Is This Any Better Than the Wii Version?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Cave Story Plus
  3. Is This Any Better Than the Wii Version?
4 years ago#1
I have the freeware version on my computer and then the re-release on WiiWare. Is this just a port of the WiiWare version or is it different in any way?
Come check out my music at www.last.fm/music/tyler+hellner
PSN ID: Senor_Rub_a_Dub
4 years ago#2
Since I doubt anyone else is gonna answer....

Don't quote me on this but I think the Cave Story + adds a new end-game area or two but DOESN'T have things like the "Curly Story" that I hear the WiiWare game has.

If you want more details, google it.
It could be anything.
Because clearly this is the board for orange soda and five dollar foot longs. What on earth did you think he meant, if not the game?
4 years ago#3
aaaaaand I just realized CS+ has Curly mode. Gotta go get her panties! Brb.
It could be anything.
Because clearly this is the board for orange soda and five dollar foot longs. What on earth did you think he meant, if not the game?
4 years ago#4
The DSi version just recently got updated to have everything from all versions didn't it? Seems like the definitive version now.
I promise, my artwork isn't COMPLETE crap!
http://platinumplatypus.deviantart.com/
4 years ago#5
FYI the 3DS is due to receive it's own version of cave story+, and hopefully actually receive an EU release unlike Cave Story DSi.
Clean Cut high score: 65 cuts?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6_Ty50Kais
4 years ago#6
That's if you can get past the mediocre 3D graphics on the 3DS version. I mean, I'm a fan of those early 3D games, and even I think it could've been better. There's really no reason why a game that practically LOOKS like a first-gen N64 should be $40.. except precedent, I suppose. The 3DS is full of expensive N64 games last I checked. >_>;

If the price was more reasonable (say, $20 without having to pay extra for all the damn DLC), and I actually had a 3DS, I'd say go for that version. As it stands, I think I'll be getting the Plus version.

I guess if you just can't stand having money, get every version and see for yourself which is best. For me, I'm a gamer with low monetary surplus, so I have to pick and choose my titles wisely. I'm still considering just getting the free original version again, haven't played the thing since it was untranslated.
  1. Boards
  2. Cave Story Plus
  3. Is This Any Better Than the Wii Version?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived