Might seem like a weird question but...

#1Lord_VaderPosted 4/19/2012 10:49:33 PM
Is there anyway to get the in-game units to speak Japanese instead of English? I assumed there was an option to have Japanese spoken since all of the units in Empire and Napoleon spoke their national languages, but I couldn't find one.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: Darth Tinman
Live long and prosper.
#2Phoenix_Down89Posted 4/22/2012 7:04:02 AM

Well I'm pretty sure in regular shogun 2 they only spoke Japanese, but I'm thinking because of the western influences they now speak English.

#3Lord_Vader(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2012 8:57:30 AM
But that's not historically accurate is it? O_o Cause Japanese people still speak Japanese mostly.
---
Live long and prosper.
#4Phoenix_Down89Posted 4/22/2012 2:47:37 PM

Yeah true lol

#5Kenokun128Posted 4/23/2012 5:22:03 AM
But that's not historically accurate is it? O_o Cause Japanese people still speak Japanese mostly.

Technically it would be correct for them to speak english/ french/ or german,. Many of the soldiers were taught by foreigners and their organization, commands and drills were based on Western concepts, culture and language.

In other words if you were a foreigner trying to teach a local the command "Fire", rather then trying to use a local / native word for "Fire"(which might not even exist), you would simply teach them the english word "Fire" instead.
---
It takes an Idiot to do cool things, Thats why its cool.
-Furikuri
#6CopianamesPosted 4/25/2012 4:47:42 AM
Lord_Vader posted...
Is there anyway to get the in-game units to speak Japanese instead of English? I assumed there was an option to have Japanese spoken since all of the units in Empire and Napoleon spoke their national languages, but I couldn't find one.
---
Live long and prosper.

Unfortunately there is not a way to do that. The unit's voices are spoken in Japanese in Shogun 2 and Rise of The Samurai but Creative Assembly decided to make the units speak English instead in Fall of The Samurai since it was a popular demand by their community.

To me it was more immersive with Japanese voiced units but...