Should I get this if....

#1xiayanPosted 4/22/2012 3:02:57 PM

I never played any shogun game ever besides the Shogun 2 total war demo which I thought was cool.

Is this a good place to start? Should I bother playing the others? Do they have anything to do with each other or is everything fresh for a newcomer to hop into or should I go back and play one of the other games before trying this.

#2Lord_VaderPosted 4/22/2012 10:25:15 PM
xiayan posted...
I never played any shogun game ever besides the Shogun 2 total war demo which I thought was cool.Is this a good place to start? Should I bother playing the others? Do they have anything to do with each other or is everything fresh for a newcomer to hop into or should I go back and play one of the other games before trying this.

This actually feels more like a different game than an expansion to Shogun 2. So yeah you wouldn't be at a disadvantage starting from this game. Each of the different Total War games have their own story and mechanics so you really don't need to start at a particular one. However Fall of the Samurai is most similar to Napoleon TW and Empire TW because of the use of gunpowder. It actually does gunpowder warfare in a better way imo. So you can start at this one if you want but the others are good in their own right too.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: Darth Tinman
Live long and prosper.
#3CopianamesPosted 4/25/2012 4:42:57 AM

If you own a videogame capable computer and you don't own Shogun 2 or Fall of the Samurai you are missing of the best PC exclusive franchises out there in the market.

#4The Ghost SongPosted 4/25/2012 6:34:54 AM
It's not PC exclusive anymore. There's a tablet version now.