Can you choose the protagonists gender?

#1lsabellePosted 2/15/2014 2:35:46 AM
Yes or no?
#2CoachTravisPosted 2/15/2014 3:25:26 AM
Based on the 13 minute video recently released that showed the opening of the game, I'm pretty sure the answer is no: The game seems to start with your character already in place as a boy, and it seems you only get to choose a class (even the name input screen intentionally doesn't work, so Cartman simply call you "Douchebag". In most games this would bug me, since I create female characters quite often, but for some reason I don't think I'd ever want to use a female character for a South Park game anyway. It just wouldn't feel right.
#3FarynUPosted 2/15/2014 4:07:32 AM
*repost from 360 board*

Honestly, I was hoping for a female option but at this point I dont think so

First of all, the question was asked at Comicon and was not answered (appart from the "This will put is back another 3 months" funny answer they gave a couple of times)

Second, I think it would change the story to much, Seriously, do you expect Cartman to react so calmly to a new kid if it was a girl? But dont get me wrong, I`d love to Oneup Cartman with a Girl Mage ;)

Guess we`ll have to wait and see till the game releases
#4Aries139Posted 2/15/2014 9:18:33 AM
Parker said something about completing the abortion clinic level to unlock the girl skin in at comic con. I'm not sure if he is serious or not.

http://youtu.be/v31uC1FE8aM?t=1m20s
#5989boogiePosted 2/15/2014 3:24:34 PM
from what i remember early on from when the game was announced is yes back from old gameinformer videos.
---
Zoknowsgaming.com
#6989boogiePosted 2/15/2014 3:26:25 PM
but i could be wrong
---
Zoknowsgaming.com
#7SnajgerPosted 2/15/2014 5:14:50 PM
CoachTravis posted...
Based on the 13 minute video recently released that showed the opening of the game, I'm pretty sure the answer is no: The game seems to start with your character already in place as a boy, and it seems you only get to choose a class (even the name input screen intentionally doesn't work, so Cartman simply call you "Douchebag". In most games this would bug me, since I create female characters quite often, but for some reason I don't think I'd ever want to use a female character for a South Park game anyway. It just wouldn't feel right.

That video just skips over the character creation process. You can choose hairstyles and all that stuff you'd expect. But if you can play as a girl I do not know.
#8Eat_Red_CarpetPosted 2/15/2014 9:05:48 PM
Can't say they haven't changed their minds since this trailer but I have seen alot of debate about this in the forums since i got on tonight......

58-1:05

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7F4bPwBWQw
---
South Park: The Stick of Truth 2013
-Was worried I would have to Change the year on that sig- <<<<And I Did March 4th this time no more B/S
#9grand_kaizerPosted 2/16/2014 12:42:44 AM
Snajger posted...
CoachTravis posted...

That video just skips over the character creation process. You can choose hairstyles and all that stuff you'd expect. But if you can play as a girl I do not know.

This. That gameplay video skips over all the actual opening stuff. If you don't see the new game option in the title screen first, there's always reason to doubt that they've shown the opening just yet.
---
"I am the Truest Repairman!"
#10redhawtPosted 2/16/2014 3:48:07 AM
Considering in one interview they said " no we held back the opening scene to not give away the whole epic start scene"

I would say no can't confirm or deny until a reviewer lets us know ( if he/she can that is)
---
psn id domtoretto1,board lvl-Idol
Ps4,Ps3,Psvita,xbone,wiiu-my setup this gen