Is there a guide and/or tips for My Player?

#1lemon limePosted 3/29/2012 6:59:15 AM
Hi, I'm looking for a guide or tips/hints/tricks for My Player. If anyone knows of a website please pass it along.

Thank You!!
---
gamertag: Dbone four20
Philadelphia Phillies
#2HybridParkPosted 3/29/2012 7:59:18 AM
What are you having problems with? I haven't been able to really find any help online as far as guides,etc. but possibly people here could start being more active and sharing haha.
---
This Sig will not change until the Green Bay Packers win the Super Bowl. Started March 14, 2004 Sig Changed: 2/6/11 GO PACK GO
#3lemon lime(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2012 8:10:30 AM
I am not having problems, per say. I'm 18 games in and do not want to make a "career ending" decision. I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to stuff like this and was wondering if there is a certain way to do things. Should i just wing it?

Thanks!!
---
gamertag: Dbone four20
Philadelphia Phillies
#4PsychoD_BoyPosted 3/29/2012 12:49:59 PM
Just play the game and have fun. I'm pretty sure you can't do anything "career ending" besides selecting "retire" in the "career decisions" menu. And really, why would you do that?
---
Its my constitutional right to arm bears.
#5im_a_double_xlPosted 3/29/2012 3:52:39 PM

Just try and make your player a complete player before you complete your stat goals if you don't want to suck in the majors. If one of your goals is power vs lefty > 70, leave it at 69 until you get your speed, fielding, and eye stats up. When you get to the majors, it get really hard to hit.

#6HybridParkPosted 3/29/2012 6:38:43 PM
Yea I'm not sure what you mean by a career ending decision, but as everyone else said, don't jump to the bigs asap. My last goal was the bunting one, so I stayed under the required amount for a few months until my guy was just too good and they called me up without fulfilling all my goals.
---
This Sig will not change until the Green Bay Packers win the Super Bowl. Started March 14, 2004 Sig Changed: 2/6/11 GO PACK GO
#7hawkeye2188Posted 3/30/2012 5:36:16 AM
im_a_double_xl posted...
Just try and make your player a complete player before you complete your stat goals if you don't want to suck in the majors. If one of your goals is power vs lefty > 70, leave it at 69 until you get your speed, fielding, and eye stats up. When you get to the majors, it get really hard to hit.

Agreed. Don't try to progress to the majors too fast cause you will suck.
---
GT: hawkeye2188
#8MiguelCabrera24Posted 3/30/2012 9:03:47 AM
Well personally, and it seems I'm the only one, I want to get to the majors as soon as possible. Pick a position on a team that doesn't have a very good player so you will beat them out for the position. For example, I chose the Marlins. The easiest positions to take over for Miami is catcher and CF, so I chose catcher.

If you feel like it, if you have a poor performance and go 0-fer, quit the game. You get X2 points for hit streaks. Also, your hitting stats will increase for continuous good performance games.

I'm currently on my last game of the minor league season, and the only goal I need to do is get 10 stolen bases. I'm at 9, so I'll just keep restarting until I achieve that goal, and then I should get called up to the majors.
---
miamiDOLPHINSfloridaMARLINSmiamiHEATcentralfloridaKNIGHTSkansasJAYHAWKS
#9Spiky_JaguarPosted 3/30/2012 1:14:13 PM
I would try to get to the majors ASAP.

Once you get to the majors all of your counting stats (HR, RBI, etc) will start to mean something. If your goal is to play a whole career, that doesn't matter. If you are trying to get to the HOF quick, it is very important. You can try to sim though most games, but you will still play a TON.

I got to the HOF after 6 seasons, simmed as much as possible, and still played over 350 games (some of those were just clutch moments).

I also skipped all the drills while in the majors, but that was because it was taking so long to get through a season.
---
what chance does anyone have on even SELLING their PS3 on ebay? - themothman421