The Lilly Thread (SPOILERS)

#1GigginsPosted 1/5/2012 6:32:54 PM
Greatest love story ever told.

They both find true love for the rest of their life.
Hanako ends up better off THAN HER ACTUAL ROUTE LEAVES HER.
Akira ends up happier.
Shizune has a massive bro moment.
The sex scenes art incredibly tasteful.
---
#2SyfaPosted 1/5/2012 11:58:29 PM
I think my favorite bit was Hisao reading lilly the menu in the restaurant. That's what love is, a man reading his girlfriend a menu he doesn't understand on a second date.
---
Farewell Monster Hunter. The black wind howls again...
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.
#3TheGrimAngelPosted 1/6/2012 4:47:18 AM
How do you get the good ending for Lilly? I just finished playing that part and ended with her and Akira leaving for Scotland. Pretty depressing if I do say so my self.
#4TheGrimAngelPosted 1/6/2012 5:28:30 AM
Nevermind Figured it out after going through form the begining about 3 times using the skip function. Definately feel better about the good ending
#5MeatbaggerPosted 1/6/2012 7:42:14 AM
i think her's and Rins are the best of the bunch
#6SyfaPosted 1/6/2012 10:13:39 AM
Despite minor heart troubles I think lilly and emi are probably the best choices out of the girls i've played so far.

Lilly path is probably the most romantic and serious, leaving you with a very healthy lifestyle and quite a few healthy friendships. I'm not sure how many endings there are for her but I seem to have gotten the good one (waking up in hospital after airport and finding her music box - then her).

Not done emi path yet, but their love seems a bit more juvenile almost, though she does seem to be pushing him towards a very healthy active lifestyle.
---
#7Zell1226Posted 1/6/2012 2:26:07 PM
Why can't I hold all of these feels.

I'm not one for these kinds of games, but I was told it was great. So I played it. I did Lilly's route after Hanako (both good endings), and gave up the will to play, as I don't think there was anything better than Lilly's story. I cried. I kid you not, a single tear ran down my face when I heard that music box. Then the epilogue got me going. I cried like a *****, but I don't care. That's how you tell a story.
---
www.youtube.com/user/ZellDincht1226 - Gameplay videos!
i5 2500k @ 3.3GHz | 8 GB DDR3 @ 800 MHz | GTX 560
#8HollowNinjaPosted 1/6/2012 2:55:43 PM

Why can't I hold all of these feels.

I'm not one for these kinds of games, but I was told it was great. So I played it. I did Lilly's route after Hanako (both good endings), and gave up the will to play, as I don't think there was anything better than Lilly's story. I cried. I kid you not, a single tear ran down my face when I heard that music box. Then the epilogue got me going. I cried like a *****, but I don't care. That's how you tell a story.

Wait until you play Rin's path.

Despite minor heart troubles I think lilly and emi are probably the best choices out of the girls i've played so far.

Lilly path is probably the most romantic and serious, leaving you with a very healthy lifestyle and quite a few healthy friendships. I'm not sure how many endings there are for her but I seem to have gotten the good one (waking up in hospital after airport and finding her music box - then her).

Not done emi path yet, but their love seems a bit more juvenile almost, though she does seem to be pushing him towards a very healthy active lifestyle.

I don't think you should pick the person you love based on how healthy your lifestyle will be.
---
http://backloggery.com/hollowninja Steam: DJ illi ill
PSN: DJ_iLLi_iLL XBL: DJ iLLi iLL
#9w_roushPosted 1/6/2012 3:28:41 PM(edited)
I just finished beating the game in it's entirety (According to the library, I have 100%, despite the last item in the gallery seems to be locked). But man, this game hits home do me.

I shall admit that I myself growing up had what some would call disabilities, because at that time in my life they were a hindrance on what would be a normal life.

For the past few nights, I barely got any sleep. Games like these make me feel emotions that at times are alien to me what with not feeling most things in real life.

Kinda like being disconnected to a high degree.

But, I seem to be getting off topic.
The order I did the characters in were as follows. Hanako, Lilly, Emi, Shizune, Rin & finally Kenji. I don't know why I picked her other then the fact maybe it felt like she was one who was kind of a loner as well. The good endings as I said are good and done well. I do admit some of the story-lines of the characters do have you questioning whether you made the right choice or not as though to screw with you head thinking maybe you screwed up and maybe should go back and load.

I chose Rin as the last girl as I found her mannerisms to be interesting. But man was her story something else.

All I can say is that the game was really well done. I do admit it did make me feel odd what with it bringing up stuff from my own past I'd rather forget, even though I at times thought it was behind me.

There were many times I felt myself crying. Just something about this particular set of stories like I said really hit home to me. Sometimes making me wonder, what if I was in a situation and surroundings like that where at least I had some form of support? Kinda like the idea of, if this event in my life didn't happen, or happen differently, it could have made me into a completely different person, you know?

But then again, considering I had neck surgery a couple months back, the game had a double impact of sorts, making me question stuff. It is so odd to me that something we label as fantasy or fiction or whatever at least in this realm of existence we live in can have more effect then the actual reality we do live in.

This may sound like a silly theory or idea, but I do truly believe that there are multiple universes out there. Parallel ones or whatnot and that things that are created and labeled as art of "fiction" are as such only because they at times seem disconnected from our reality. Sometimes, it is as though those who create, have some connection to some other realm or universe or something and they also have the skills to transfer and translate that data they get inside their minds and transmit it into a medium which can then be shared.

Stories like this, stories that are so out there like some science fiction books. It really makes one wonder how some ideas come about or even the idea of an idea forms itself.

I don't know. Maybe this is a combo of sleep deprivation and stress and worry and how this game made me feel odd things I can word properly.

So, um yeah. I think that's all I have to say. I sure hope I didn't confuse anyone or go too off topic. Well, whatever. Just gotta see what to do now that I finished the game. Should I sleep a bit, or not. Birthday = tomorrow, so not sure.

Anyhow, take care everyone and enjoy the game.
#10SyfaPosted 1/6/2012 9:14:13 PM
HollowNinja posted...
I don't think you should pick the person you love based on how healthy your lifestyle will be.

If this weren't a game I might be inclined to agree with you, but on the other hand - would you date a drugdealer or criminal knowing that you're going to have an unhealthy lifestyle with them?
---