Is This Any Better Than the Wii Version?

#1CatalystGuitar18Posted 4/25/2012 8:28:32 PM
I have the freeware version on my computer and then the re-release on WiiWare. Is this just a port of the WiiWare version or is it different in any way?
---
Come check out my music at www.last.fm/music/tyler+hellner
PSN ID: Senor_Rub_a_Dub
#2U1gitaroomanPosted 4/26/2012 5:19:45 AM
Since I doubt anyone else is gonna answer....

Don't quote me on this but I think the Cave Story + adds a new end-game area or two but DOESN'T have things like the "Curly Story" that I hear the WiiWare game has.

If you want more details, google it.
---
It could be anything.
Because clearly this is the board for orange soda and five dollar foot longs. What on earth did you think he meant, if not the game?
#3U1gitaroomanPosted 4/26/2012 5:21:38 AM
aaaaaand I just realized CS+ has Curly mode. Gotta go get her panties! Brb.
---
It could be anything.
Because clearly this is the board for orange soda and five dollar foot longs. What on earth did you think he meant, if not the game?
#4platinumkiwiPosted 4/28/2012 8:55:13 AM
The DSi version just recently got updated to have everything from all versions didn't it? Seems like the definitive version now.
---
I promise, my artwork isn't COMPLETE crap!
http://platinumplatypus.deviantart.com/
#5mtpfreakPosted 4/30/2012 3:41:03 AM
FYI the 3DS is due to receive it's own version of cave story+, and hopefully actually receive an EU release unlike Cave Story DSi.
---
Clean Cut high score: 65 cuts?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6_Ty50Kais
#6Hiroshi_MishimaPosted 5/5/2012 12:48:31 PM
That's if you can get past the mediocre 3D graphics on the 3DS version. I mean, I'm a fan of those early 3D games, and even I think it could've been better. There's really no reason why a game that practically LOOKS like a first-gen N64 should be $40.. except precedent, I suppose. The 3DS is full of expensive N64 games last I checked. >_>;

If the price was more reasonable (say, $20 without having to pay extra for all the damn DLC), and I actually had a 3DS, I'd say go for that version. As it stands, I think I'll be getting the Plus version.

I guess if you just can't stand having money, get every version and see for yourself which is best. For me, I'm a gamer with low monetary surplus, so I have to pick and choose my titles wisely. I'm still considering just getting the free original version again, haven't played the thing since it was untranslated.