Improving the game?

#1sejembalmPosted 4/4/2012 9:12:50 PM
I have posted vitriolic complaints of Unit 13, but how about suggestions to improve it?

Fixing the glitches would be a priority. The areas behind cover where you cannot pop-up or swing around to shoot at enemies. The invisible barriers extending from nearby pieces of cover. That sort of thing.

Having destructible environments would add some realism. Snipers hiding behind a thin plywood wall? Shoot through their cover. Of course, that cuts both ways. .30 caliber rifle bullets can chew through a lot of cover. Wood beams, trees, hay bales, mud huts, chicken pens, thin cement or brick walls, etc. don't offer very good protection against 7.62x39mm, 7.62x51mm, and 7.62x54R rounds. 5.45x39mm & 5.56x45mm rounds are more easily deflected and blocked by objects.

It would be interesting if the game included body armor (bullet-proof vests, helmets, etc.) that could protect you from grenade blasts, buckshot, and pistol rounds (not so much against rifle rounds, realistically), but armor might slow your character down even more, if that is possible (it might slow the machine-gunner into reverse).

Or go light-weight, armed with a submachine gun or a light commando weapon chambered in a round commonly found on dead terrorists, such as the Russian AK-103 or OC-14-1A Groza-1, both chambered for the 7.62x39mm AK-47 round. Just have a few magazines on hand and loot more ammo from the dead. This light load-out would allow your character to move faster. Or have the option of carrying extra ammo, but moving slower.

Save ammo and improve accuracy by setting your assault rifles to semi-auto or burst.

Have an underbarrel grenade launcher for certain rifles.

Be able to loot grenades from dead bomb-lobbing enemies or from ammo boxes.

Have the ability to stand to fire over blocking objects, or go prone and crawl around.

Have the screen touchpad buttons also be operated by the controller buttons (the direction pad buttons, O button, etc.) as the screen touch buttons have problems.

Your ideas?
#2Fuzzhead73Posted 4/4/2012 9:18:18 PM
I TOTALLY AGREE

I have finished the game and even deleted save game so started all over. Different options would be pretty sweet - (improved AI even better) I am not a developer so I will not speak to that.

Here is a question: Either Console or Handheld when they develop a game does it matter ? the console has pretty good AI so is it a big deal to have the same for a handheld?
#3flowersjfPosted 4/5/2012 6:30:58 AM
sejembalm posted...
I have posted vitriolic complaints of Unit 13, but how about suggestions to improve it?Fixing the glitches would be a priority. The areas behind cover where you cannot pop-up or swing around to shoot at enemies. The invisible barriers extending from nearby pieces of cover. That sort of thing.Having destructible environments would add some realism. Snipers hiding behind a thin plywood wall? Shoot through their cover. Of course, that cuts both ways. .30 caliber rifle bullets can chew through a lot of cover. Wood beams, trees, hay bales, mud huts, chicken pens, thin cement or brick walls, etc. don't offer very good protection against 7.62x39mm, 7.62x51mm, and 7.62x54R rounds. 5.45x39mm & 5.56x45mm rounds are more easily deflected and blocked by objects.It would be interesting if the game included body armor (bullet-proof vests, helmets, etc.) that could protect you from grenade blasts, buckshot, and pistol rounds (not so much against rifle rounds, realistically), but armor might slow your character down even more, if that is possible (it might slow the machine-gunner into reverse).Or go light-weight, armed with a submachine gun or a light commando weapon chambered in a round commonly found on dead terrorists, such as the Russian AK-103 or OC-14-1A Groza-1, both chambered for the 7.62x39mm AK-47 round. Just have a few magazines on hand and loot more ammo from the dead. This light load-out would allow your character to move faster. Or have the option of carrying extra ammo, but moving slower.Save ammo and improve accuracy by setting your assault rifles to semi-auto or burst.Have an underbarrel grenade launcher for certain rifles.Be able to loot grenades from dead bomb-lobbing enemies or from ammo boxes.Have the ability to stand to fire over blocking objects, or go prone and crawl around.Have the screen touchpad buttons also be operated by the controller buttons (the direction pad buttons, O button, etc.) as the screen touch buttons have problems.Your ideas?

All off your points are solid. Couldn't agree more, but even with all of that I still found it to be a really fun game lol
#4sejembalm(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2012 8:08:38 AM
Fuzzhead73 posted...
Here is a question: Either Console or Handheld when they develop a game does it matter ? the console has pretty good AI so is it a big deal to have the same for a handheld?

AI in the game is the result of the game designers and developers, many of whom use AI and other game mechanics from previous games, or so I have read.

And the PS Vita was touted as a handheld PS3 in processing and graphics, so AI should not be dumbed-down.

What shooter AI was exceptionally good?
#5Darkoon_Posted 4/6/2012 7:52:55 PM
I wish there was an option to remove camera acceleration and aim assist.
---
PSN: Darkoon
#6sejembalm(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2012 5:43:11 AM
Different types of missions: DEFENDER.
Have missions where you must defend your base or safe-house from an enemy attack. Instead of your character going on an intrusion mission, you must defend your territory from intruders.

Perhaps have bases where you are training locals to fight the enemy terrorists and you must help these allies by repulsing an enemy attack. Keep friendly losses low or they will retreat and scatter, leaving you to defend the base.

Perhaps the enemy could have armored cars, APCs, or tanks supporting their attack and you must use anti-tank weapons to destroy or immobilize them?

Other Unit 13 improvement discussion:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/650674-unit-13/62503684
#7flowersjfPosted 4/22/2012 7:28:10 AM

They should have rail shooter like missions where you're using a gatling gun on a helicopter and you have to kill the enemies from above like the ending of the first mission on MW3.