Is this game for people who have never had girlfriends or something?

#1Cpt_HumanPosted 1/17/2012 12:01:03 PM
I dont mean that in a facetious 'lol virgin nerd' way either.

I started playing because ive heard people on various sites talking about how it seriously made them reexamine their lives and other bold claims, which piqued my interest.

So i played 3 of the 5 stories, which i kind of enjoyed (Id of prefered less crappy H scenes, wheres the Emi-Rin threesome???), but i have yet to see anything truly moving or thought provoking, other then 'disabled people have feelings too'.

Also, its sooooooo melodramatic, its like the equivalent of a male chick flick, but i could see how it would be touching to someone who hasnt ever been in a relationship, but to most, id imagine its, as i said, too lovey dovey.

Lastly, Hisao is a complete beta, i honestly dont think he would get hot girls in real life, he seems more suited to lonely fat chicks.
---
Remember...no Urdu.
#2RenamonFOXPosted 1/17/2012 12:09:07 PM(edited)
You should have chosen the title of your topic more carefully. It's hard to imagine your tone being anything less than sarcastic and demeaning.

If you don't like the story, that's cool. If you don't like the characters, that's cool too. The rest of us feel a connection, however. I wouldn't say I "reexamined my life", but after skipping the gym to read Emi's story, I got off my butt and ended up at the gym.

Personally, I'm huge on the love confessions and the HNNNGGG! moments. I wish there was more of them, but sadly, the game seems to end shortly after inducing a moebeetic coma unto the reader.

While I, personally, wouldn't be interested in a guy like Hisao, I can also say that I probably wouldn't be interested in a guy like you, either. You'd be surprised how some people are when you get past the image of them you have in your head.

To say "This is a chick flick for people with no girlfriends" is generalizing, at best.
---
Emi's the most Emi when she runs. You don't get to see Emi at her Emiest very often.
Pretty anime girls go here. http://idol-studios.deviantart.com/
#3tripleh213Posted 1/17/2012 12:07:27 PM
Yea this game has a special place in my heart.
---
"You gotta protect the one you wanna protect" Crocodile One Piece
#4MasterMind034Posted 1/17/2012 12:10:45 PM
Omg guys I think this guy might be trolling!
---
GT: MasterMind34
#5RenamonFOXPosted 1/17/2012 12:12:14 PM
MasterMind034 posted...
Omg guys I think this guy might be trolling!

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and take his words at face value for at least one post. I haven't dusted off the ladder needed to get on my horse, lately.
---
Emi's the most Emi when she runs. You don't get to see Emi at her Emiest very often.
Pretty anime girls go here. http://idol-studios.deviantart.com/
#6OmniVoidPosted 1/17/2012 12:23:48 PM
I think it would be hard for the title to be interpreted in any way other than a facetious "lol nerd" way.

I don't think it is. I consider myself a very well-adjusted socially successful person and enjoy things like this quite a bit.

Many people enjoy stories with engaging characters or plots, regardless of their social situation.

Additionally: at least Hisao has the balls to say something, even if it's stupid, and presumably he looks at people when he talks to them.

That makes him at less beta than at least half of the people I see in my day-to-day who hardly speak at all in public settings, let alone without appearing nervous, and make a point of avoiding eye-contact or constantly sport a look of low self-worth.
#7RocknRollLightPosted 1/17/2012 12:33:47 PM
Doesn't matter who it's for...at least not to me anyway. I play it for the same reason I read a book.
#8RVI985Posted 1/17/2012 12:42:11 PM
I doubt the average person who likes playing egoshooters does so because he/she has a burning desire to shoot people in real life...
#9OldDirtyCRPosted 1/17/2012 1:02:12 PM
I think many VN's/anime/mangas/etc seem to have the main male character portrayed as a typical shy reserved almost nerdy guy. This is probably because that is usually the type of person that kind of material is marketed to. If every VN/anime/manga was about some macho jerk I don't think the average anime/manage/VN lover would connect as much.

TL;DR They make the main character shy and nerdy because usually shy and nerdy people are the targeted market
#10ritz2Posted 1/17/2012 1:08:29 PM
Cpt_Human, for many people it's "Baby's first visualnovel" and I don't doubt it's those people who are feeling anything about it. The game is average as far as visual novels go, I've read much better ones.
---
http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n521/Melonwaters/4524032.jpg