Strangest Battle

#1Sir_ThomasPosted 4/9/2012 11:35:28 AM
As you know, your Daimyo has to gain experience along with your other generals or their loyalty will drop. My Daimyo was a three star general this morning, and he was in a very dangerous position near two full strength enemy armies. I brought up a powerful ninja, and stacked him with my Daimyo to use next turn. Some how bringing up the ninja led to my Daimyo attacking the two enemy armies when I ended the turn. I decided to play the battle manually against the two enemy armies. I knew that I had saved before ending the turn, so when the battle started to go against me, I hit escape to concede defeat. My general retreated losing some cavalry. Since it was now the enemy's turn his armies attacked one by one. This time I resolved the battles automatically thinking my Daimyo would be defeated and killed, but he WON both battles. Not only did he win those battles, but he captured the province on my next turn and went up to four stars.
#2DarkLight3Posted 4/10/2012 12:58:07 PM
You must have retreated to a perfect spot and had just the right amount of units. Happens sometimes. Reminds me of in vanilla campaign i had a ressuply army of mostly Bow Samurai and a few Ashigaru spears and got ambushed by a full army, but it happened right at a hill top so i managed to hold off a full army with a third of one by being ambushed.

Pure luck.
#3PoisonArcPosted 4/13/2012 4:58:21 PM
I think I killed ~2000 men and lost ~400 and I didn't even have naval bombardment. Can't reciprocate with my other army with naval bombardment which puts me in a precarious situation in terms of opening a second front...
---
pew pew
#4desert_fox201Posted 4/16/2012 1:10:00 PM
Reminds me of a battle in M2 where I was facing two armies and managed to defeat the first army, and reform my army by the time their reinforcements arrived. Unfortunately, my main tactic was decimating their heavy infantry with crossbow fire (how had little to no ammunition left) and flanking with heavy cav. (who I stupidly tried to sneak past a spear unit... unsuccessfully). Still managed to defeat them, but with 500 casualties instead of 50...
---
"Welcome to 313, where people moan about their dads, have phimosis and shower before curry." - Lagunathemoron