here) as the playoffs start. I close out the first game with three strikeouts to give them the win. I'm feeling good and ready to dominate the next games then...I get traded to the Tucson Padres along with another relief pitcher.

Uhhh...what!? So much for my career with the Mets....

The good thing is that they were also in the playoffs so I had no choice but to just do my best. I lead the Padres to the championship game where I face...the Buffalo Bisons. Not gonna lie, it felt good to strikeout the side against my former teammates. Shouldn't have traded me otherwise they would still have a future All Star closer.

That said, I didn't immediately sign the Padre's one-year offer but I was forced to sign it come March. :/ Fingers crossed that the Mets pick me up again in the future...
---
"Even I'm eatable! But that, my children, is called cannibalism; and that is frowned upon in most societies." - Willy Wonka
#2SirusRiddler(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2012 4:01:23 PM
And now that I think about it, that trade is exactly the kind of boneheaded decisions the Mets organization makes all the time. This game is too realistic at times.
---
"Even I'm eatable! But that, my children, is called cannibalism; and that is frowned upon in most societies." - Willy Wonka
#3mess98Posted 3/18/2012 5:01:28 AM
Have you gone through your arb. years yet? You might be stuck in Tucson longer than you want...
---
Now playing: Battlefield 3 (360), MLB 12 The Show (Vita)
#4BeasthuntPosted 3/18/2012 5:29:14 AM
I meant to choose the Orioles as my team, accidentally chose another team. Seems as soon as you are getting close to the league leader in your position, you get traded. Ive been traded twice. Now I'm on the Bravest AAA team. I hope the O's pick me up one day.
---
Gamertag: Beasthunt, PSN: Beasthunt.
Acts 2:38
#5SirusRiddler(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2012 9:16:18 AM
I was playing last night and was in the middle of a 11-game win streak for Tuscon. I'm their elite AAA All Star closer once again.

Then they trade me to the Yankees for Derek goddamn Jeter.

So they throw me to the bottom of the barrel that is their Scranton affiliation. Fortunately, it doesn't take long to realize that I'm worth more than that so I got called up to the majors as part of their 25-man roster. Not as a closer since apparently Brian Fuentes has got that locked down so pitching more than one inning has been interesting for my guy. Off to a not so bad start, however. The team is doing a good job at keeping the Wild Card spot at least.

From a baseball player standpoint, suddenly playing for the New York Yankees is a huge deal but as a Mets fan...ugh.
---
#6mess98Posted 3/18/2012 7:55:01 PM
PhoenixOrionLP posted...
I was playing last night and was in the middle of a 11-game win streak for Tuscon. I'm their elite AAA All Star closer once again.

Then they trade me to the Yankees for Derek goddamn Jeter.

So they throw me to the bottom of the barrel that is their Scranton affiliation. Fortunately, it doesn't take long to realize that I'm worth more than that so I got called up to the majors as part of their 25-man roster. Not as a closer since apparently Brian Fuentes has got that locked down so pitching more than one inning has been interesting for my guy. Off to a not so bad start, however. The team is doing a good job at keeping the Wild Card spot at least.

From a baseball player standpoint, suddenly playing for the New York Yankees is a huge deal but as a Mets fan...ugh.

Please tell me that the Jays are in first...
---
Now playing: Battlefield 3 (360), MLB 12 The Show (Vita)
#7SirusRiddler(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2012 8:53:35 PM
Boston and the Yankees made it into the playoffs I'm afraid.

The cool thing is it went 3-3 between the Yankees and the goddamn Phillies for the World Series. They throw me out there in the 8th inning in a tied game and have me pitch four scoreless innings (with barely any energy left, mind you) before Gardener finally hits a walk-off homerun. Which if it happened in real life would be only the second time in MLB World Series history apparently.

Haven't had a full year in the majors and my closer is already credited with the win for the decisive Game 7 in the 2013 World Series. How about that?

Now to see if I can win a full time closer spot during spring training.
---
#8SirusRiddler(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2012 8:59:16 PM
Oh, remember how I mentioned that the Padres got Derek Jeter for trading me to the Yankees?

Yeah, the Red Sox somehow got a hold of him. Imagine how that would be if that happened in real life. I wonder what the hell Boston did to get the Padres to part with him?
---
#9NightMareBunnyPosted 3/21/2012 12:13:56 PM
Wish i was traded...spent a year or so with The Smokies(Cubs Minor League)and they've kept me in the bullpen for ages whining if i don't complete every single goal.....then act like they're gonna kick me out when I'm not as perfect as they want me to be but when i demand a trade they deny my request and state That I'm too vital of an access to they're team...(What?!....this coming from the team that hates my guts)
---
JUS FC:347983426961
Diamond FC:4167-0966-1829