Blade vs. Nemesis in Hard Mode

#1FlamefuryPosted 2/8/2012 5:52:07 PM
I'm playing the game for the first time ever, choosing hard mode because I always take the hardest setting. Suffice to say, I was not expecting hard mode to be like Nightmare by modern standards today, but I persevered and feel like I'm getting closer to the end of the game.

Anyway, I got to the point where I can decide whether or not I want to keep the Blade or trade it for the Nemesis. Though I realize I can change back at any point, getting to the location necessary is kind of annoying, plus I'd need to level the blade again (truthfully, it's a small chore).

Nemesis is pretty powerful, but the Blade made some boss fights possible for me to win, especially the two that stumped me for quite a while in the Labyrinth (won't spoil anything). The area slash effect worked as a defensive shield and losing that makes me nervous about the upcoming battles. If I can try and predict anything in the future, it will continue to provide a glorious bullet hell.

At the same time, the Nemesis is much more spammable from my minor testing and it can probably chain damage faster than the Blade can against certain enemies. One of the gripes I had with the Blade is that it could either do stellar damage or connect poorly and cause me to go "oh-my-god-why-can't-I-fire-again?"

I can't decide. Anyone with experience with hard mode want to provide their thoughts for me?

If it's relevant, I held out for the Spur. That was definitely not easy.
#2Alien ManPosted 2/8/2012 10:20:29 PM
I would keep the blade personally. Blade lvl 2 has the highest damage per second of any weapon in the game and I never liked how the Nemesis lost a lot of damage as soon as you accidentally picked up a triangle or two.
---
What now...?
#3WazzupGenius00Posted 2/10/2012 12:54:43 AM
In Hard mode the Blade seems totally obvious. Un-leveling the Nemesis is almost impossible in Hard Mode.
---
http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/8840/crashsig.jpg
#4Flamefury(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2012 2:59:59 PM
Heh, I went with the Nemesis by recommendation of a friend and am now regretting it against the final boss. I was under the impression that bosses wouldn't drop triangles, but the final boss spawns a few regular enemies. If only you guys posted sooner...

Stuck myself in a pretty bad situation. Wonder if it's worth going ALL the way back for the Blade again...
#5Lee7Posted 2/12/2012 5:02:06 AM
in sacred grounds nemesis is lot better than blade

*spoilers*

imo ballos(2nd form) is lot harder with blade than nemesis

*spoilers end*
---
-Sense, this makes none-
-Core 2 duo E6300 @ 1.8ghz, 4gt ram, sapphire radeon x800GT 256mt vram-