This game

#11KOFXIIIPosted 2/4/2013 9:08:31 PM
Gyrigo posted...
Rin's entire route is too extreme.

Also if this is really your first VN, bad news, all the other ones aren't quite as good. You are literally playing the best VN ever right now. The closest IMO are 'Ever 17' and 'Yume Miru Kusuri: A Drug That Makes You Dream' and they will both feel like a step backwards.

While I agree that they're all great games, I rank them above KS.

I'd recommend TC to play YMK first, it's not quite as big as Ever17 (game also has weird pacing) and it's not as good, but it's not bat at all either.
#12Balthier_Kusana(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 4:01:11 AM
As this is my first VN, it will always hold a special place in my heart, and I dont think another VN could over take that.

LIke Crash Bandicoot was my first ever game, or Final Fantasy XII was my first ever FF game, but I digress.

I mean, I pretty much went in blindly, I knew it was about crippled girls and it was a VN, but that was it. I'd never played a VN before, and it was an experience. I mean, I laughed, I cried, I enjoyed my time with the characters. And for a time, they felt real.
---
psn : Balthier_Karas
Omni vincit amor; et nos cedamus amori
#13Intro1827Posted 2/5/2013 10:15:14 AM
Gyrigo posted...
Rin's entire route is too extreme.

Also if this is really your first VN, bad news, all the other ones aren't quite as good. You are literally playing the best VN ever right now. The closest IMO are 'Ever 17' and 'Yume Miru Kusuri: A Drug That Makes You Dream' and they will both feel like a step backwards.

Can't say I've played too many VN, but CLANNAD made me cry like a little girl, unlike Katawa Shoujo.
---
http://youtu.be/ltzQVVbM4CE
http://walfas.org/flash/yukari_portal.swf
#14Balthier_Kusana(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 7:20:30 AM
Just finished Lilly's route.....Oh god....the feels.....
---
#15KarateChopinPosted 2/12/2013 10:32:11 PM
@Gyrigo

Katawa Shoujo is good, but there are many VNs with better characters and better stories. Read Muv-Luv Extra, Muv-Luv Unlimited and Muv-Luv Alternative in that order. MLA may be the best VN ever.
#16Balthier_Kusana(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 4:24:42 AM
To be honest, Ive not played this in a while, might go back to it later on and play Shizune's route then rin's
---